How does anime streaming works?

Blackangel

there are many anime that gets released daily and how do they keep up with all of them?
i don't get from where they get the information and episodes.

I am not so sure but they should be having some automatic stream things.
It is not possible to manually add all those episodes everyday.

I'm going to assume you're not talking about legal sites so basically there are communities that sub them and then put them up as a torrent which then gets indexed on the various torrent sites and I assume from there they are downloaded and then uploaded on a third party video hosting site which is then embedded into the streaming service. I'm sure legal sites have a similar method but much more professional. All of this done manually is quite possible most episodes are subbed with in a few hours so I'm sure adding to the site would be the easiest step of them all. Also note that these sites are not run by a single person.

With Crunchyroll becoming more and more powerful, the series that get licensed by them don't get any fan-subs because they automatically get taken down by Crunchyroll. So their subs are mostly ripped and that's the sub you see in sites that are not legal.

MadaraUchiha said:
With Crunchyroll becoming more and more powerful, the series that get licensed by them don't get any fan-subs because they automatically get taken down by Crunchyroll. So their subs are mostly ripped and that's the sub you see in sites that are not legal.

I wonder how anyone can understand the complete content without the subtitles.
Cruchyroll should be able to provide them. I am not familiar with that site at all.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Cruchyroll should be able to provide them. I am not familiar with that site at all.

That's easy..if you dont speak the language and can't read the signs then you are lost lol

Star_Of_Hope said:

Risk said:
I'm going to assume you're not talking about legal sites so basically there are communities that sub them and then put them up as a torrent which then gets indexed on the various torrent sites and I assume from there they are downloaded and then uploaded on a third party video hosting site which is then embedded into the streaming service. I'm sure legal sites have a similar method but much more professional. All of this done manually is quite possible most episodes are subbed with in a few hours so I'm sure adding to the site would be the easiest step of them all. Also note that these sites are not run by a single person.
you told me that even big sites don't make money much. then how can they be run by many people?

MadaraUchiha said:
i don't know what you are talking about. i see subs everywhere.

Demon_skeith said:
Most likely the same way most TV channels keeps dozens of shows airing everyday.

tv channel is different.

Angel said:
you told me that even big sites don't make money much. then how can they be run by many people?

i don't know what you are talking about. i see subs everywhere.

tv channel is different.

I don't remember saying these sites don't make much money because as far as I know kissanime is raking in thousands a day, it would be a conservative estimate to say they would be close to a million a year or more and I'm sure only a few people would be keeping that money as these sites are mostly community driven and there is probably 50 staff over there and I know as a fact most of them would be working for free. Just like this site no one is getting paid but its not ran by a single person.

Risk said:
I don't remember saying these sites don't make much money because as far as I know kissanime is raking in thousands a day, it would be a conservative estimate to say they would be close to a million a year or more and I'm sure only a few people would be keeping that money as these sites are mostly community driven and there is probably 50 staff over there and I know as a fact most of them would be working for free. Just like this site no one is getting paid but its not ran by a single person.

Also Kissanime is infamous for mining to generate crypto-currency. If you don't close pop-ups and ads immediately there's a good chance your computer will get infected, unless you have a good antivirus, of course.

MadaraUchiha said:
Also Kissanime is infamous for mining to generate crypto-currency. If you don't close pop-ups and ads immediately there's a good chance your computer will get infected, unless you have a good antivirus, of course.

That site is just farming money off the users, you get banned if you use an ad blocker.

Risk said:
this isn't what i expected. i don't think only a few people would keep that much money or do work for free.
this isn't a streaming website

Angel said:
this isn't what i expected. i don't think only a few people would keep that much money or do work for free.
this isn't a streaming website

This is how almost all online communities work. I guarantee you the guy running kiss anime isn't paying every little moderator or helper.

Risk said:
This is how almost all online communities work. I guarantee you the guy running kiss anime isn't paying every little moderator or helper.

i like helping but if i don't get anything in return, i wouldn't continue to help them.
i don't get how people thinks they can get the work done by making others do it for them.

I see. Thank you for explaining it to me, MadaraUchiha. I wish Crunchyroll would allow our country people to access all the anime. Then we don't have to worry about fake streaming websites and we can actually support the people who make anime.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see. Thank you for explaining it to me, MadaraUchiha. I wish Crunchyroll would allow our country people to access all the anime. Then we don't have to worry about fake streaming websites and we can actually support the people who make anime.

You can do that. All you need to do is subscribe to Crunchyroll and use the Crunchyroll Unblocker extension. That way you can access their biggest catalogue(which is for the US).

MadaraUchiha said:
You can do that. All you need to do is subscribe to Crunchyroll and use the Crunchyroll Unblocker extension. That way you can access their biggest catalogue(which is for the US).

Is that legal, MadaraUchiha?
I am trying to do this the legal way and I don't want use yet another unfair extension to do it for me.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Is that legal, MadaraUchiha?
I am trying to do this the legal way and I don't want use yet another unfair extension to do it for me.

It's not illegal. You won't get into any trouble chill. I'm planning to subscribe to Crunchyroll after I start working so I'm gonna do the same.

Back