Boruto: Naruto the movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Plot:
Set over a decade after the Fourth Shinobi World War, the story focuses on the new generation of Shinobi, the children of the heroes of the war. Naruto has  become the 7th Hokage, and Konoha has become technologically advanced. Uzumaki Boruto, Naruto's 12-year-old son, never lived through war and thus never saw his father as a hero. Instead, all he sees is an overworked, distant man who spreads himself too thin—and even uses shadow clones as stand-ins at important family events. As he enters his Chunin exams, he wants to impress his father, and surpass him. In order to do so, he takes the help of his father's life-long rival, Sasuke Uchiha. But, due to his questionable tactics in the exam, Naruto is forced to take a harsh decision, and this leads to more friction.  Unbeknownst to Naruto and the others, powerful and dangerous foes are headed to the Hidden Leaf to collect all chakra, convert it into a chakra fruit, which would give them immortality, limitless power and invincibility. 

Story:6/10
Straight forward. It deals with parental relationships, and strains develop between parents and children. The action scenes are great. The problem is the villains are bland, the story is predictable, and the screenplay is sluggish. 

Characters:7/10
Naruto: Showed him like some kind of a heartless guy who doesn't care about his family. But, they reconcile everything, to some extent, in the last few scenes of the movie. 
Sasuke: Becomes more mature, and his behaviour resembles that of Itachi, to some extent. Has a strong screen presence in the movie, and this is probably among his best portrayals in any version of Naruto.
Boruto: Shown to be a modern day ninja, who hasn't seen war, is bratty, and doesn't believe in hard work, and, more importantly, is not stupid, like his father. His character development is the entire story. They could have spent more time on the master-student between him and Sasuke, but, that's alright. In the end, he didn't feel unique or fresh.
Sarada(Sasuke's daughter): Wants to become the next hokage. Admires Naruto more than his father. Hard-working, and determined. And, annoying(at least in my opinion), to some extent.
Mitsuki: Shown as both clumsy, and talented. Not much time spent on him.
The villains: Probably the worst part of the movie. Don't feel fresh. They are placed so that we can have those epic fight scenes involving  Naruto and Sasuke. Compared to villains like Orochimaru or Madara, they feel like having weak charactersation.

Action:9/10
Probably, the best part of the movie. Epic and thrilling. However, the climax scene involving Boruto felt a bit out of place. You'll know it if you watch the movie.

Animation/art:8/10
The character movements, and the background animation were neat. However, the character designs feltrepetitive. Boruto's face is literally Naruto's face, Shikamaru's son is that of his father, etc. Action animation was great as always.

Music:8/10
The usual Naruto scores. Epic scores for the action scenes, and appropriate music for other scenes. They were pretty forgettable, though. But, there is one moment where Naruto fans may feel goose-bumps, in the last battle sequence.

Voice acting:8/10
Was crisp, and neat. Nothing wrong.

Overall:7.5/10

If you want a good movie with all the elements of a shonen anime, with extra focus on exhilarating battle sequences, then, go for it.

looks boring bro?
they are all becoming their ancestors and it ain't a good thing.

does it show hinata? does sasuke got any kids?

Sebastian said:
looks boring bro?
they are all becoming their ancestors and it ain't a good thing.

does it show hinata? does sasuke got any kids?

Nope..... It's worth watching.... Btw, I've mentioned that Sarada is Sasuke's daughter under the 'characters' section, and yes, it does show Hinata, but, only in a few scenes, and there's only a couple of scenes in which she uses the Byakugan, and other than that, she's there only for decoration.....

MadaraUchiha said:
Nope..... It's worth watching.... Btw, I've mentioned that Sarada is Sasuke's daughter under the 'characters' section, and yes, it does show Hinata, but, only in a few scenes, and there's only a couple of scenes in which she uses the Byakugan, and other than that, she's there only for decoration.....

I am sorry to intrude but is sasuke disappointed as sarada isn't a boy?
Can her abilities rival boruto?
Can they become rivals like naruto and sasuke?

Saber said:
I am sorry to intrude but is sasuke disappointed as sarada isn't a boy?
Can her abilities rival boruto?
Can they become rivals like naruto and sasuke?

