Boruto: Naruto the movie Review

Soultaker said:
This movie is like shit.
It doesn't have anything good and it's just your typical anime just trying out whether continuing naruto is good or not.
considering the ratings, they won't continue the boring series anymore.

I see..... To each his own I guess..... The movie mostly received critical acclaim and was a commercial success......

MadaraUchiha said:
I see..... To each his own I guess..... The movie mostly received critical acclaim and was a commercial success......

Will you ever watch the continuation with the same things but with different characters?
Kishimoto is already out of ideas, judging the way he dragged the final war.

Soultaker said:
Will you ever watch the continuation with the same things but with different characters?
Kishimoto is already out of ideas, judging the way he dragged the final war.

Well, Boruto was the only movie I watched after the original series got over..... I didn't read any spin-off series or gaiden or light novel, either..... This movie was good in my opinion, from a shounen stand-point....

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, Boruto was the only movie I watched after the original series got over..... I didn't read any spin-off series or gaiden or light novel, either..... This movie was good in my opinion, from a shounen stand-point....

it's time for me to watch this movie my man xD
is it anything like old naruto or is it like naruto shippuden?

MadaraUchiha said:
It's logical, you know.... Sasuke and Naruto surpassed Orochimaru and Jiraiya long before the war, so, it's inevitable that she has to.....

what is she?
some genius like sasuke or some stupid like naruto?
why does the plot has to revolve around her and the promise naruto made to sakura?

Sebastian said:
it's time for me to watch this movie my man xD
is it anything like old naruto or is it like naruto shippuden?

Neither.... It's a textbook shounen movie, in my opinion....

Sebastian said:
what is she?
some genius like sasuke or some stupid like naruto?
why does the plot has to revolve around her and the promise naruto made to sakura?

MadaraUchiha said:
Neither.... It's a textbook shounen movie, in my opinion....

when i first saw naruto my man, none of the other ninja interested me.
especially women or girls.
they were all meek and not meant for to protect peeps

really man?
but may be for a 10 year old it's too much xD
anime ain't for kids bro
so did he enjoy naruto? or she?

Sebastian said:
really man?
but may be for a 10 year old it's too much xD
anime ain't for kids bro
so did he enjoy naruto? or she?

Yeah, much to my surprise, he said Naruto is better than every single cartoon he ever watched.....

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah, much to my surprise, he said Naruto is better than every single cartoon he ever watched.....

Why don't you ask him to watch one piece, bleach?
May be if he can understand death note,himitsu, shiki, another, d-gray man, yu yu hakusho too.

MadaraUchiha said:

cool my man xD
he must be a genius just like you xD

did you make him watch other anime my man?

Sebastian said:
cool my man xD
he must be a genius just like you xD

did you make him watch other anime my man?

Ewon said:
Why don't you ask him to watch one piece, bleach?
May be if he can understand death note,himitsu, shiki, another, d-gray man, yu yu hakusho too.

Yeah, I was like, 'finish this, and then I'll recommend some more'..... I went there for a one day visit, so, I didn't have time..... But, yeah, One Piece would be my second recommendation for him, but, I don't think a 11-year-old can understand Death Note, etc.; I mean, Naruto itself was too much for him, plus, there are somethings in Death Note which may influence him if he is not matured enough......

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes, if the MC is someone like Luffy..... Naruto is annoying and irritating, in my opinion..... Plus, Luffy doesn't whine, like Naruto..... And, I've watched many popular anime, and most of the MC's of these anime are, at the least, not stupid.....

You can never compare naruto and luffy. Luffy would never interfere when some of his crew mates asked him to not to interfere with their battle. But that's not the case with naruto. He is just irritating. Do you dislike naruto and other MC's? Is there anyone who is more irritating than naruto?

Saber said:
You can never compare naruto and luffy. Luffy would never interfere when some of his crew mates asked him to not to interfere with their battle. But that's not the case with naruto. He is just irritating. Do you dislike naruto and other MC's? Is there anyone who is more irritating than naruto?

