How do you usually rate anime?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Based on the story and such.
People give more importance to the execution in general. What about you guys?

Claraviolet said:
Why is that?
Isn't it good to rate anime and help others a little.
Like everyone else on the planet I gave 7 to average anime instead of 5 so 8,9 and 10 stopped having any value.

MadaraUchiha said:
Like everyone else on the planet I gave 7 to average anime instead of 5 so 8,9 and 10 stopped having any value.
You could have given death note a 10.
I don't see how it could be any better.

Claraviolet said:
You could have given death note a 10.
I don't see how it could be any better.
I did give it a 10. I can only stop rating something after doing it for a while right... I stopped giving ratings for over 2 years.

MadaraUchiha said:
I did give it a 10. I can only stop rating something after doing it for a while right... I stopped giving ratings for over 2 years.
I see.

That's ...expected I suppose. I got bored of even adding anime to my list.

bored of even adding anime?
i never thought you would say it that way clarie and it's a very big surprise to me

I agree you should try to rate anime (and if you can find the energy, anything you watch) whenever you can to help other people. Personally I use IMDb, which has a bit of a harsher rating system than I think most other sites use.

Basically:
5: Not good, but I enjoyed it enough to not fail it.
6: It was okay. Lots of stuff to nitpick, but I enjoyed it.
7: Good. More stuff to like than to dislike, watch when you find the time.
8: Stuff starts to stand out here. Really good. A few things could have been done better, but really, this is starting to boil down more to taste than anything else.
9: Yeah... I *guess* if I want I can find a few things that *maybe* could have been better? I'll recommend you these ones all day long.
10: Perfect. It's basically what a 9 is with a dose of that certain je-ne-sais-quoi that touches the heart, gives you a life lesson to carry with you, or just... Stuff doesn't need to be flawless to be a 10. It needs to make me stop caring that it wasn't. I've only ever rated one anime a 10, and that was A Place Further Than The Universe - and if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

HannahCN said:
I agree you should try to rate anime (and if you can find the energy, anything you watch) whenever you can to help other people. Personally I use IMDb, which has a bit of a harsher rating system than I think most other sites use.

Basically:
8: Stuff starts to stand out here. Really good. A few things could have been done better, but really, this is starting to boil down more to taste than anything else.
9: Yeah... I *guess* if I want I can find a few things that *maybe* could have been better? I'll recommend you these ones all day long.
10: Perfect. It's basically what a 9 is with a dose of that certain je-ne-sais-quoi that touches the heart, gives you a life lesson to carry with you, or just... Stuff doesn't need to be flawless to be a 10. It needs to make me stop caring that it wasn't. I've only ever rated one anime a 10, and that was A Place Further Than The Universe - and if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.
I see
Usually people I know give a 10 for Death note. I haven't watched that anime a place further than the universe. I do plan to watch it sometime

Well in the end rating system is just instrument to help people having any idea about how good the series is, but don't forget this system is pretty subjective depend on the taste and preference of the reviewer

HannahCN said:

Basically:

It's more helpful to use MyAnimeList IMO since it's a lot more comprehensive for anime than IMDB and more people use it. The most number of votes for any anime in IMDB is Spirited Away and it has like 600k votes whereas with MAL there are many with more than a million. And people here use it too.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's more helpful to use MyAnimeList IMO since it's a lot more comprehensive for anime than IMDB and more people use it. The most number of votes for any anime in IMDB is Spirited Away and it has like 600k votes whereas with MAL there are many with more than a million. And people here use it too.

that's really cool to know
and i think many people use imdb because of less ads that can easily be blocked

[quote="grey_fox" pid='188186' dateline='1584847471']
Well in the end rating system is just instrument to help people having any idea about how good the series is, but don't forget this system is pretty subjective depend on the taste and preference of the reviewer
[/quote]
Yeah
No wonder the popularity itself can be biased, based on the region and such

Claraviolet said:
Yeah
No wonder the popularity itself can be biased, based on the region and such

True. That's why popularitas never been the main attraction for me to choose series to enjoy

Grey_Fox said:
True. That's why popularitas never been the main attraction for me to choose series to enjoy

There is a reason why a series can be very popular kiddo
Like One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Boku no hero academia etc

Claraviolet said:
There is a reason why a series can be very popular kiddo
Like One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Boku no hero academia etc

It's true but i do have peculiar taste that can't be satisfied by them

Back