I don't know, because Boruto is not stupid like Naruto, but, he is not as serious as Sasuke, either.... He is very talented, and [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Sasuke took him as his apprentice and told him that only he has the potential to surpass his father.......

MadaraUchiha said:
cool man xD
never thought he would get a daughter.
does she have any potential?
serious naruto. that's a different concept bro xD

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't know, because Boruto is not stupid like Naruto, but, he is not as serious as Sasuke, either.... He is very talented, and [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Sasuke took him as his apprentice and told him that only he has the potential to surpass his father.......

I don't think people would want to watch such an MC.
He is rather plain and most of the fans would like to see a simpleton rather than a genius.

Most of the MC's of popular anime are dumb.
They got a charm in their stupidity.

Saber said:
Most of the MC's of popular anime are dumb.
They got a charm in their stupidity.

Yes, if the MC is someone like Luffy..... Naruto is annoying and irritating, in my opinion..... Plus, Luffy doesn't whine, like Naruto..... And, I've watched many popular anime, and most of the MC's of these anime are, at the least, not stupid.....

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes, if the MC is someone like Luffy..... Naruto is annoying and irritating, in my opinion..... Plus, Luffy doesn't whine, like Naruto..... And, I've watched many popular anime, and most of the MC's of these anime are, at the least, not stupid.....

luffy is even more stupid than naruto bro.
why do you think naruto whines? isn't that what luffy does daily?

is she is anything like sakura then her talent would go to waste my man?
don't you think the same?

Sebastian said:
luffy is even more stupid than naruto bro.
why do you think naruto whines? isn't that what luffy does daily?

is she is anything like sakura then her talent would go to waste my man?
don't you think the same?

Luffy is funny, that's the difference.... And, if you consider the line of succession, there has always been a genius..... Hiruzen, Orochimaru, Minato, Kakashi, and then, Sasuke..... But, Sarada and Boruto are no genius..... Though, Sarada's main aim is to become a Hokage, and Boruto's is to become someone who protects the village from the shadows, like Sasuke..... Well, Sakura is not dumb, you know..... She is shown to be fairly intelligent....

MadaraUchiha said:
Luffy is funny, that's the difference.... And, if you consider the line of succession, there has always been a genius..... Hiruzen, Orochimaru, Minato, Kakashi, and then, Sasuke..... But, Sarada and Boruto are no genius..... Though, Sarada's main aim is to become a Hokage, and Boruto's is to become someone who protects the village from the shadows, like Sasuke..... Well, Sakura is not dumb, you know..... She is shown to be fairly intelligent....

but when she is young bro, she is the most dumbest kid i ever saw.
she is cute but dumb.

Sebastian said:
but when she is young bro, she is the most dumbest kid i ever saw.
she is cute but dumb.

I'd say she is useless..... It's not easy to become as good as Tsunade, you know.....

MadaraUchiha said:
I'd say she is useless..... It's not easy to become as good as Tsunade, you know.....

tsunade is strong enough to become hokage my man xD
sakura could never be able to become hokage xD

Sebastian said:
tsunade is strong enough to become hokage my man xD
sakura could never be able to become hokage xD

Dude, are you watching Naruto at all? Sakura's physical strength and medical ninjutsu are as good as Tsunade during the war, and she surpasses her after the war.....

MadaraUchiha said:
Dude, are you watching Naruto at all? Sakura's physical strength and medical ninjutsu are as good as Tsunade during the war, and she surpasses her after the war.....

i am not following naruto recently my man xD
i am watching only one piece from time to time x(
i didn't know that. she surpassed tsunade? seriously my man?

Sebastian said:
i am not following naruto recently my man xD
i am watching only one piece from time to time x(
i didn't know that. she surpassed tsunade? seriously my man?

It's logical, you know.... Sasuke and Naruto surpassed Orochimaru and Jiraiya long before the war, so, it's inevitable that she has to.....

This movie is like shit.
It doesn't have anything good and it's just your typical anime just trying out whether continuing naruto is good or not.
considering the ratings, they won't continue the boring series anymore.

Back