Do you think anime pacing is easy to control than the manga pacing?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
it's hard to draw the same thing lol
but for anime, they can lots of slow motion to make the minutes count

when compared to manga, even more so anime. can people drag on a battle using the same art frame again and again?
That’s hurting your argument for saying the anime has better pacing if recycling animation frames is your definition of fixing pacing.

I feel like anime often has the chance to fix the pacing issues in Manga as they get to see it happen and can then modify how things happen to meet what viewers want. But.... I don't think many do this well and most of the pacing seems to relate to one side trying to push out too much content and running out of ideas.

That’s hurting your argument for saying the anime has better pacing if recycling animation frames is your definition of fixing pacing.
there is only so much slow motion people can add but in manga frames should differ from the earlier one.
does that make sense? lol i am getting confused now

there is only so much slow motion people can add but in manga frames should differ from the earlier one.
does that make sense? lol i am getting confused now
Sounds like you pulled something out of your ass and thought “this is genius”, and didn’t actually think it through.

Sounds like you pulled something out of your ass and thought “this is genius”, and didn’t actually think it through.
and i could say the same to you, if you still don't get why i am trying to say
in manga panels there should be some difference from the first picture to the second but in anime, as if to explain who tense the situation is, they keep circulating the same frames over and over again. if you still don't know what i am talking about, you are watching $hit all these years

and i could say the same to you, if you still don't get why i am trying to say
in manga panels there should be some difference from the first picture to the second but in anime, as if to explain who tense the situation is, they keep circulating the same frames over and over again. if you still don't know what i am talking about, you are watching $hit all these years
You basically just repeated the same thing again. You do realize there’s other ways to make the scenes tense. Just because you can recycle animation doesn’t make it better pacing, it better control of pacing.

There’s plenty of examples of both that have shit pacing. Manga can have shit pacing if they either just drag out the story longer than it needs to be, or maybe it jumps around between multiple character perspectives too quickly.

With anime, they either rush through it by leaving out content from the manga that would have helped, or they drag it out even longer than it needs to be, or they add bad filler.

So no, I didn’t just pull this out of my ass if you think you’re being cute to throw my insult back at me. It didn’t work.

You basically just repeated the same thing again. You do realize there’s other ways to make the scenes tense. Just because you can recycle animation doesn’t make it better pacing, it better control of pacing.

There’s plenty of examples of both that have shit pacing. Manga can have shit pacing if they either just drag out the story longer than it needs to be, or maybe it jumps around between multiple character perspectives too quickly.

With anime, they either rush through it by leaving out content from the manga that would have helped, or they drag it out even longer than it needs to be, or they add bad filler.

So no, I didn’t just pull this out of my ass if you think you’re being cute to throw my insult back at me. It didn’t work.
i ain't trying to be cute and no one is when they get past 40 and i can't even explain it clearly because it's hard. for manga, there are pages or panels for each chapter. there needs to be some story or something to it. but in anime, sometimes it's the same thing over and over again for over 10 minutes and then there are fillers and original side stories.

i ain't trying to be cute and no one is when they get past 40 and i can't even explain it clearly because it's hard. for manga, there are pages or panels for each chapter. there needs to be some story or something to it. but in anime, sometimes it's the same thing over and over again for over 10 minutes and then there are fillers and original side stories.
Maybe you should sit down and think it over, because it’s coming off like you’re making it up as you’re going. Your argument isn’t helping you, because according to you, filler and repeating animation for 10 minutes is considered “better pacing”.

You should think how instead of being incredibly surface level. It’s funny how you keep pretending I don’t know what I’m talking about, and you have trouble explaining what the hell you’re talking about.

Maybe you should sit down and think it over, because it’s coming off like you’re making it up as you’re going. Your argument isn’t helping you, because according to you, filler and repeating animation for 10 minutes is considered “better pacing”.

