How to download anime through torrents

Risk

So a few people have been wondering how to download anime through a torrent so I will make a tutorial on how to do it and what websites you need to visit, etc. I will not being going in to deep detail how how torrents work but if you're interested in that I can post it another time, this will just be a tutorial on how to download a torrent.

First of all you need to download a torrent client, I will list some of the most popular ones with a download link:
http://www.bittorrent.com/
http://www.utorrent.com/
https://deluge-torrent.org/ (not as well known but it is the one I use)

Download and install any of these three programs, it doesn't matter which one you only need one they all do the same thing.

2. All torrent sites have a very similar lay out but I will just show screen shots of nyaa.si. Once you open the site you can search the the series at the top right corner of the page. Now to find the right one to download.

mvntOV8.png

The page will look something similar to this, now what do all these tags and stuff mean?
Purple Anime Sub is English sub titled.
Green Anime Sub is non-English sub titled. It will say the language it is subbed in usually in the title.
Grey is raw with no subs.

Now I searched for "Tsukimonogatari" and the first links that poped up were the full series and I only wanted this one so I'll download the one I highlighted in red.
IOWcetQ.png

In the title in brackets it has who subbed it, the series name and the quality it is in other information down the line is the download button, the date it was uploaded and next to that it has a green number these are called seeders they are people who are hosting the file for you to download, the more of these the faster the download will be, next to it is leeches these are people who are uploading what they have and are also downloading from others (dont worry about these too much) and at the end we have how many people have downloaded it in total.

3. To start the download click the magnet icon and it will ask if it can open your torrent client to start the download.
ecvfwfy.png

vH3XEGA.png

Click open and it will automatically start downloading. Once its done downloading just right click on it and click pause unless you want to seed it for a while.

And that is all there is too it. There are many other anime torrent sites I think they were mentioned in another thread but pretty much everything you need will be at nyaa.si. Now I want to clear up some some misconceptions that you will get a virus from these sites. If you stick the the right sites and download from known uploaders you wont have any problems I've been torrenting for years and I have never had such a problem. If you're still think the file is suspicious you can click on the title and read the comments. If you still don't understand or have any questions feel free to ask.

i thought you will be explaining about verified torrents. this is just normal torrenting. videos would spread with them without verifying them

SecretWish said:
i thought you will be explaining about verified torrents. this is just normal torrenting. videos would spread with them without verifying them

I don't know about nyaasi but other sites mark certain members that are well known in the community, plus people moderate these things they wont let you upload a straight virus to the site. Plus there is no such thing as verified torrents only verified posters. Anyone can create a torrent but it doesn't mean they will let you post it to their site. I think you're worrying too much about how dangerous torrents are because a torrent is just a different method of file transfer. You are more likely to get adware from visiting a streaming site with out ad block then to download a random torrent.

Risk said:
I don't know about nyaasi but other sites mark certain members that are well known in the community, plus people moderate these things they wont let you upload a straight virus to the site. Plus there is no such thing as verified torrents only verified posters. Anyone can create a torrent but it doesn't mean they will let you post it to their site. I think you're worrying too much about how dangerous torrents are because a torrent is just a different method of file transfer. You are more likely to get adware from visiting a streaming site with out ad block then to download a random torrent.

if a known poster uploads virus, then everything would be destroyed. it's scary to think. i always use add blockers

SecretWish said:
if a known poster uploads virus, then everything would be destroyed. it's scary to think. i always use add blockers

They wont upload a virus plus its not even easy to add a virus and what would they even get out of it. These are big groups of people, that sub these and upload them, staff review these torrents and before you download a torrent it tells you exactly what will be in the folder, if there is a non video file like an exe don't download it and even if there is some sort of exe when you download it you will only get a virus if you open it. Plus these sites you stream from download torrents and then upload them to their servers for you to stream. You also mentioned you like downloading direct mp4 links from the web browser. When you click that download it download anything how would you know if i downloads a very small fine that auto runs and boom you got a virus. You seem to think torrenting is this secret illegal program that only people with malicious intent use when really you probably access these torrents through a third party streaming site. Torrents are not dangerous.

