Do you think top anime and top manga should be the same?

I've seen some where the changes were better, and some that sucked. So it's not something that someone should be hardlined on one side or the other.

A lot of the comedies are funnier animated. I tried reading some of the manga based on the cute girls doing cute things, and it's nowhere near as entertaining in manga form. It's possible the 4 koma format limited it severely.

o_O I am lost.
Do you mean in a list? If so, not all the manga got anime adaptations. So, nope.

Like for viewer ratings and such? I think they should be similar as the massive hits of one will also spark a hit on the other side, but it is not perfect. Between the two media types changing content or simply making entirely new stories to the fact that not everything is released together or even at all in some cases, it is too much variation for it to be a 1:1 list. Granted, your top 5 will likely just be the hype anime of the season, but after that things are going to derail rapidly, and as anime ages poorly, the good mangas often stay on top.

If you mean should the story be the same then ideally yes. Realistically that will never happen. I have only ever seen 1 movie that was scene for scene verbatim from the book and the books author wrote the screen play, filmed, produced and paid for it all himself. The movie turned out to be a block buster hit too.

What do you mean by the same?
take mal list.
should it have the same series name for both anime and manga list?
I don't understand the question
@Claraviolet
the mal list of top anime and manga having the same series name at the top.
If you mean should the story be the same then ideally yes. Realistically that will never happen. I have only ever seen 1 movie that was scene for scene verbatim from the book and the books author wrote the screen play, filmed, produced and paid for it all himself. The movie turned out to be a block buster hit too.
but i mean in a list, kaden
Like for viewer ratings and such? I think they should be similar as the massive hits of one will also spark a hit on the other side, but it is not perfect. Between the two media types changing content or simply making entirely new stories to the fact that not everything is released together or even at all in some cases, it is too much variation for it to be a 1:1 list. Granted, your top 5 will likely just be the hype anime of the season, but after that things are going to derail rapidly, and as anime ages poorly, the good mangas often stay on top.
that's true lol
for anime the release year matters a lot but for manga the content matters.

take mal list.
should it have the same series name for both anime and manga list?

@Claraviolet
the mal list of top anime and manga having the same series name at the top.

but i mean in a list, kaden

that's true lol
for anime the release year matters a lot but for manga the content matters.

Okay.. that's impossible. Mangas world is bigger than anime, so the list is definitely different

No and on what basis do you think they should have the same series?
Do you think all the popular manga will automatically get anime adaptations? That's not true always.

Back