Ongoing popularity for anime

Blackangel said:
some shows don't get enough popularity only because they get released later.
that's the reason why sword art online is very popular and log horizon is not

no right time would have saved log horizon, since LH went the way of talking drama anime.

Demon_skeith said:
no right time would have saved log horizon, since LH went the way of talking drama anime.
but it's still good.
if it got released before sao it might have been more popular

Demon_skeith said:

That difference might actually have been why I liked LH *more*. Never doubt there being a right audience for everything.

Blackangel said:
but it's still good.
if it got released before sao it might have been more popular

Not exactly.
I don't think season 2 received the popularity like season 1, for log horizon.

HannahCN said:
That difference might actually have been why I liked LH *more*. Never doubt there being a right audience for everything.
Are you talking about season 2? I personally thought season 1 was absolutely amazing, and I thought the concept they took in season 2 was good, that is the RPG system itself breaking down as a whole, but the focus on the two young characters, the hundreds of supporting characters coming and going and the lack of a central narrative along with overly expository dialogues just left a sour taste.

Blackangel said:
you are really good at waiting.
i never had any patience in me to wait that much time.
life is too short

I don't know why some people freak out over long wait times, like you literally have no option but to wait. Everyone acts like you are going to be staring at a wall until the next season comes out, there is millions of things you can watch or do in the mean time its not the end of the world and one year isn't even that long before you know it its already airing again.

Risk said:
I don't know why some people freak out over long wait times, like you literally have no option but to wait. Everyone acts like you are going to be staring at a wall until the next season comes out, there is millions of things you can watch or do in the mean time its not the end of the world and one year isn't even that long before you know it its already airing again.
you must not have like any anime or manga so deep.
you want to know what happens and you even go through the lengths of looking at raws or try to look for spoilers somehow

I've had this with loads of anime and lots of completed TV shows. I never understood how some people get so obsessed over one series and browse the wiki watching fan theories for months leading up to the next season, just find other stuff to watch in the mean time. There are TV shows that have ended and I will never know what happens. Take the TV show The Sopranos for example it is ranked in the top 10 of all time on imdb and the ending is a cliff hanger that never ever got explained even to this day and this is nothing I can ever do to find out what happened and what do you know the next day I just watched something else and moved on. Even with attack on titan I wanted to know more and read the manga I still have to wait for more chapters to come out it dosen't matter how much digging you do to find out what happens next there will always be something after that that you still cant access so just spend you time doing something better while you wait.

Risk said:
I've had this with loads of anime and lots of completed TV shows. I never understood how some people get so obsessed over one series and browse the wiki watching fan theories for months leading up to the next season, just find other stuff to watch in the mean time. There are TV shows that have ended and I will never know what happens. Take the TV show The Sopranos for example it is ranked in the top 10 of all time on imdb and the ending is a cliff hanger that never ever got explained even to this day and this is nothing I can ever do to find out what happened and what do you know the next day I just watched something else and moved on. Even with attack on titan I wanted to know more and read the manga I still have to wait for more chapters to come out it dosen't matter how much digging you do to find out what happens next there will always be something after that that you still cant access so just spend you time doing something better while you wait.
this makes so much sense but people like us can't help it.
we want to know what happens immediately and we would go great lengths for it. obsession is the right word for it as we just can't help it

It kind of varies from show to show. There are some that were really popular while they were airing, then quickly fizzled out of public conscious. Then on the opposite spectrum, you have the sleeper hits that were either initially dismissed, or completely overlooked, but enough word of mouth and memes caused people to look into it after it was already over.

Sometimes it's hard to predict what will or won't have lasting popularity, especially in a contemporary context. You'd be surprised at how many things were ridiculously popular when they were relevant, then quickly disappeared.

Grungie said:
It kind of varies from show to show. There are some that were really popular while they were airing, then quickly fizzled out of public conscious. Then on the opposite spectrum, you have the sleeper hits that were either initially dismissed, or completely overlooked, but enough word of mouth and memes caused people to look into it after it was already over.

Sometimes it's hard to predict what will or won't have lasting popularity, especially in a contemporary context. You'd be surprised at how many things were ridiculously popular when they were relevant, then quickly disappeared.
Welcome back
It's good to see you back here again. Have you been watching anime all these years?

In regards to the original question, I think it is mainly how various animes' are advertised. The various companies try to get their money worth, by advertising it heavily while new episodes are airing. If they got the revenue target before the end of the show, they don't need to continue to advertise the reruns of it.

Kaname said:
Do you think most of the popularity for an anime is obtained when it's still airing?
I don't see any increase in popularity after it got aired completely
Some of the Animes really should get much more popularity than it gets after aired. It totally depends upon the publicity, how well the advertisement has been done on mainstream channels.

Back