Pirates of the Caribbean getting reboted

I could have sworn they were making more in the series, didn't think they go for a reboot. But I'm pretty sure the reason it was love was due to dep's Jack character.

I hope they can pull it off.

Part 4 is the worst, part 5 is marginally better but it's still pretty bad(I made the mistake of watching it in theatres). While I'm not a big fan of part 3, I do like it, and I love parts 1 and 2.
Rebooting it baffles me because the first part was released in 2003, not a long time ago. Disney is seriously running out of ideas, they are rebooting and remaking anything and everything now.

MadaraUchiha said:
Part 4 is the worst, part 5 is marginally better but it's still pretty bad(I made the mistake of watching it in theatres). While I'm not a big fan of part 3, I do like it, and I love parts 1 and 2.
Rebooting it baffles me because the first part was released in 2003, not a long time ago. Disney is seriously running out of ideas, they are rebooting and remaking anything and everything now.

I really can't think of any improvements honestly The CGI is perfectly fine honestly.
That was a one-time magic and they can't replicate it.
They didn't even do that good a job with stuff like Beauty and the Beast.

MadaraUchiha said:

It's sadly kind of the trend now in both movies and games. I just know Walt Disney himself would be ashame of this kind of state Disney is in.

Demon_skeith said:
It's sadly kind of the trend now in both movies and games. I just know Walt Disney himself would be ashame of this kind of state Disney is in.

Yeah like next year they have three remakes of classic Disney films, and two of them(Aladdin and Lion King) definitely don't need remakes.

A reboot? Seriously? I have my doubts that this will go well...the first one that comes out may do okay but I can not imagine people will want to watch another one after...

Daniel said:
A reboot? Seriously? I have my doubts that this will go well...the first one that comes out may do okay but I can not imagine people will want to watch another one after...

I give it the benefit of the doubt but it's probably not gonna sell well and they cancel any plans for a sequel.

I loved these movies though I don't care for Disney's franchise anymore. Always been a fan of Johnny Depp since 21 Jump Street (the original). Fun Fact: He's an introvert!
There's 5 movies & there is talk there may be a 6th one. Do you think that's too many? I do. When the storyline goes on for too long & especially for too long timewise in between the first to the last, it loses its meaning. The reboots tend to lack good storylines & always develop plotholes.

I had no idea there was talk of replacing him....this movie will never be the same without the original jack...imo he's the reason people love the show so much

Blackrose said:
I had no idea there was talk of replacing him....this movie will never be the same without the original jack...imo he's the reason people love the show so much

I'm not sure what you mean by cleared up because he was found guilty of the majority of the charges. He's done.

I see..will have to look up that amber herd.
Well maybe it will be ok but I seriously doubt anyone else will be able to do a better job than him...he's been at it for years after all

Blackrose said:
I see..will have to look up that amber herd.
Well maybe it will be ok but I seriously doubt anyone else will be able to do a better job than him...he's been at it for years after all
If you haven't heard of the Amber Herd, Johnny Depp situation then you have seriously been living under a rock

Burnsy said:
I'm not sure what you mean by cleared up because he was found guilty of the majority of the charges. He's done.
I could have sworn the actual case was still ongoing, but that it was essentially being proven that he was not the abuser, she was...granted, in all honesty, I haven't kept up with it.

Back