Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Anime Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
9/10
9533l.jpg

wow madara
you giving a 9 is very rare and you compared it to the epic fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. that's so cool.

Blackangel said:
wow madara
you giving a 9 is very rare and you compared it to the epic fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. that's so cool.

I would say it's the other way around since FMA manga came out 20 years after Nausicaa. Worded it incorrectly.

MadaraUchiha said:
I would say it's the other way around since FMA manga came out 20 years after Nausicaa. Worded it incorrectly.

oh god
really? and here i thought nothing could be compared to the legendary fullmetal alchemist manga.

Blackangel said:
oh god
really? and here i thought nothing could be compared to the legendary fullmetal alchemist manga.

No I meant chronologically you have to compare the newer stuff to the older stuff, it's not that I think one is better than the other.

I don't think I have heard of this anime movie before.
I will be adding it to my watchlist and your review is great. I was sure you will give individual rating for art, music and such but this is refreshing as well :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
I don't think I have heard of this anime movie before.
I will be adding it to my watchlist and your review is great. I was sure you will give individual rating for art, music and such but this is refreshing as well :D

I never give individual rating for art, music, etc. though. But be sure to check it out!

MadaraUchiha said:
I never give individual rating for art, music, etc. though. But be sure to check it out!

I see.
I must have mistaken some of the reviews I have seen before as yours then :D

MadaraUchiha said:
No I meant chronologically you have to compare the newer stuff to the older stuff, it's not that I think one is better than the other.

then what do you like?
do you prefer to watch fullmetal alchemist brotherhood or the nauiscaa of the valley of the wind?

Blackangel said:
then what do you like?
do you prefer to watch fullmetal alchemist brotherhood or the nauiscaa of the valley of the wind?

Not sure. I've only watched Nausicaa once, that too recently. FMAB I've watched twice and it's a 64 episode series, whereas Nausicaa is a film.

MadaraUchiha said:
Not sure. I've only watched Nausicaa once, that too recently. FMAB I've watched twice and it's a 64 episode series, whereas Nausicaa is a film.

i understand it
and a series got more story and can attract a lot more attention when it comes to a short film.

Blackangel said:
i understand it
and a series got more story and can attract a lot more attention when it comes to a short film.

It's not a short film, it's 2 hours long which is more than the length of most animated films. I'd say I always prefer film to any TV series.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's not a short film, it's 2 hours long which is more than the length of most animated films. I'd say I always prefer film to any TV series.

cool me too these days
it could end quickly and i don't have to forget all about it later and usually that's how i drop so many series.

I think, besides the story, the biggest plus for this movie was the animation and the pretty post apocalyptic color. I just loved watching it.

Back