You should think how instead of being incredibly surface level. It’s funny how you keep pretending I don’t know what I’m talking about, and you have trouble explaining what the hell you’re talking about.
wait. fillers are added to control the pace. everything comes under the pace. slow animation, recap of the past story, fillers, chibi stories at the end, even opening and ending songs you see. don't you really think without these the anime story can have better progress? it's implied to consider all of this from the beginning. before you say i am making up as i progress. even manga pacing of the starting pages for the chapter and the ending advertisements of the chapter, everything is considered here.

wait. fillers are added to control the pace. everything comes under the pace. slow animation, recap of the past story, fillers, chibi stories at the end, even opening and ending songs you see. don't you really think without these the anime story can have better progress? it's implied to consider all of this from the beginning. before you say i am making up as i progress. even manga pacing of the starting pages for the chapter and the ending advertisements of the chapter, everything is considered here.
No, fillers literally only exist because the studio doesn’t want to lose that time slot, and they don’t want to go past the manga, so they make episodes to keep the time slot for the show.

Openings and endings have advertisements have nothing to do with pacing for the overall show or manga.

You haven’t explained anything. You’re just adding to this without explaining why. You still haven’t explained how recycling animation for 10 minutes straight makes the show pacing better than the manga, and now you’re trying to say that the filler episodes and the OP and ED is what makes the show better.

You’re all over the place. I’m not trying to be an asshole here, you’re not explaining anything. You’re bouncing around from topic to topic and not bothering to explain a single one, and increasing with more topics each time, you wonder why I’m accusing you of not knowing what you’re talking about, and you didn’t think this through.

This how I feel talking to you:
“computer A is better than computer B”
“Okay, so why is A better than B?”
“It’s red”
“Why does the color make it better?”
“Because it has a screen and a power cable”
“Well computer B also has a screen and power cable, but you didn’t explain why A being red is better”
“Well computer A has buttons!”

No, fillers literally only exist because the studio doesn’t want to lose that time slot, and they don’t want to go past the manga, so they make episodes to keep the time slot for the show.

Openings and endings have advertisements have nothing to do with pacing for the overall show or manga.

You haven’t explained anything. You’re just adding to this without explaining why. You still haven’t explained how recycling animation for 10 minutes straight makes the show pacing better than the manga, and now you’re trying to say that the filler episodes and the OP and ED is what makes the show better.

You’re all over the place. I’m not trying to be an asshole here, you’re not explaining anything. You’re bouncing around from topic to topic and not bothering to explain a single one, and increasing with more topics each time, you wonder why I’m accusing you of not knowing what you’re talking about, and you didn’t think this through.

This how I feel talking to you:
“computer A is better than computer B”
“Okay, so why is A better than B?”
“It’s red”
“Why does the color make it better?”
“Because it has a screen and a power cable”
“Well computer B also has a screen and power cable, but you didn’t explain why A being red is better”
“Well computer A has buttons!”
i don't get your argument at all grung.
when i ask something, it's not a straight line argument but rather all the targeted circular curvature would be included. does it make sense? every time, i always feel that what makes sense in my head looks foolish to you and you think i am being stupid.
it's like if someone asks you what's your favorite breakfast?
don't you think if they answer something, wouldn't you think it's appropriate to discuss about the pros and cons of the food they discuss?

this is how i feel our conversations are usually like and i am not being sarcastic
"what's your preferred breakfast"
"it's sandwich"
why sandwich don't you like fast-food for breakfast?
no and we are talking about practical breakfast
alright then for sandwich what do you like?
i am already said i like sandwich but if you must know it's cheese, cucumbers, egg
don't you think egg got too much protein?
why are you talking about protein? what's this thread all about? it's breakfast and not protein.

i really don't get where i went wrong lol

i don't get your argument at all grung.
when i ask something, it's not a straight line argument but rather all the targeted circular curvature would be included. does it make sense? every time, i always feel that what makes sense in my head looks foolish to you and you think i am being stupid.
it's like if someone asks you what's your favorite breakfast?
don't you think if they answer something, wouldn't you think it's appropriate to discuss about the pros and cons of the food they discuss?

this is how i feel our conversations are usually like and i am not being sarcastic
"what's your preferred breakfast"
"it's sandwich"
why sandwich don't you like fast-food for breakfast?
no and we are talking about practical breakfast
alright then for sandwich what do you like?
i am already said i like sandwich but if you must know it's cheese, cucumbers, egg
don't you think egg got too much protein?
why are you talking about protein? what's this thread all about? it's breakfast and not protein.

i really don't get where i went wrong lol
Nothing you said makes any sense whatsoever. Also the poor grammatical errors makes it difficult to understand.

