Do you like rating other anime fans lists?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
i know some of you don't care about lists
it's for the other half who cares about ratings and lists lol

It sounds really attention whoring to want ratings on your list, and it sounds really pretentious to rate someone else’s list. Like you’re a wine connoisseur.

even if the list got top anime of mal?
oh right, you don't believe in mal at all.
1: you don’t get the joke
2: why should I care if it’s top rated?

It’s not that I “don’t believe” in MAL, I just don’t give a shit. If I don’t like a show, should I give a shit what the users of some random website thinks of it?

Your “but MAL says” stuff comes off like you don’t have your own opinion. When I ask someone on their thoughts on a show, I want their opinion, not MAL’s opinion.

Regardless of my opinion on MAL, it’s still really weird to site one single site’s opinion as word of god.

1: you don’t get the joke
2: why should I care if it’s top rated?

It’s not that I “don’t believe” in MAL, I just don’t give a shit. If I don’t like a show, should I give a shit what the users of some random website thinks of it?

Your “but MAL says” stuff comes off like you don’t have your own opinion. When I ask someone on their thoughts on a show, I want their opinion, not MAL’s opinion.

Regardless of my opinion on MAL, it’s still really weird to site one single site’s opinion as word of god.
it's still like an encyclopedia of anime and manga.
when i said mal, it's usually the userbase and how much they adore an anime

it's still like an encyclopedia of anime and manga.
when i said mal, it's usually the userbase and how much they adore an anime
You still haven’t answered why I should give a shit what they have to say. Especially if I’m asking someone for their opinion on a show. If I wanted to see what MAL had to say, I’d go on there instead of asking you.

If you don’t use a website, why should you give a shit what their opinion on the quality of something is? If you ask me for a good local restaurant, wouldn’t you think it’s dumb if I go “well this website you don’t use said it’s good”. Well okay, but do you think it’s good?

If you use IMDB for movie reviews, but your friend constantly goes “but Rotten Tomatoes says!” over and over, who gives a shit? You don’t use Rotten Tomatoes, so you don’t care about their opinion, just as your friend shouldn’t give a shit about IMDB’s opinion.

You still haven’t answered why I should give a shit what they have to say. Especially if I’m asking someone for their opinion on a show. If I wanted to see what MAL had to say, I’d go on there instead of asking you.

If you don’t use a website, why should you give a shit what their opinion on the quality of something is? If you ask me for a good local restaurant, wouldn’t you think it’s dumb if I go “well this website you don’t use said it’s good”. Well okay, but do you think it’s good?

If you use IMDB for movie reviews, but your friend constantly goes “but Rotten Tomatoes says!” over and over, who gives a shit? You don’t use Rotten Tomatoes, so you don’t care about their opinion, just as your friend shouldn’t give a shit about IMDB’s opinion.
does someone's opinion matter a lot when pretty much the whole world is saying something else entirely? may be you care but not many do lol.
but it's refreshing to see someone who wants to know what others or a small community say about something, rather than taking what the majority of the say.

does someone's opinion matter a lot when pretty much the whole world is saying something else entirely? may be you care but not many do lol.
but it's refreshing to see someone who wants to know what others or a small community say about something, rather than taking what the majority of the say.
You still didn’t answer my question: why do I have to give a shit about what MAL has to say?

It can be fun but it can turn out into a mess too.
If you say something is not interesting and when that person disagree, it could lead to a disaster.

Back