Perfect Blue Anime Movie

Blackangel said:
i know that.
but we were too late in selecting them. wouldn't that give us extra time for the next month too?
We can select new ones next month. These don't take a long time to watch anyway.

MadaraUchiha said:
We can select new ones next month. These don't take a long time to watch anyway.
PHP:
not many people will watch this way.
they would like to have more time like me

Oh man I had no idea what was real and what was a dream at many points and I thought I wouldn't get the story by the time I finished watching but the reality/explanation was a lot simpler than what I thought it would be. I thought there was a stalker at first like the movie wants you to think of course. But during the bit with the actress psychologist talking about multiple personalities and the bloody clothes in her room made me think I knew what was going on (she was the killer). But later even that was thrown out.

I guess the website was her talking to the stalker/fan in first person as pop star mima. The stalker wasn't even a stalker we know later, just a slightly obsessed fan. That explains the bloody clothes in her room and possibly the dead fishes. I still don't understand why mima was getting visions and lucid dreams if she wasn't crazy. 

The movie was good and I wouldn't say I loved it mostly because of the reveal, not a fan of it....but for a 1998 film it was pretty out there.

Blackangel said:
i thought you wouldn't be participating in the group watch.
what made you change your mind?

We took out some trash and I then felt like posting again.

Yeah Rumi was with Mima the entire time so she'd know all about her.

As for the visions and dreams I guess part of it was due to her fearing that a stalker was appearing, all the murders happening, the stress due to the job and you know, what she was actually asked to do that was kinda disturbing. I still think everything is sorta ambiguous and we don't exactly know what's real and what's not.
Did you watch the sub or dub?

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah Rumi was with Mima the entire time so she'd know all about her.

As for the visions and dreams I guess part of it was due to her fearing that a stalker was appearing, all the murders happening, the stress due to the job and you know, what she was actually asked to do that was kinda disturbing. I still think everything is sorta ambiguous and we don't exactly know what's real and what's not.

Did you watch the sub or dub?

"Like many other works by director Satoshi Kon, Perfect Blue creates intentional ambiguity in its themes and characters. One such instance is the final line, "I'm the real thing", which Mima speaks into her car's rear-view mirror, looking toward the viewer in a seeming fourth wall break. In the original Japanese language version of the film, this line was spoken by the character of Mima but from the voice actress Rica Matsumoto, who voiced Rumi. This was left out of the English dub, where the line was spoken by Ruby Marlowe."

MadaraUchiha said:
"Like many other works by director Satoshi Kon, Perfect Blue creates intentional ambiguity in its themes and characters. One such instance is the final line, "I'm the real thing", which Mima speaks into her car's rear-view mirror, looking toward the viewer in a seeming fourth wall break. In the original Japanese language version of the film, this line was spoken by the character of Mima but from the voice actress Rica Matsumoto, who voiced Rumi. This was left out of the English dub, where the line was spoken by Ruby Marlowe."

Back