November group watch Movie discussion: Children who chase lost voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
I watched this movie 2 years ago and it became my favorite movie at the time. It's the story of our main character, a girl named asuna who is first rescued from a creature by a mysterious boy who claims to be from agartha....a land hidden below the surface of the earth.A land that's losely based on some buddhist??? mythology and where god and the gate of life and death resides. The movie follows the main character and another person going after this gate to revive a person they've lost. They start off as enemies but then they travel together as allies.

Now when I watched it a second time for this I didn't really see what I liked about the movie so much at all. It's definitely a movie you have to not think about too much to enjoy. There is no deeper meaning and the dialogue is just average and bland at times. The main characters didn't have much of a chemistry but were likable.
But still I the animation is rather good and I enjoyed the sense of discovering this weird and amazing new world and descending into danger and that feeling is a lot like the anime made in abyss which is probably why I liked it. It's still definitely a good watch though not one of Shinkai's highlight movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back