Risk said:
They wont upload a virus plus its not even easy to add a virus and what would they even get out of it. These are big groups of people, that sub these and upload them, staff review these torrents and before you download a torrent it tells you exactly what will be in the folder, if there is a non video file like an exe don't download it and even if there is some sort of exe when you download it you will only get a virus if you open it. Plus these sites you stream from download torrents and then upload them to their servers for you to stream. You also mentioned you like downloading direct mp4 links from the web browser. When you click that download it download anything how would you know if i downloads a very small fine that auto runs and boom you got a virus. You seem to think torrenting is this secret illegal program that only people with malicious intent use when really you probably access these torrents through a third party streaming site. Torrents are not dangerous.

i did get a virus once and the guy who removed it asked me not to use torrenting websites at all. i stayed away from them after that

SecretWish said:
i did get a virus once and the guy who removed it asked me not to use torrenting websites at all. i stayed away from them after that

It's because you didn't do any research on it before going to some random sites. Torrent sites aren't bad you just went to some dodgy sites. I've downloaded over 1000 torrents over the years and not even once have I had a problem when I stuck to the trusted sites.

I have made this is a sticky thread. Thank you for the tutorial, Risk. If you have any tips, do please add them, to this thread

PSA time folks,

as a heads up most ISP frown on any type of torrenting and really can get you in trouble should you help seeding a file. I highly recommend tying a VPN to your torrent that will keep your actions invisible to your ISP. It may cost you roughly 40-60 dollars per year to use but better than receiving a warning letter and or hefty fine in the mail.

Demon_skeith said:
PSA time folks,

as a heads up most ISP frown on any type of torrenting and really can get you in trouble should you help seeding a file. I highly recommend tying a VPN to your torrent that will keep your actions invisible to your ISP. It may cost you roughly 40-60 dollars per year to use but better than receiving a warning letter and or hefty fine in the mail.

I'm currently using Private Internet Access but I don't think these guys want to pay for one or else I would have added it in the tutorial. Also usually the first time they send you a letter it is just a warning from what I've heard, even before using a VPN I never go one of these letters but I do know some countries are more strict on it than others.

Risk said:
It's because you didn't do any research on it before going to some random sites. Torrent sites aren't bad you just went to some dodgy sites. I've downloaded over 1000 torrents over the years and not even once have I had a problem when I stuck to the trusted sites.

i used extra torrents, kick ass torrents, lime torrents, pirates Bay, and that all appeared at the top when i was searching for torrent sites

SecretWish said:
i used extra torrents, kick ass torrents, lime torrents, pirates Bay, and that all appeared at the top when i was searching for torrent sites

Well I mentioned in another thread that these have been closed down and stuff so maybe when you first found them they were fine, but people usually buy similar domains when a site closes.

Risk said:
Well I mentioned in another thread that these have been closed down and stuff so maybe when you first found them they were fine, but people usually buy similar domains when a site closes.

i thought they were all legitemate and never thought that are fake. did extra torrent got closed too?

[quote="Risk" pid='91984' dateline='1525333007']

I never used it but according to Wikipedia it is offline, so again must be a remake.
[/quote]

wikipedia can be our of date too. do you trust it implicitly?

[quote="Risk" pid='92004' dateline='1525344820']

"As of November 2016, ExtraTorrent became the world's second-largest torrent site, after The Pirate Bay. The website ExtraTorrent.cc was shut down voluntarily by its owners on 17 May 2017."

Source: http://en.yibada.com/articles/172622/20161110/extratorrent-cc-going-offline-soon-like-kickass-torrents-kat-torrentz-eu-top-torrenting-alternative-sets-up-new-domains-as-backup-mirrors.htm
[/quote]

Guess it's bound to happen, when we are talking about torrent websites. People usually have complaints about releasing new media and such.

Risk said:
I'm currently using Private Internet Access but I don't think these guys want to pay for one or else I would have added it in the tutorial. Also usually the first time they send you a letter it is just a warning from what I've heard, even before using a VPN I never go one of these letters but I do know some countries are more strict on it than others.

It's just the risk that goes with torrenting anything, though I don't think downloading anime would be a blip here in the states compared to downloading a copy of the recent avengers movie.

Still, always better to be cautious than losing internet access.

Back