Manga vs Incomplete Anime Stuff

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
This is a thread useful for people who want to pick up the manga of an anime that has gotten over before fully adapting it. I've mostly ignored anime that are either on-going, or those that have completely adapted their source material Manga. That eliminates anime like Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Kuroko no Basuke.
I may include anime that have confirmed/potential future seasons, like Haikyuu!! or Fairy Tail.
Episode count is distributed in brackets if the anime is divided into seasons.
Chapter count is not specified if the manga is still on-going.

NOTE: [size=large]<=>[/size] means the corresponding chapter in the manga the final episode of the anime adapted. It is recommended to read from that chapter, or one chapter before or after the specificed chapter, unless it's recommended to do something else, like in the case of SOUL EATER.

Akatsuki no Yona:
Episode 24<=>Chapter 47
Episode Count: 24
Chapter Count: ?? On-going.

Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin):
Episode 37(Season 2 Episode 12)<=>Chapter 50
Episode Count: 37(25+12)
Chapter Count: ?? On-going
Note: Attack on Titan is a monthly manga.

Beelzebub:
Episode 51/52<=>Chapter 115
Episode Count: 60
Chapter Count: 250
Fillers: 11-15, 17, 27-28, 34, 39, 49, 52-57.

Bleach:
Episode 366<=>Chapter 479
Episode Count: 366
Chapter Count: 705
Fillers: 33, 50, 64-109, 128-137, 147-149, 168-190, 204-205, 213-214, 228-266, 287, 298-299, 303-305, 311-342, 355.

Boku no Hero Academia(My Hero Academia):
Episode 38(Season 2 Episode 25)<=>Chapter 69
Episode Count: 38(13+25)
Season 3 confirmed for 2018.

Fairy Tail:
Episode 277(released as of now)<=>Chapter 419
Episode Count:
Fairy Tail: 175
Fairy Tail(2014): 176-277(1-102)
Fairy Tail Zero: 266-275<=>Chapter 1-13 of Fairy Tail Zero Manga
Chapter Count: 545
Fillers: 9, 19-20, 49-50, 69-75, 125-150, 202-226, 246, 256, 268
Future Anime Season Confirmed: Fairy Tail(2018)<=>Will Cover Chapters 420 to 545.

Haikyuu!!:
Episode 60(Season 3 Episode 10)<=>Chapter 189/190
Episode Count: 60(25+25+10)
Possible Season 4 in the future.

Hunter x Hunter(2011):
Episode 148<=>Chapter 339
Episode Count: 148
Chapter Count: 370, Currently on Hiatus
Fillers: 13, 26.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
Episode 203<=>Chapter 282
Episode Count: 203
Chapter Count: 411
Fillers: 56, 97, 119, 142-153, 178-189.

Nanatsu no Taizai(The Seven Deadly Sins):
Episode 48(Season 2 Episode 24)<=>Chapter 197
Episode Count: 48(24+24)
Nanatsu no Taizai Movie announced for August 2018.

Shokugeki no Souma(Food Wars!):
Episode 61<=>Chapter 214
Episode Count: 61(24+13+24)
Season 4 yet to be announced.
Note: Season 2 OVA Episode 2 covers Chapter 118.

Soul Eater:
Episode 38<=>Chapter 37/38/39
Episode Count: 51
Chapter Count: 113
Recommended to read from Chapter 31
Fillers: 17, 39-51
Note: Soul Eater was a monthly manga.

PS: Suggest if you want to add another item.

Whoa...good job ma-chan ^^
Would you mind adding information about tokyo ghoul too?

Claraviolet said:
Whoa...good job ma-chan ^^
Would you mind adding information about tokyo ghoul too?

Yeah, cool. Did you finish both the seasons?

By the way, I searched a bit. Season 1 adapted 66 chapters, but ignored a lot of stuff.
Season 2(Root A), apparently butchered the manga, and was mostly original content. So, can't really give an answer. You have any other anime?

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah, cool. Did you finish both the seasons?

By the way, I searched a bit. Season 1 adapted 66 chapters, but ignored a lot of stuff.
Season 2(Root A), apparently butchered the manga, and was mostly original content. So, can't really give an answer. You have any other anime?

