Bokurano - 1st Episode "Game" discussion thread

Mansi14

Mina san! As we had decided, from today onwards we start with watching Bokurano and discuss one episode per day :D

1. Game

15 school kids are on a summer school program for nature observation on Mitomo island. In the starting we are given brief introductions of main 15 characters whichever include variety of personalities from a 4th grader shy and timid Kana-chan to interesting, extreme, bookish, extroverted, adventurous and more kind of seventh graders. After they get bored with the time spent on beach, they decide to explore a well known cave nearby and are surprised to find a place- almost like a hideout in deepest part of the cave where they   encountered a mysterious man Kokopelli. Kokopelli explains them about the game he created and asks the children to become test players for the game. A giant robot will protect the earth from fifteen aliens a sea per the explanation and fifteen players are required. Everyone except little  Kana-chan participate in the game. Kokopelli takes them to cockpit of the game and defeats the first alien further warning the children that he cannot participate in the game anymore. The children  realize that the game is far more serious than they had anticipated.

So what do you guys think of this anime? How is the music and art according to you? Do you like the story and characters? What do you imagine will happen next?

At first I was a bit worried because the last time I watched an anime with an ensemble like this, it sucked, and the reason was that the characters became annoying(it's called Mayoiga, and it's from the guy who made Another). But, the characters were interesting and distinct enough from each other. After watching it, I was able to remember the faces of most of them.
The setup of the world was done neatly. It wasn't convoluted or boring. The voice acting was very good, the opening song was good and the ending song was decent. I can't say anything about the score. The animation was pretty decent. I feel like they don't have enough budget because whenever the mecha part kicks in, each frame lingers on longer.
Overall, I liked it a lot.

BurnsyCEO said:
You ain't seen nothing yet.

The first impression isn't good. It reminded of power rangers for a bit. But those fights those monsters and their secret... It's good

BurnsyCEO said:
You ain't seen nothing yet.

You have?

Nel said:
The first impression isn't good. It reminded of power rangers for a bit. But those fights those monsters and their secret... It's good

Power rangers. Certainly didn't remind me of that and the opening really got me.

MadaraUchiha said:
At first I was a bit worried because the last time I watched an anime with an ensemble like this, it sucked, and the reason was that the characters became annoying(it's called Mayoiga, and it's from the guy who made Another). But, the characters were interesting and distinct enough from each other. After watching it, I was able to remember the faces of most of them.
The setup of the world was done neatly. It wasn't convoluted or boring. The voice acting was very good, the opening song was good and the ending song was decent. I can't say anything about the score. The animation was pretty decent. I feel like they don't have enough budget because whenever the mecha part kicks in, each frame lingers on longer.
Overall, I liked it a lot.

Mansi14 said:
You have?

Power rangers. Certainly didn't remind me of that and the opening really got me.

I can't write a review of it if I haven't already seen it can I?

Mansi14 said:
You have?

That huge robot is like a zord. Did you watch at least 5 episodes

i haven't seen any single episode discussion thread and it's been a very long time since i am here. this opening is interesting. it was funny at first.

Angel said:
i haven't seen any single episode discussion thread and it's been a very long time since i am here. this opening is interesting. it was funny at first.

Funny eh? I absolutely love that opening song. Are you going to watch this (if you haven't already)? I am not a mecha fan but this is one of very few mecha anime that I liked.

Mansi14 said:
Funny eh? I absolutely love that opening song. Are you going to watch this (if you haven't already)? I am not a mecha fan but this is one of very few mecha anime that I liked.

i liked it too.
i have watched it and i liked this anime too but it's too dark. i don't want to watch anime like these again

Back