Gnosia

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Has anyone heard of this VN before? It's currently JP only but was announced for a western release on Switch last year, and I think it's meant to be coming out in March so it's not even too far away.
I don't even know a huge amount about it, I think it could be described simply as a single-player Among Us type, but what really has my interest is the artstyle. I'll pretty much be picking it up for that alone.

lXrPVu9.jpg

MMsNBOK.jpg

Ennyilv.jpg

Demon_skeith said:
Looks... very abstract. Maybe in motion it would be better?

Judging from the trailer it just looks like the sprites have different poses. I just love all the colors really lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Burnsy said:
If it's a mystery/detective type VN like Danganronpa I'm getting it in a heartbeat.

It does give me those kinda vibes or like Zero Escape if you've played those. I could never find much information about it before the localization was announced, but since that happened I actually just keep forgetting to do so. It does seem like there's some translation videos on youtube already, but I'm not sure if I want to watch them.

Alright so I've picked this up and put a decent amount of hours into it. It's a pretty enjoyable game but I'm also not sure I'd recommend it to everyone.
I'd definitely describe it as "Danganronpa / Zero Escape with way less cutscenes and social deduction mechanics". The general story goes that your ship is stuck in a timeloop and there's aliens onboard who can disguise themselves as humans, and each loop will have the cast's roles reset - someone who was Gnosia last loop probably won't be this time, and this goes for the other roles too like Engineer, Doctor, etc.

Each day the crew will engage in 5 round debates where they have to argue who they think is Gnosia and should be put into cold sleep. At the beginning it can be really difficult to convince people someone is Gnosia even if you're certain, but once you level up your skills it's pretty easy to get who you want into cold sleep.

Once all the Gnosia have been put into cold sleep, or alternatively they take over the ship, the loop will reset to the beginning. Of course, the end goal is to find out what Gnosia really are and to break out of the timeloop.

There is an overarching story and the characters do have backstories but it's all dripfed to you which is why I have trouble recommending it. 90% of the game is the debates and they can begin to feel repetitive as each character only has a couple of different lines. It's not too bad if you just play an hour or two before bed, but it's not the kind of game you sit down for hours at a time with.

The Steam release of this game just got announced. Will be checking it out probably. I just hope the actual deducting part is good.

apathy said:
Judging from the trailer it just looks like the sprites have different poses. I just love all the colors really lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It does give me those kinda vibes or like Zero Escape if you've played those. I could never find much information about it before the localization was announced, but since that happened I actually just keep forgetting to do so. It does seem like there's some translation videos on youtube already, but I'm not sure if I want to watch them.

now it just looks really creepy.

Burnsy said:
The Steam release of this game just got announced. Will be checking it out probably. I just hope the actual deducting part is good.

Oh dang really? That completely slipped me by, I'll deffo pick it up.

The deducting is kind of something you grow to enjoy the more you play it. It's not like Danganronpa where there's different stages to the debates and what not, and at the beginning of the game you hold little influence so you really are just watching other people argue. As you level up though you gain access to different abilities & overall you just manage to convince people you're right more and more. I only really wish the dialogue was more varied, I tend to only play for about an hour at a time because of this.

apathy said:
Oh dang really? That completely slipped me by, I'll deffo pick it up.

The deducting is kind of something you grow to enjoy the more you play it. It's not like Danganronpa where there's different stages to the debates and what not, and at the beginning of the game you hold little influence so you really are just watching other people argue. As you level up though you gain access to different abilities & overall you just manage to convince people you're right more and more. I only really wish the dialogue was more varied, I tend to only play for about an hour at a time because of this.

So if you know who the gnosia doesn't it kill the mystrey? ANd if the gameplay is just convincing the others how is this a detective game?

Burnsy said:
So if you know who the gnosia doesn't it kill the mystrey? ANd if the gameplay is just convincing the others how is this a detective game?

The crew member that's Gnosia gets reset each loop, as well as the other roles (Doctor, Engineer, etc). It's more "social deduction" than "detective", you're not analyzing clues but instead observing each characters behavior and trying to spot who's acting strangely.

If you're still uncertain about the gameplay you can check out a vid on youtube, unless it's a full playthrough it's more than likely not gonna have spoilers.

Back