Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yuri!!! on Ice

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
So, I compiled all the applicable recommendations from the recommendation thread, and I've posted a poll. You can select one option.
I didn't select Mahou Shoujo Ore because it starts only in April(which means there'll only be four episodes to discuss), and Erin because it has 50 episodes and no one has time for that.
Poll closes on 30th March 2018, at 10 PM IST.
Here are the options, just to let you know again, provided with the myanimelist links:
Owari no Seraphhttps://myanimelist.net/anime/26243/Owari_no_Seraph
Danmachihttps://myanimelist.net/anime/28121/Dungeon_ni_Deai_wo_Motomeru_no_wa_Machigatteiru_Darou_ka
KonoSubahttps://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
Yuri!!! On Icehttps://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice?q=yuri On ice

Honestly, I am not so sure what to choose. I will be voting soon but not right now. I would like to pick the most interesting one among the lot.

when will this poll be closed? i voted and i can't see the date now. if no one wants to vote, then you should declare the anime

@KuranKaname @Risk @Sindar @TechnicalSuwako @Kaynil Any of the anime from the options seem interesting to you? If so, can you cast your vote?
SecretWish said:
when will this poll be closed? i voted and i can't see the date now. if no one wants to vote, then you should declare the anime

On 30th, as it's mentioned clearly in my post. The result will be declared after that, and I'll be making weekly discussion threads.

Yuri on Ice rings a bell to me only because a few folks at one of the Japari Park-related Discord servers were showing off some photos of it a few months ago.
But other than that, I didn't really see it.

I don't think many people would participate this time but even so, just wait for the designated time and select the anime.
I am not going to participate in voting but I would think about watching the selected anime.

TechnicalSuwako said:
Yuri on Ice rings a bell to me only because a few folks at one of the Japari Park-related Discord servers were showing off some photos of it a few months ago.
But other than that, I didn't really see it.

will you watch it if it gets selected this month?
we could all discuss it. i heard that it's a great anime

Risk said:
I've already seen Konosuba, I'd consider watching the first 2 maybe.

why not yuri no ice? it's got shonen ai vibe may be but it's not shonen ai and it's got good rating too.

SecretWish said:
will you watch it if it gets selected this month?
we could all discuss it. i heard that it's a great anime

I just took a look on Wikipedia, and it seems like the show ended 1.5 years ago.
But seeing it's only 12 episodes long, I can see if I can get some DVDs somehow.

The surprising thing about this anime is that it became so big that even Olympic ice skaters started referencing it.
Its opening was played a lot of times in recent Winter Olympics.
I came to know of the above like yesterday.
TechnicalSuwako said:
I just took a look on Wikipedia, and it seems like the show ended 1.5 years ago.
But seeing it's only 12 episodes long, I can see if I can get some DVDs somehow.

You don't have a streaming service?
According to anime news network, these are the broadcasters:
BS Asahi
Nagasaki Culture Telecasting Corporation
Sun TV
TV Asahi

Risk said:
I've already seen Konosuba, I'd consider watching the first 2 maybe.

It's a pretty popular sports anime that's mainstream and family-friendly, btw.

MadaraUchiha said:
The surprising thing about this anime is that it became so big that even Olympic ice skaters started referencing it.
Its opening was played a lot of times in recent Winter Olympics.
I came to know of the above like yesterday.

You don't have a streaming service?
According to anime news network, these are the broadcasters:
BS Asahi
Nagasaki Culture Telecasting Corporation
Sun TV
TV Asahi

It's a pretty popular sports anime that's mainstream and family-friendly, btw.

I barely watch any anime series, and if I watch, I watch on TV at the moment it happens.

Usually either on Fuji TV or on TV Tokyo, but I have access to a couple more channels (basically everything available in the Kantou region of Japan).

But seeing the series has already ended long ago, it's unlikely it'll be broadcasted any time soon (unless they randomly announce a new season).

TechnicalSuwako said:
I barely watch any anime series, and if I watch, I watch on TV at the moment it happens.

Usually either on Fuji TV or on TV Tokyo, but I have access to a couple more channels (basically everything available in the Kantou region of Japan).

But seeing the series has already ended long ago, it's unlikely it'll be broadcasted any time soon (unless they randomly announce a new season).

A movie has been announced but its release date is TBA.
But since it's like insanely popular there's a possibiltiy of re-runs.
But it's completely up to you whether you wanna watch it or not.

TechnicalSuwako said:

you could stream it. DVD's are just waste of money.
if you want anime streaming sites, i could give you some recommendations

SecretWish said:
you could stream it. DVD's are just waste of money.
if you want anime streaming sites, i could give you some recommendations

If you can then go ahead.
My experience with such sites is that legal ones are all geo-blocked, and illegal ones serve a fuckton of ads and go down a few weeks later.

TV on the other hand is legal with no geo-blocking, still serves a fuckton of ads in between programmes but at least it never goes down.

Back