Ongoing popularity for anime

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
Do you think most of the popularity for an anime is obtained when it's still airing?
I don't see any increase in popularity after it got aired completely

i think so too.
if it's airing, it gets attention and after that no one searches for really old anime

Nowadays yes because of easy and fast worldwide streaming. In the olden days shows could have taken months or years before people outside japan saw them and gotten popular there. 
And because of so many seasonal shows if you don't get popular while you're airing you get ignored and buried under the 50 other shows coming out in your season and way more afterwards.

[quote="BurnsyCEO" pid='141937' dateline='1560223589']
Nowadays yes because of easy and fast worldwide streaming. In the olden days shows could have taken months or years before people outside japan saw them and gotten popular there. 
And because of so many seasonal shows if you don't get popular while you're airing you get ignored and buried under the 50 other shows coming out in your season and way more afterwards.
[/quote]

I think so too man.
But a little bad popularity and a good show can lose the spotlight easily

Lucifer said:
I don't think I can agree with that man.
If someone kept dissing an anime, I wouldn't pick it up.

It has to be controversial not just bad. Like that goblin slayer's first episode with the rape scene. It made a lot of news in the community and people were both arguing for it and against it and a lot of people ended up watching it because it was so talked about.

BurnsyCEO said:
It has to be controversial not just bad. Like that goblin slayer's first episode with the rape scene. It made a lot of news in the community and people were both arguing for it and against it and a lot of people ended up watching it because it was so talked about.
it got better later.
but not many anime will have that. that would go spiraling downward always

BurnsyCEO said:

I got your point man.
You are right and it might her better later. Goblin Slayer is sitting in my watchlist too

Poseidon said:
Of course, when it stop airing then people will look for new airing anime. Except for people like me haha..

don't you want to watch an incredibly popular anime?
haven't you been watching attack on titan or boku no hero academia?

Blackangel said:
don't you want to watch an incredibly popular anime?
haven't you been watching attack on titan or boku no hero academia?

I've watch Attack on Titan but i decide to stop because waiting for new episode is hurt haha.. i'll continue to watch it when the series end and binge watch it

Poseidon said:
I've watch Attack on Titan but i decide to stop because waiting for new episode is hurt haha.. i'll continue to watch it when the series end and binge watch it
it's not going to end soon .
you will be waiting for a very long time. may be even years

Poseidon said:
Just like i did with Naruto, i'm okay with waiting
[align=right]​
[/align]
you are really good at waiting.
i never had any patience in me to wait that much time.
life is too short

Blackangel said:
you are really good at waiting.
i never had any patience in me to wait that much time.
life is too short

Well that's true haha.. but it hurts me to wait new episode, and i lost the excitement while waiting

Poseidon said:
Well that's true haha.. but it hurts me to wait new episode, and i lost the excitement while waiting
i agree too but i can't put it on hold.
i would looking for raws or manga during the wait, to get a glimpse of what's going to happen

Blackangel said:
i agree too but i can't put it on hold.
i would looking for raws or manga during the wait, to get a glimpse of what's going to happen

Umm.. isn't that kinda kill the curiosity?

I do think that if a show is truly good, it can easily gain a lot of popularity even after it'd done airing through reviews and comparisons of similar newer shows. Lord knows I've picked up many an older show simply because I'd heard it being mentioned on YT channels and such years after it finished airing.

HannahCN said:
I do think that if a show is truly good, it can easily gain a lot of popularity even after it'd done airing through reviews and comparisons of similar newer shows. Lord knows I've picked up many an older show simply because I'd heard it being mentioned on YT channels and such years after it finished airing.
some shows don't get enough popularity only because they get released later.
that's the reason why sword art online is very popular and log horizon is not

Back