Build or Buy PC's?

Dusan

When you're getting a new PC, do you like to build your own or just buy from a store?

For me my first PC that i am still using was bought from store,it had good specs so i didn't need to build something special,because this one fits my needs.

What about you?

I prefer buying a new PC from a store to building my own -_-
I am a computer science student and I don't know anything about hardware :huh:

I always find that building my own is a lot cheaper than buying a PC outright. I can build it to my specifications for a lot cheaper and know that I probably got a better PC for way cheaper.

I prefer to have an assembled PC... I dont know how to assemble PC.. but i can give the list of components and with prefered brand name...

Since I am an Ubuntu user, I dont want windows in my PC.. So dont have to worry about the preinstalled OS

I've built all of mine except for the current one. Which is a touch-screen all-in-one. I say if you have the know how, build it yourself. It's much cheaper!

If we are buying a laptop, then there is no choice but buy one readymaid system... very few customizations available for laptops..

after i bought one my friend told me he could have built me a better one for the same price so next time i'd go for getting someone to build me one....coz i can't do it x)

Building pc cost almost same as buying new ones these days, before building from scratch used to best option to save money but not any more.

sarhad12 said:
Building pc cost almost same as buying new ones these days, before building from scratch used to best option to save money but not any more.

That's not completely true. :blush:

It's different from store to store and website to website.

But building your own computer from scratch, will always be cheaper since you can get hardware alot cheaper on different websites :D

and I don't know anything about hardware
Same. I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to building a PC from scratch. Even if I followed an online tutorial, I would find it too difficult and I don't think I could complete it all by myself.

Back