Death of your favorite character?

JennyorAlice

Have you continued to read the manga or watch the anime even after the death of your favorite character? Or did the death of your favorite character turn you off of that for the rest of the series? Why did that death affect you that way? Or can you keep reading/watching after your favorite character has died because you have to have some form of resolution?

Oh I've got one.  <Spoiler>  Kizuna from Kamisama no inai nichiyobi. 

The show started off great with a great premise where the undead walk the earth,kizuna gets a badass introduction and you just love his merciless personality and ways, and our main character is the cutest anime character I've ever seen. 
But noooo. They kill him off after just 3 episodes.THREE. The show could have gone in a great mystery/adventure/action/direction and do something about the state of the world. But after he died it just becomes a show where they roam around meeting people and doing stuff and the anime just kind of ends after that. On a half ass cliffhanger too. Its not a bad show but It would have gone so much better if a good director was in charge of it.

Nel said:
Did you think it's way sad than l death?
Its been very long since I watched DN. I think L's death was more shocking than sad but this one was made to be sad. So yes.

BurnsyCEO said:
Its been very long since I watched DN. I think L's death was more shocking than sad but this one was made to be sad. So yes.

L knows he was about to die. But he still did what he had to do. So I think his death is unfair.

I don't have any favorites but the deaths in Naruto are quite tragic.
Other anime are not at all worth mentioning

i remember disliking ai no kusabi ending as riki and ian died in that explosion and fire. but i didn't hate it

People tend to dislike the main protagonists death in an anime or in a manga.
Normal supporting characters rarely get any such response from the viewers

Star_Of_Hope said:
People tend to dislike the main protagonists death in an anime or in a manga.
Normal supporting characters rarely get any such response from the viewers

people killed themselves after watching itachi's death, third hokage's death, neji's death, jirayiya's death, Ace's death all of them got huge responses

I can actually think of one particular series.

Spoiler alert for Death Note:
When a certain characters finally wins the battle of "wits" and his rival is killed I found myself getting bored of the series. The replacement characters that got put into finish the story were kinda not as interesting and I would of rather the rival character have solved the case and put an end to the monster of the series.

Kaori said:
I can actually think of one particular series.

Spoiler alert for Death Note:
When a certain characters finally wins the battle of "wits" and his rival is killed I found myself getting bored of the series. The replacement characters that got put into finish the story were kinda not as interesting and I would of rather the rival character have solved the case and put an end to the monster of the series.
It was a sad death. I really hoped the other party would win but one has to accept it.
The second part with newly introduced characters lost it's charm.
With this, I assume that you haven't watched Naruto

I do continue to read on, I don't base my viewing/reading of a series just on one character to drop it should they no longer be included. Depending on their death though it can make me more interested in continuing it.

Demon_skeith said:
I do continue to read on, I don't base my viewing/reading of a series just on one character to drop it should they no longer be included. Depending on their death though it can make me more interested in continuing it.

sometimes people get too attached to this characters that they lose interest. i don't get how someone does that for an anime character.

Back