Baccano!

Risk

So I just got done watching Baccano! It turned out quite nice, Its one of those animes where its very fast paced and kinda confusing where everything starts to make sense near the end. For the first half I could really understand what was going on and was going to drop it but it was worth it to keep going. I ended up enjoying it a lot.

MAL Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano

Synopsis quoted MAL: During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Have any of you seen it, what do you think of it?

I watched it twice. The first time I was like the fuq is happening. But the second time I saw how well the bits and pieces actually fit into each other.

BurnsyCEO said:
I watched it twice. The first time I was like the fuq is happening. But the second time I saw how well the bits and pieces actually fit into each other.

I thought it was going to be one of those ones where I had to re-watch it but by the end I pieced it all together.

I finished it way back in 2014, and I liked it a lot. it was really unique for an anime, and the fact that it had a non-linear narrative AND multiple POV's really added to it. 
I like it a bit more than Durarara since I didn't really like the second half as much as the first.

i watched two episodes and thought it was confusing so i put it on hold.:what2:

Yeah it is very confusing and slow at the beginning but once you get past about episode 6 around there it will speed up and make a little more sense.

It's been a long time since I watched this, as suggested in this topic it can be strange and slow but if you stick with it long enough you'll come to add it to your most favorite list.

Also anyone who enjoys this anime, will also enjoy Durarara!!

Demon_skeith said:
It's been a long time since I watched this, as suggested in this topic it can be strange and slow but if you stick with it long enough you'll come to add it to your most favorite list.

Also anyone who enjoys this anime, will also enjoy Durarara!!

Slow is the last thing you should call something like Baccano.

Honestly this is to fast paced to my liking. I dipped out after watching three episodes.i will think of picking it up again

BurnsyCEO said:
Slow is the last thing you should call something like Baccano.

Just at the start is what I meant, I know once it gets going its as fast as the flying.... well you know :p

Risk said:
Yeah it is very confusing and slow at the beginning but once you get past about episode 6 around there it will speed up and make a little more sense.

slow?? it was confusing cause everything was happening at the same time and i was like wtf is this XD

NXL said:
slow?? it was confusing cause everything was happening at the same time and i was like wtf is this XD

Well by slow I mean nothing much happens until half way and its confusing up until then.

I dropped it.. Well... As you said it would make sense at the end. May be I should watch it. Shucks there are so many anime but so less time  :noway3:

I was actually about to drop it half way but just watching that one more episode got me hooked. If you're willing to invest some time into it, it is worth it.

Risk said:
I was actually about to drop it half way but just watching that one more episode got me hooked. If you're willing to invest some time into it, it is worth it.

What is that episode number? I would watch it until that point, if I still didn't like it, I would drop it

KuranKaname said:
What is that episode number? I would watch it until that point, if I still didn't like it, I would drop it

Well for me 7, if you wanna invest some time you might enjoy it.

KuranKaname said:

You should give it a try. Watch until episode 8 or 9. Sometimes it gets interesting a bit later, based on our personality

oh my god star
and here i thought you drop anime when you can't watch an anime if it doesn't get interesting in less than 3 episodes lol

Back