How do you feel about digatal manga verses hardcopy?

kadenmire

V.I.P. Member
Since all but 1 of the big retailers and most of the small bookstores in the city where I live are gone now getting hardcopy is hard. I still like to read hardcopy and will put money down on it via amazon and ebay for my favs but most of the manga I buy these days comes from Bookwalker a digatal publisher I can take it anywhere and read on my phone or tablet which is handy because I am very nearsited and can zoom in where needed.

Well digital can work out cheaper (finding it online for free) but i always find they're unfinished. Whereas a hardcopy is just more pleasurable to have and having a nice collection must be amazing

hi kadenmire
i haven't seen her before and i prefer digital version. it's much cheaper and i can't afford copies.

I used to read hardcopy until i was teen (well.. no internet for me back then lol) then slowly but surely i'm into the digital ones, the main reason is.. the series i like is certainly will not translated and brought here, they only brought the mainstream series

I prefer hard copy for my favorite stuff, but digital is nice. Most of the free stuff is fan translated, so take that with a grain of salt, but there are official e-books of them on Amazon/iTunes/Google Play if you still want to support the authors.

gemxtria said:
Well digital can work out cheaper (finding it online for free) but i always find they're unfinished. Whereas a hardcopy is just more pleasurable to have and having a nice collection must be amazing

I have a nice collection a lot of the hardcopy I have are out of print. Amazon is good for some digital and so is B&N but Bookwalker has the best slection a lot of stuff you just can't find elswhere. Nice manga has a lot of free stuff but it's fan translation and can be slow to post.

I never read any manga in hard copy. So I really can't tell how that feels, but reading online is much more convenient for sure.

never really had hard copies but I prefer the online ones. It's so much easier to access and as you said it can be read anywhere

I see..here you have to put plans to get data on phones or use wifi.

Downloading isn't my preference either as my storage space is always low lol

Blackrose said:
I see..here you have to put plans to get data on phones or use wifi.

Downloading isn't my preference either as my storage space is always low lol
I too have to put plans for data. But that is really cheap here. It costs around $5 equivalent of local currency for a data of 1.5GB/day for 2 months.

Razor1911 said:
I too have to put plans for data. But that is really cheap here. It costs around $5 equivalent of local currency for a data of 1.5GB/day for 2 months.

well lucky you..here it's like above 100 dollars local currency to get a good 30day plan.
I use wifi though so thank god for that lol

Blackrose said:
well lucky you..here it's like above 100 dollars local currency to get a good 30day plan.
I use wifi though so thank god for that lol
WiFi is free there? You don't have to pay anything for WiFi or what? :full:

Razor1911 said:
WiFi is free there? You don't have to pay anything for WiFi or what? :full:

Yeah you do but I get a better plan for home use ...I'm anyway mostly home so it doesn't matter much lol

Blackrose said:
Yeah you do but I get a better plan for home use ...I'm anyway mostly home so it doesn't matter much lol
You mean you are using broadband , and using a modem to connect to the WiFi right?

Well it's a package of internet and cable for a monthly amount. You can get the internet alone but it's a smarter for the price to get both.
prices start from 200 and up per month

Back