Netflix Death Note Adaptation

Kaynil

I apologise if this is not the most appropriate zone. I figured it would fit better here than just general.
I am sure some of you have heard about it, there was a Netflix take on death note, a live action adaptation.
It took some liberties that didn't sit well with many of the fans of the anime and manga versions.

This is the trailer:
[video=youtube]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have any of you watched this movie?
What did you think of it?

The main problem seems to be everything concerning with Light. He screams like b***h the first time he sees Ryuk, unlike in the anime, where he sort of freaks out, but gets it together immediately.
They show him as being smart by making him do the homeworks of other people, instead of other more interesting things. And, he does many, many stupid, dumb things throughout the movie.

His entire motivation becomes Mia. He's attracted to her and wants to impress her. That's it.

The movie tries to brush through too much material in too little time.

Also, L's character falls apart in the third act.

The movie sucked. The only saving grace was Willam Dafoe as Ryuk, and it wasn't enough. They didn't have enough scenes with Ryuk. Another dumb movie.

live actions most of the time, don't do justice for anime. the real people such at something. so, i am not going to watch any live action

I really wish this would have gotten a proper filming for the big screen, Death Note is one of the few series that would work as live action.

i never noticed this. i saw some other live action episode concerning death note but not this. i will see it now. thanks i am a huge fan of death note.

yaoifangirl said:
i never noticed this. i saw some other live action episode concerning death note but not this. i will see it now. thanks i am a huge fan of death note.

Do you mean the three live action movies that was filmed by Japanese companies?

Demon_skeith said:
Do you mean the three live action movies that was filmed by Japanese companies?

yes and i don't know how i missed this reply. i don't remember getting an alert for it. i am talking about the movies made by japanese

Back