New games you're looking forward to playing in 2021?

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
Here's a comprehensive list for everybody across all platforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in_video_games

In no particular order, mine would be.
1) Resident Evil 8
2) Far cry 6
3) Subnautica: Below zero (Already own this and played the early access version a bit)
4) Mass effect Legendary edition (Don't know if they fuck this up with EA's dirty hands but if they did I'm not touching it.)
5) Hogwarts Legacy

Stuff I am undecided on
1) Nier Replicant (If the combat is better than Automata and the PC port isn't a piece of shit like Automata)
2) Tokyo Ghostwire 

Surprisingly not that many games that I'm excited for. I'm ok with a slow year though, I might end up revisiting some older titles if I have the time.

Definitely God of War 2, Horizon 2 and the new Ratchet and Clank. RE 8 depending on the demo(there's a showcase an hour later).
Apart from that I'm interested in Hitman 3 so I may rent it. Hogwarts Legacy is delayed to 2022 by the way.

Edit: I borrowed my friend's PS4 and I bought a bunch of games (all of them were like 300-400) such as Yakuza 0, Metal Gear Solid 5, Titanfall 2, Doom 2016, and a bunch of others so I'm gonna finish them too.

MadaraUchiha said:
Definitely God of War 2, Horizon 2 and the new Ratchet and Clank. RE 8 depending on the demo(there's a showcase an hour later).
Apart from that I'm interested in Hitman 3 so I may rent it. Hogwarts Legacy is delayed to 2022 by the way.

Edit: I borrowed my friend's PS4 and I bought a bunch of games (all of them were like 300-400) such as Yakuza 0, Metal Gear Solid 5, Titanfall 2, Doom 2016, and a bunch of others so I'm gonna finish them too.

Personally I'm excited for SMTV, assuming there's no delays.
That sucks to hear the Hogwarts game got delayed, I'm really interested to see what that will be like even if I'm not really a HP fan.

[quote="Burnsy" pid='237649' dateline='1611263643']

Shit I wanted to play that hogwarts game. Also that yakuza game is probably like a 100 hours long if JRPGs have taught me anything. Is MGS5 a game you can enter the series through? I didn't think so. I heard there was a remake coming of MGS 1 so I decided I can wait for that instead of risking it.
Why's doom taking so long? I beat it so fast as it wasn't very long and crazy fun.
[/quote]

Oh yeah probably. I just wanna try some JRPGs that I may actually like and Y0 looks like a lot of fun.

As for MGS5 it apparently doesn't contribute to the overall MGS storyline all that much in the grand scheme of things and is incomplete as well, because of the whole Konami vs Kojima thing. The gameplay looks incredible though. As for MGS1 I heard Bluepoint was gonna remake it but since it's licensed hopefully it comes to PC.

Doom is the first thing I'm gonna finish when I get the system. Did you watch the RE8 showcase?

MadaraUchiha said:
Oh yeah probably. I just wanna try some JRPGs that I may actually like and Y0 looks like a lot of fun.

As for MGS5 it apparently doesn't contribute to the overall MGS storyline all that much in the grand scheme of things and is incomplete as well, because of the whole Konami vs Kojima thing. The gameplay looks incredible though. As for MGS1 I heard Bluepoint was gonna remake it but since it's licensed hopefully it comes to PC.

Doom is the first thing I'm gonna finish when I get the system. Did you watch the RE8 showcase?

I watched RE8,the gameplay part. Wasn't anything special.

Burnsy said:
I watched RE8,the gameplay part. Wasn't anything special.

I just wanna know since you played RE7. I played it till you get captured by the old guy and his family and you escape into a basement, after fighting your wife. Does the game evolve in terms of gameplay or is it just more atmospheric?

MadaraUchiha said:
I just wanna know since you played RE7. I played it till you get captured by the old guy and his family and you escape into a basement, after fighting your wife. Does the game evolve in terms of gameplay or is it just more atmospheric?

Then comes the gameplay part. Till that point it's mostly all cutscenes. There's some shooting enemies, but mostly exploring the house, trying to find a way out, solving the puzzles. Just a good survival horror experience.

Back