I find him irritating, that's all, I don't 'hate' him.... I guess I hate the MC of Deadman Wonderland......

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Plot:[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Set over a decade after the Fourth Shinobi World War, the story focuses on the new generation of Shinobi, the children of the heroes of the war. Naruto has  become the 7th Hokage, and Konoha has become technologically advanced. Uzumaki Boruto, Naruto's 12-year-old son, never lived through war and thus never saw his father as a hero. Instead, all he sees is an overworked, distant man who spreads himself too thin—and even uses shadow clones as stand-ins at important family events. As he enters his Chunin exams, he wants to impress his father, and surpass him. In order to do so, he takes the help of his father's life-long rival, Sasuke Uchiha. But, due to his questionable tactics in the exam, Naruto is forced to take a harsh decision, and this leads to more friction.  Unbeknownst to Naruto and the others, powerful and dangerous foes are headed to the Hidden Leaf to collect all chakra, convert it into a chakra fruit, which would give them immortality, limitless power and invincibility. [/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Story:6/10[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Straight forward. It deals with parental relationships, and strains developed between parents and children. The action scenes are great. The problem is the villains are bland, the story is predictable, and the screenplay is sluggish. [/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Characters:7/10[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Naruto: Showed him like some kind of a heartless guy who doesn't care about his family. But, they reconcile everything, to some extent, in the last few scenes of the movie. [/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sasuke: Becomes more mature, and his behaviour resembles that of Itachi, to some extent. Has a strong screen presence in the movie, and this is probably among his best portrayals in any version of Naruto.[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boruto: Shown to be a modern day ninja, who hasn't seen war, is bratty, and doesn't believe in hard work, and, more importantly, is not stupid, like his father. His character development is the entire story. They could have spent more time on the master-student between him and Sasuke, but, that's alright. In the end, he didn't feel unique or fresh.[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sarada(Sasuke's daughter): Wants to become the next hokage. Admires Naruto more than his father. Hard-working, and determined. And, annoying(at least in my opinion), to some extent.[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mitsuki: Shown as both clumsy, and talented. Not much time spent on him.[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The villains: Probably the worst part of the movie. Don't feel fresh. They are placed so that we can have those epic fight scenes involving  Naruto and Sasuke. Compared to villains like Orochimaru or Madara, they feel like having weak charactersation.[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Action:9/10[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Probably, the best part of the movie. Epic and thrilling. However, the climax scene involving Boruto felt a bit out of place. You'll know it if you watch the movie.[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Animation/art:7/10[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The character movements, and the background animation were neat. However, the character faces sketching were lazy, to say the least. Boruto's face is literally Naruto's face, Shikamaru's son is that of his father, etc. Over all, it was okay-ish.[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Music:8/10[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The usual Naruto scores. Epic scores for the action scenes, and appropriate music for other scenes. They were pretty forgettable, though. But, there is one moment where Naruto fans may feel goose-bumps, in the last battle sequence.[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Voice acting:8/10[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Was crisp, and neat. Nothing wrong.[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall:7.5/10[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you want a good movie with all the elements of a shonen anime, with extra focus on exhilarating battle sequences, then, go for it.[/font][/size]

Well. Now I would think before watching it. I don't think it's worth watching.

Nel said:
Well. Now I would think before watching it. I don't think it's worth watching.
If you just look at my score blindly, then take it with a pinch of salt. The movie is worth watching. It's very good.

MadaraUchiha said:
If you just look at my score blindly, then take it with a pinch of salt. The movie is worth watching. It's very good.

I will add it to my watchlist but it would take sometime to get around it. I have completed watching god eater.

Nel said:
I will add it to my watchlist but it would take sometime to get around it. I have completed watching god eater.
The movie is pretty good, and fast-paced.
I've completed 5 episodes. Don't have time.

MadaraUchiha said:
The movie is pretty good, and fast-paced.
I've completed 5 episodes. Don't have time.

I will watch it soon. I can't believe I will be picking up naruto again.
I hope I don't regret it

Back