Kurayami Santa

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Interesting. Who is the great author aaccording to you Sindar?

You mean which writers I think are great? That is a hard question =) Most of the books I've read I read in my childhood, and I am not able to judge them. I can pick great books out of what I have been reading recently, and I can just list the authors of those books as "great" because they made such well written novels. For example I can praise Margaret Mitchell for her "Gone with the Wind", John Steinbeck for his "The Grapes of Wrath", Harper Lee for her "To Kill a Mockingbird". That is if we talk about serious literature =) I would also praise Rowling for Harry Potter series and Tolkien for all his Middle Earth books.

But that is kinda a weird way of judging writers, isn't it? =) Going from only one good book (or a series of books) and ignoring the rest of their legacy. There are very few writes I have read enough to be sure how I feel about them. For example I think Agatha Christie is a great crime novel writer and a good writer in general. Terry Pratchett is a talented comedy and satire writer.

You see why I said it is a hard question. right? =) I can't just give you a list, I don't have one.

I see.
But a single book is enough to make a lasting felling in our heart :D
So, reading one such book is enough :D

Are you into "Happily ever after" stories? :D

Yeah, one book is enough to be able to feel good about a writer =) But I don't think it's enough to give proper judgement for writer's talent =)

I don't have preference for book endings. I'm fine with sad ends and happy ends. What about you, which do you like better? =)

Sindar said:
Yeah, one book is enough to be able to feel good about a writer =) But I don't think it's enough to give proper judgement for writer's talent =)

I don't have preference for book endings. I'm fine with sad ends and happy ends. What about you, which do you like better? =)
I like happy endings. As writing is an art, at least I would want it to present something positive :D
Do you think that's weird?

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

I like happy endings. As writing is an art, at least I would want it to present something positive :D
Do you think that's weird?

Nope, I don't think it's weird =) Would you tell me who are your favorite writers?

damn that youtube x(
why does it block vids in certain regions anyway?

Sebastian said:

damn that youtube x(
why does it block vids in certain regions anyway?

Legal issues, probably. Copyright laws work differently in different countries. For example Germany has stricter rules than US and so a lot of videos with copyright music that you can ply in the US will be muted for German users.

Sindar said:
Legal issues, probably. Copyright laws work differently in different countries. For example Germany has stricter rules than US and so a lot of videos with copyright music that you can ply in the US will be muted for German users.

shit. that sucks big time.
i want to watch shit now and then x(
what do you do to watch them bro?

Sebastian said:
Sindar said:

shit. that sucks big time.
i want to watch shit now and then x(
what do you do to watch them bro?

but i don't know any other links and i can't find them.
when i type old man and the sea, it is taking me to fairy tales. x(

Back