Battle Royale

Silver_Fox

Banned
This review is actually not fair because i drop it midway before i finish it. I only read 20 chapters from all of 100+ chapters but i already get a good grip about what's going on.

The concept of this manga is actually good, it's about battle royale of 42 participant with only 1 winner on a deserted island. The author do better work on story perspective than Mirai Nikki because it have multiple perspective rather than focusing to main protagonist, so i can actually feel the nuance and excitement of a battle royale.

Characters also written very well, lot of minor characters even given backstory so we will give more appreciation for their appearance on the series (at least for me). The antagonists are interesting to read, they are psychos from hell that makes me want to know more about them.

So far.. this manga is quite good and exciting. Why i drop the series? It's not because lacking on quality but more like.. i was annoyed by the attitude of the main protagonist, but i'll save it for another day because this is not a character analysis. It's a good read if you have time but be warned, it's Seinen so you'll get mature content on this manga.

Update : this is the very first Seinen manga that i feel irritated to the main protagonist, this is never happened before

I actually plan on reading this eventually especially with battle royale becoming a pretty popular video game genre which also makes me wonder why it hasn't got an anime adaptation but I guess there are some kind of battle royale type anime already.

Risk said:
I actually plan on reading this eventually especially with battle royale becoming a pretty popular video game genre which also makes me wonder why it hasn't got an anime adaptation but I guess there are some kind of battle royale type anime already.

Oh really.. battle royale is popular genre now? Haha.. sounds cool, that's just a dream when we still play Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Well read it when you have time, it's worth it

Risk said:

Why would you think a video game genre would translate to anime?

hmmmm
You can't stop saying how good it is but still dropped it.
Interesting
what about that character was so unappealing to you I wonder?
Was this character's attitude really that bad?

Blackrose said:
hmmmm
You can't stop saying how good it is but still dropped it.
Interesting
what about that character was so unappealing to you I wonder?
Was this character's attitude really that bad?

This guy is bullshit rose, he literally crying and running around preaching about friendship to the ones who intend to kill him. I was irritated so much by this weakness

Poseidon said:
This guy is bullshit rose, he literally crying and running around preaching about friendship to the ones who intend to kill him. I was irritated so much by this weakness

Yes, the sissy guy name is Shuuya, i don't like him haha..
Yes this is Seinen like Gantz, there are many violent death

Poseidon said:
Yes, the sissy guy name is Shuuya, i don't like him haha..
Yes this is Seinen like Gantz, there are many violent death

Yeah I saw someone severing another's head with this huge blade
wow...really graphic

Well anime and rest of the forms of media have always been their own separate bubbles and they don't affect each other.

BurnsyCEO said:
Well anime and rest of the forms of media have always been their own separate bubbles and they don't affect each other.

Well for the most part I think so but every now and then games get made into anime or movies and the other way around but then again I don't know how popular these games are in Japan.

it's a manga

i think it was an anime but it must be popular, if only a little. 100 chapters wouldn't have gotten published if the story sucked

Blackangel said:
it's a manga

i think it was an anime but it must be popular, if only a little. 100 chapters wouldn't have gotten published if the story sucked

This manga is actually adaptation from a novel

Back