I watched Weathering With You

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
So Weathering With You(Tenki no Ko) is the first anime movie I've ever watched in a theatre and I've wanted to do that for a long time. The plot is about a boy who runs away to Tokyo and becomes friends with a girl who can control the weather.

Structurally, the movie is very similar to Your Name. The movie has likeable characters, is pretty funny and a plot that has fantasy and romance elements. The animation is also very very good, and something worth watching on a big screen. It was very cinematic. There's an awesome Easter Egg as well. I probably liked it a bit more than Your Name, because I wasn't a fan of the climax of that movie and I preferred the way it was done in this movie(albeit in a similar way). 

The insert songs used in the movie were very good(and in my opinion better than Your Name's songs). The leads were probably not as good and didn't have as good of a chemistry but this had a better supporting cast. The voice acting was alright but sometimes it's noticeable that it's not the characters themselves speaking. The score is very good though, especially when the animation cranks it up a notch. The best part of the movie is the comedy and the brilliant visuals, which are plenty.

Overall, this is a fun movie in the same vein as Your Name with elements of fantasy, romance, comedy and a little bit of action and if you liked that one, you'll like this for sure. 

Trailer:
[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6iK6DjV_iE[/video]

you are very fast
i didn't expect you to watch this so fas. it hasn't even been 2 days before you watched the second movie

Blackangel said:
you are very fast
i didn't expect you to watch this so fas. it hasn't even been 2 days before you watched the second movie
Uh this isn't even part of the group watch. In the very first line I talk about watching this movie in the theatre.

BurnsyCEO said:
Oh damn you're lucky I had no idea they showed anime movies anywhere here.

There was this big petition and they decided to screen in a lot of places. A tier two city here in TN is also getting a few screenings.

MadaraUchiha said:
Uh this isn't even part of the group watch. In the very first line I talk about watching this movie in the theatre.
how do you plan to watch this movie in theater?
i remember clara saying she isn't going to watch an anime movie in theater and they never show it there

Blackangel said:
how do you plan to watch this movie in theater?
i remember clara saying she isn't going to watch an anime movie in theater and they never show it there
You could have read at least one line before going off like that. I said I watched it in the theatre, it's playing everywhere in the world right now. I live in the city so sometimes anime movies do run here.

MadaraUchiha said:
You could have read at least one line before going off like that. I said I watched it in the theatre, it's playing everywhere in the world right now. I live in the city so sometimes anime movies do run here.
i did read.
i thought you were just confused. i never thought you could watch anime movies in your country, in theatres

Blackangel said:
i did read.
i thought you were just confused. i never thought you could watch anime movies in your country, in theatres
You know I'm not stupid and I'm not delusional either. I can put into words what I did.

Blackangel said:
i told you that's not what i have heard.
i am sorry
She said she hasn't even heard of the Avengers and she doesn't watch a lot of movies. Plus I'm in a city so I have access to these things.

MadaraUchiha said:
She said she hasn't even heard of the Avengers and she doesn't watch a lot of movies. Plus I'm in a city so I have access to these things.
i will remember this
i didn't know clara is like a frog in the well

Back