Yup. I did. It's an okay anime. Looks like I will have to start from the beginning.
Well, I would like to read kuroko no basuke

Claraviolet said:
Yup. I did. It's an okay anime. Looks like I will have to start from the beginning.
Well, I would like to read kuroko no basuke

But, Kuroko no Basuke is a very faithful adaptation of the manga, from what I searched.
It's better for you to read Tokyo Ghoul. It's just 144 chapters. Though, it does have a sequel, called Tokyo Ghoul: Re, which began in 2014, and is still on-going.

I watched season 1, and it was fine, I guess. Not a huge fan. However, I didn't like season 2, at all. I put it on-hold at episode 7, and didn't continue it ever since.

MadaraUchiha said:
But, Kuroko no Basuke is a very faithful adaptation of the manga, from what I searched.
It's better for you to read Tokyo Ghoul. It's just 144 chapters. Though, it does have a sequel, called Tokyo Ghoul: Re, which began in 2014, and is still on-going.

I watched season 1, and it was fine, I guess. Not a huge fan. However, I didn't like season 2, at all. I put it on-hold at episode 7, and didn't continue it ever since.

Oh...I see. I liked the story but not the blood ._.
I really wouldn't want to watch it again. My stupid sis got me the uncensored version.

Claraviolet said:
Oh...I see. I liked the story but not the blood ._.
I really wouldn't want to watch it again. My stupid sis got me the uncensored version.

I hope you are talking about Tokyo Ghoul and not Kuroko no Basuke.
Oh. The manga apparently had more gore than the censored version, so, the uncensored version is probably more faithful to the manga's tone.

Wow, nice work, with fillers and everything! Of course, there are hundreds of those, even among the most popular ones. Like, you can add Higurashi, Attack on Titan, etc. If you plan to use this post to store the info about incomplete series you come across - that would be great.

MadaraUchiha said:
I hope you are talking about Tokyo Ghoul and not Kuroko no Basuke.
Oh. The manga apparently had more gore than the censored version, so, the uncensored version is probably more faithful to the manga's tone.
I am talking about Tokyo ghoul kiddo. Really? Oh man....I really don't wanna read it then

Claraviolet said:
I am talking about Tokyo ghoul kiddo. Really? Oh man....I really don't wanna read it then

I've created an thread which talks about the announcement of the adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul: Re, the sequel to Tokyo Ghoul. We don't know which studio might be adapting it. If it turns out to be good and faithful, you can read the original manga then.

Sindar said:
Wow, nice work, with fillers and everything! Of course, there are hundreds of those, even among the most popular ones. Like, you can add Higurashi, Attack on Titan, etc. If you plan to use this post to store the info about incomplete series you come across - that would be great.

I was gonna include AoT, but I forgot. And, I'm pretty sure Higurashi has been adapted completely. There are two main segments: Question Arc, which is covered by season 1, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Answer arc, which is covered by season 2, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

Updated List Includes:
Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Shokugeki no Souma
Soul Eater

MadaraUchiha said:
I've created an thread which talks about the announcement of the adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul: Re, the sequel to Tokyo Ghoul. We don't know which studio might be adapting it. If it turns out to be good and faithful, you can read the original manga then.

I was gonna include AoT, but I forgot. And, I'm pretty sure Higurashi has been adapted completely. There are two main segments: Question Arc, which is covered by season 1, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Answer arc, which is covered by season 2, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

MadaraUchiha said:
Updated List Includes:
Soul Eater:
Episode 38<=>Chapter 37/38/39
Episode Count: 51
Chapter Count: 113
Recommended to read from Chapter 33

There are 113 chapters, and I have to start with chapter 33?... Feels like I haven't seen most of the story o_O For some reason I assumed the difference between the anime and manga was in the ending only, guess I was wrong.

No, you are talking about sub-arcs. See, the Question arc and the Answer arc have 4 sub-arcs each, 8 in total, and some character goes insane in each of these. And, there's an over-arching plot.
Oh, you mean Umineko no Naku Koro ni, which is like Higurashi's cousin of sorts, right?