Let’s go back to my previous example, not all questions need “logical” answers. Like if I asked why I should pick computer A because it’s red, and your response is “well it’s my favorite color”. While picking something based on your favorite color is an illogical choice, it still makes sense because it’s something you can explain. You come up with an illogical answer, and instead of explaining it, you just tack on more responses. Instead of explaining “red’s my favorite color”, I get “it has buttons! And a screen!, oh and also the company’s logo!”. That makes sense to absolutely nobody.

Your problem, is that you explain nothing, your answers are circular because you didn’t put any thought into it, and you’re notorious for leaving out a huge chunk of the story, and think that I’m in the wrong for not being able to decipher that. You also act like I never know what I’m talking about to add to the irony.

If someone asks you the question “why”, you should be able to explain “why”. If you don’t want people to think you’re an idiot, put some actual thought into it. Currently you’re at the explanation level of a 10 year old.

Nothing you said makes any sense whatsoever. Also the poor grammatical errors makes it difficult to understand.

Let’s go back to my previous example, not all questions need “logical” answers. Like if I asked why I should pick computer A because it’s red, and your response is “well it’s my favorite color”. While picking something based on your favorite color is an illogical choice, it still makes sense because it’s something you can explain. You come up with an illogical answer, and instead of explaining it, you just tack on more responses. Instead of explaining “red’s my favorite color”, I get “it has buttons! And a screen!, oh and also the company’s logo!”. That makes sense to absolutely nobody.

Your problem, is that you explain nothing, your answers are circular because you didn’t put any thought into it, and you’re notorious for leaving out a huge chunk of the story, and think that I’m in the wrong for not being able to decipher that. You also act like I never know what I’m talking about to add to the irony.

If someone asks you the question “why”, you should be able to explain “why”. If you don’t want people to think you’re an idiot, put some actual thought into it. Currently you’re at the explanation level of a 10 year old.
this is the deal grung.
even now i don't get why you think i act like you don't know anything. if you ask me, probably everyone here is smarter than me. hell...i remember clarie even got some medals in her university and me...i am just a monkey in front of you guys who know close to nothing.
what i do is trying to keep the conversation going. probably you think i am pathetic but in the recent years i don't have many people i could talk to. so when i make threads and you get replies, i try to keep the conversation going by asking something relevant to your posts. but it looks like that relevancy is only in my head and in reality it's not making sense for you guys.
i do think a lot for some of the posts but not for all the posts.

It's not easy to control and everything has it's own set of policies. Just because you are not aware of them doesn't mean there aren't any. Even manga pacing can be slowed down by introducing more battle scenes or background stories. I don't see any difference.

No it's the same.
If someone wants to drag the story, they can do it without too much effort.

I don't know. Different things can affect pacing. So, I feel like it can be pretty tricky no matter the medium.

For example, I love reading webcomics and unfortunately pacing becomes a big problem for some of them when they are under a contract, specially if they are not pulling the numbers and have to wrap everything up in a set number of chapters. Great storylines and pacing becoming a big mess with time skips in the last pages. Yet, I've also seen anime bogged down by bad pacing for example, when they are an adaptation of an ongoing work and they need to get creative and come with their own plot to keep things interesting or just mini-stories that serve as fillers while the source gets more material out, in some cases the anime has gone a bit too far into another direction that it is impossible to conciliate back and depending the team behind it, you can really feel pacing never making it back to the firsts seasons.

I guess it also depends on the perspective, originally I was thinking how maybe it is easier to correct in comic because it is a drawing versus a whole animation that has to fit the 20-minute or whatever spot no matter what so working around that can be tough. However, at least with those pace is in your control as you decide how long each shot take and can add music and other effects to help it while when you're creating a comic, in the end the reader might not stop on each panel the way you expect and it can be tricky to, for instance, convey more while trying to instigate a quicker pace for an action scene.

So, yeah. No idea. They both got their own set of challenges to keep a healthy pace.

Last edited:
Back