Do you consider Pokemon as a Anime?

jacktheking

Well, I started watching Pokemon when I was a kid. To be honest, I only watched Season One and I never watch till the end.
I always thought it was cartoon but when I join Internet Forums and Social Network, people told me that it is consider anime. Well, I still think that the old Pokemon season is cartoon. I dont know why, but it feel like it is an anime when I watch Pokemon X and Y anime trailer.

It does seem like a cartoon, but it is without a doubt a anime. A anime that has long overstayed its welcome.

Basically any cartoon produced by a Japanese company for Japanese audience can be called anime =)

Well, it depends on how you define 'anime'................If you define it as something that is mature, and not for children, then I don't know, maybe Pokemon isn't one...............But, I have not watched Pokemon and so, I don't know whether it is childish or not...............But, if you apply this defintion, then, a few cartoons like Batman: The Animated Series, etc,. can't be classified under cartoons...........

I don't think Dragonball is the best example for that, Spectre.

And yeah, anime is pretty much "animation produced from a Japanese company", Pokemon is originally a Japanese animation, so it's anime. There's a ton of anime for children, see: Digimon and Doraemon

I disagree, but it could be argued either way. My opinion is that even with all the blood and violence, the show would typically be appropriate for audiences under the age of eighteen. There certainly are much tamer anime, though.

I fail to see how Pokemon would not be considered an anime. It has all the characteristics of an anime. An anime for a younger audience, but an anime nonetheless.

I consider it an anime. It has the art style, characteristics, and plot of an anime, but it is targeted towards younger audiences. Being a Pokemon fan, I still watch it.

Pókemon is an anime for a younger audience.

Anime is produced for various age groups.

pokemon, is too childish to become an anime,
it's all about ask saving the world just like power puff girls saving the day xD
that's too damn funny xD

Well seeing how it was created in Japan, I don't see how it's not a anime. :p Granted there are better anime out there, Pokemon may have started as a video game but yes it is a anime. What makes it not classified as a anime? :p

It is an anime but I don't want it to be used as an example for anime.
It is for kids like sailormoon

Back