Well, it's the same thing that happened with the 2003 FMA series. Soul Eater was monthly, it began in 2003. The anime began in 2008. I guess when the anime started adapting one chapter every week, the manga was probably not ahead by a lot, so, they picked an arc as a final one in the anime, and then they made their own ending. Common things between Soul Eater and FMA: Same studio, Bones, and both of them are monthly.
By the way, the anime does adapt chapters 33-38, but not very faithfully. So, if you continue from like 38 or 39, manga readers say you won't understand it. That's why I suggested it as the recommended chapter to pick up.

MadaraUchiha said:
No, you are talking about sub-arcs. See, the Question arc and the Answer arc have 4 sub-arcs each, 8 in total, and some character goes insane in each of these. And, there's an over-arching plot.
Oh, you mean Umineko no Naku Koro ni, which is like Higurashi's cousin of sorts, right?

Well, it's the same thing that happened with the 2003 FMA series. Soul Eater was monthly, it began in 2003. The anime began in 2008. I guess when the anime started adapting one chapter every week, the manga was probably not ahead by a lot, so, they picked an arc as a final one in the anime, and then they made their own ending. Common things between Soul Eater and FMA: Same studio, Bones, and both of them are monthly.
By the way, the anime does adapt chapters 33-38, but not very faithfully. So, if you continue from like 38 or 39, manga readers say you won't understand it. That's why I suggested it as the recommended chapter to pick up.

Ignore the fact that two seasons exist. 8 arcs in total. Each cover various stories, yes, but their interconnectivity increases as each arc gets over or to be more specific
each time the timeline gets reset.

MadaraUchiha said:
Ignore the fact that two seasons exist. 8 arcs in total. Each cover various stories, yes, but their interconnectivity increases as each arc gets over or to be more specific
each time the timeline gets reset.

Yes, they do, actually.

I see. Well, I may as well start reading a light novel. I'm currently reading the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel, or to be more precise, the Fate route alone, since people say the 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime adapted this route and it didn't really do it well. But, I'm gonna watch the anime adaptations of Unlimited Blade Works route, and the future movie trilogy that adapts the Heaven's Feel route.

Yes. It is. A lot of series I didn't know were monthly were. Soul Eater was one. Parasyte. Erased.
Not saying that the ending was bad or good, since I didn't really watch it, but, since the manga was still popular, they adapted the manga more faithfully again. FMAB is not perfect. It adapts about 20-25 chapters in 9-10 episodes. And, not standard weekly chapters, 40-45 page monthly chapters. Though, I understand why they did that. FMA was still popular and they didn't want to repeat things again and extend it to 15-20 episodes. I always the first 10 episodes felt kinda rushed, but knowing all these made sense to me in retrospect.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes, they do, actually.

I see. Well, I may as well start reading a light novel. I'm currently reading the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel, or to be more precise, the Fate route alone, since people say the 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime adapted this route and it didn't really do it well. But, I'm gonna watch the anime adaptations of Unlimited Blade Works route, and the future movie trilogy that adapts the Heaven's Feel route.

Yes. It is. A lot of series I didn't know were monthly were. Soul Eater was one. Parasyte. Erased.
Not saying that the ending was bad or good, since I didn't really watch it, but, since the manga was still popular, they adapted the manga more faithfully again. FMAB is not perfect. It adapts about 20-25 chapters in 9-10 episodes. And, not standard weekly chapters, 40-45 page monthly chapters. Though, I understand why they did that. FMA was still popular and they didn't want to repeat things again and extend it to 15-20 episodes. I always the first 10 episodes felt kinda rushed, but knowing all these made sense to me in retrospect.

I'm only at the beginning part, actually. The story hasn't diverged, yet.

Still, it's 64 episodes of pure greatness.

I think it would be a good idea, to make this a sticky thread madara.
What do you think?
People would want to know about manga information for popular anime

Star_Of_Hope said:
I think it would be a good idea, to make this a sticky thread madara.
What do you think?
People would want to know about manga information for popular anime

This thread is already under 'important threads', right? And, when I scroll down, 'stick thread' is checked. I'm not sure, can you do the needful?

Back