Grave of Fireflies

Silver_Fox

Banned
Another quality anime

Grave of Fireflies is anime movie from 1988. What?? 1988? Yes, 1988 but trust me this one is having high grade quality, and quality is timeless

So what is this movie all about? Drama. Life drama, how the siblings Seita and Setsuka trying to survive last months of world war 2 in Japan. This movie have lot of touching moments, some are heart warming and some are just bitter, this movie is raise anti-war sentiments as they depicted suffering from war very well

The story start from bombing incident where Seita and Setsuka lost their mother, after that.. life is downhill for them they suffered so much, they even have to do illegal activity to survive um.. okay, criminal activity. What i like most is the ralationship between Seita and Setsuko, they are so close and love each other, watching them give me pensive feelings and touched of my very soul hahaha.. yes i was exaggerating but really, it's good

Since the story focused with Seita and Setsuko, there are not many characters on this movie, anyone else is literally side characters. Seita, despite his love to his little sister is actually a brat and some of his actions are questionable, but since he's just a middle schooler it's very make sense. Setsuko, in the other hand is a sweet angel, she's the emotion drive on this movie and the actual star

Be warned that this movie is about suffering from war, so if you expect happy ending then you will not get it

So.. yup, another high quality movie, highly recommended too, don't let the year 1988 discourage you from watching it, it's Ghibli production after all

Blackangel said:
i think some reviewed it before.
be careful of duplicate posts poseidon. this is a great anime.

I've used search engine but no thread has been made about this one

Back