Attack on titan review

The title of this thread should be "What I think about AoT anime."..............

You are entitled to your opinion. It states it is a review section and I gave my review. That is exactly what the title implies. I'm Ru and I'm reviewing Attack on Titan. Feel free to name your topics however you please.
I was sure about the titan being Annie too =) When the female titan first appeared though people had some doubts about her identity, I remember there were some arguments about that. But I agree, it was a bit too obvious.

When the series was airing I talked with a guy who loved that they put all those little tragedies of nameless soldiers in there. I think for him it was not about the emotional strike of seeing a character dying, but about having a somewhat realistic portrayal of secondary characters, soldiers that have to be there, who would not earn any fame or glory and die a horrible death. So for him it was easier to go through those long arcs with endless fighting that did not progress the overall plot. I am just saying, maybe they intended it to be this way.

When Levi's girlfriend died and later her body was lost too, so he couldn't even give her a proper burial, I felt those were emotionally strong events. I'd go as far as to say we did not need to know Levi better in order for this death to leave greater impact. If I remember right this was the first time Levi shown the vulnerable side of his character, this was the first time he gave as a hint that somewhere inside he can be loving and kind. And the power of this small revelation was magnified by the loss he experienced. This is was probably my favorite moment in the whole anime =)

I think you are the only person I have come across on this site that actually gives sufficient insight. I thoroughly enjoy reading an opinion, even if it's not agreeing with me, that has backbone to it. Especially since you do acknowledge the series has flaws, but enjoy it anyway. Which I have nothing against. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm well aware many people actually enjoy this series. All in all this is me saying: I enjoy your posts. Lemme hug you. :D

The female titan was far too obvious, as I stated in my review. I'm not fond of predictability. Some people are and I do see why some shows go for it. Like, how most shows you know the main character will survive or a really popular side character. It's done to keep the viewers there, since there is a risk of losing them should they take the course of killing them. However, there wasn't much of a benefit to making the female titan obvious.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy that random people died. It was realistic and that portion was executed properly. It's the fact the no one you really feel for dies until Levi's girlfriend, I believe her name was Peta, died. You got a feel for her more since she spoke with Erin and you could tell she was relatively close to Levi. She is the only death I felt anything for. The scene where her father is speaking to Levi nearly broke my heart and is the only time I felt much of anything throughout the entire series. Occasionally I felt sorry for Mikasa, sure. However, I really feel to fully embrace the random deaths they should have killed off at least one of the main characters permanently if they really wanted to have that affect to last.

Well, your review is full of criticisms, and you are juz basing the entire review of the anime on the fact that the quality of the anime is bad...............

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, your review is full of criticisms, and you are juz basing the entire review of the anime on the fact that the quality of the anime is bad...............

Do you have ANY idea what a review is?

A review IS full of criticisms. I'm not giving a synopsis or a summary, which is typically unbiased. A review is 100% biased of whomever is posting the review. My opinion of Attack on Titan? It sucks balls. So, of course my review is going to be negative. If you would like to see a positive one, then you can feel free to write your own positive one. This is MY review of Attack on Titan (thus my name being in the title and me being the creator of the thread).

Also, if that's all you have to say on my review, then you obviously TL;DR the entire thing. I don't only address the quality of the anime. I also address the plot, plot holes, and what is dragged out for no beneficial reason. So, no. I am not judging Attack on Titan because their anime quality is poor.

Please, next time you make a comment on one of my things (post, topics, whatever), fully read it and understand what you are replying to. If you don't want to read it, then don't reply to it. It's that simple.

DearSweetAru said:
MadaraUchiha said:

Do you have ANY idea what a review is?

A review IS full of criticisms. I'm not giving a synopsis or a summary, which is typically unbiased. A review is 100% biased of whomever is posting the review. My opinion of Attack on Titan? It sucks balls. So, of course my review is going to be negative. If you would like to see a positive one, then you can feel free to write your own positive one. This is MY review of Attack on Titan (thus my name being in the title and me being the creator of the thread).

Also, if that's all you have to say on my review, then you obviously TL;DR the entire thing. I don't only address the quality of the anime. I also address the plot, plot holes, and what is dragged out for no beneficial reason. So, no. I am not judging Attack on Titan because their anime quality is poor.

Please, next time you make a comment on one of my things (post, topics, whatever), fully read it and understand what you are replying to. If you don't want to read it, then don't reply to it. It's that simple.
Okay, okay don't get all emo............And, btw, I did read the full post(so, maybe, from now on, you can stop making such pre-suppositions), and all I wanna say is that this review is kind of mis-leading...............You are saying that it has a lot of plot-holes, without thinking about the fact that the anime has not ended yet(Oh, and please don't tell the obvious now)...............And, btw, please learn to digest when someone disaggrees with your opinion.................

I will have to agree with u on the most part
especially in the first few eps, where eren is just shouting how he would get back at the titans
he is just sulking for 2 eps before he joins the academy thing

but there are some scenes that are sad(their mother being eaten) and animation is brilliant imo
mikasa and levi are badass , eren is shit

overall ,it is a good anime and worth the watch imo
but it doesn't deserve the hype it has

Back