Attack on titan review

hawkeye_mihawk

Title: shingeki no kyojin
genre: Action,Drama,Fantasy,Shounen,Super Power

MAl ratings: 8.9

it's great anime to watch,I really enjoyed it

share ur ratings here

I enjoyed it :D
The animation and story was great but the 25th episode wasn't that satisfying for me..So i am going to start reading manga soon :D

So 8.5/10

Attack On Titan is a great anime with epic soundtrack collection but....I'll have to agree with Mansi14..

Production I.G Studio made the 25th episode looked like ass compare to the manga.. It took a fillerish route at the end and becuz of that move.. Season 2 is impossible lol..

Overall my rating would be: 8.8/10

Mansi14 said:
The animation and story was great but the 25th episode wasn't that satisfying for me..So i am going to start reading manga soon :D

So 8.5/10

Did you watch the clip after the ending song gets over?

MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:

So 8.5/10

Yeah i did. But I think it felt incomplete :/

Is there gonna be episode 26? ,_,

Mansi14 said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:

So 8.5/10

some people say that there is going to be second season,maybe they are rumours but we should wait for the news .

Yes the story is incomplete.

soap said:
Mansi14 said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:

So 8.5/10

some people say that there is going to be second season,maybe they are rumours but we should wait for the news .

I know that....I know that the manga is still going on...
I am planning to read sometime soon....don't know when though..

Mansi14 said:
soap said:
Mansi14 said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:

So 8.5/10

I know that....I know that the manga is still going on...
I am planning to read sometime soon....don't know when though..
busy girl

Mansi14 said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:

So 8.5/10

Considering the fact the SNK was the best selling manga this year, selling more than 8 million copies, I guess there will certainly be a second season........

I will give it 9.1/10..................
re-watch value : High
anime had a great flow and sequence of the held events..........
among my list of legendary animes...................
about the ending........................it wasn't that much bad moreover its better than many animes........

Attack-on-Titan-clothes.jpg
[/align]
So, I finally got myself to finish that. I actually left it there with only a handful of episodes left for a few months because I didn't really care.

Honestly? I think I would have enjoyed the anime more if it was not for the hype and people constantly insisting there was so many "feels" from characters dying. If I had gone into it blindly I probably would have thought higher of it than I do now. I like the idea of it, definitely. I feel it had potential to be great, but just... fell short. A lot. It fell short numerous times and had inconsistencies here and there like many things.

WARNING FROM HERE ON THERE MAY WILL BE SPOILERS
Despite being heavily focused on fighting there were numerous times where they sorely lacked in their animation for it. They would put heavy emphasis for animation in certain scenes and just not give a shit for others. 

Certain parts were dragged out for unnecessary reasons. I should not have to watch Eren carry a bloody fuckin' boulder for several episodes. "And in this episode... EREN WALKS TO THE BOULDER," "And in this episode... EREN IS NEAR THE BOULDER," "And in this episode... EREN TOUCHES THE BOULDER," "And in this episode... EREN PICKS OF THE BOULDER," "And in this episode... EREN FINALLY BLOCKS THE HOLE WITH THE BOULDER." Oh, and, ya know, a bunch of side characters that we knew by name but had no real connections towards died in the process of him picking up said boulder. There's that too.

Several episodes were like this. Split up into numerous parts for no real reason other than to make the series span more episodes. There wasn't much of a buildup towards it. The parts they could have used as buildup they didn't, for whatever reason.

At some points I felt for Mikasa, who they obviously wanted you to feel hardcore for. I kinda stopped caring whenever Eren died, because I knew it was gonna be like anime before it where it's like, "OH MAIN DUDE IS DEAD... not really lol." They did this at least twice. I only kinda felt bad just because Mikasa was sad, but even then the results did not shock me.

Eventually they put some more emphasis on characters you should care for as he becomes more part of the Scout Regiment than he was prior. When one of those characters died I felt bad, especially when it was brought up to their leader dude later and even he was mortified over her death. Still, I didn't feel for it like I could have if character development and introductions were done more properly.

I do like that people were constantly dying, since that is realistic for such a setting. However, it was side characters you don't give two shits about. "OH NO SOMEONE DIED... wait... who was that guy again?"

Then eventually they introduce the female Titan. The oh so elusive female Titan. Immediately I was like, "Is that Annie?" (though by this point I forgot her name, so it was more like, "Is i that one chick who has the nose like the cool monster from HunterxHunter?") They didn't really make her much different from Annie... at all. At least with Eren's titan he could easily be mistaken for plenty of the black-haired guys there, but not the female Titan.

I just watched it being like, "Please be someone else. Please be someone else. Don't be obvious. Come on, don't be obvious. Redeam yourself." Nope.

And of course the main cast remains alive the entire time.

I've been informed the manga is better, but even then I've been told my time would be better to put into new anime.​

If that's your reply to it, then I really don't feel like you read it at all lol My entire review is, more or less, bashing Attack on Titan and saying all of the flaws with it. The only aspect of it I list as good would be when I state its original premise was interesting, but, overall, the entire series fell short. I can't judge the manga, as I have not read it, but your reply doesn't really make sense with what I said. Especially with mentioning fight scenes, since that's an aspect I felt was sorely lacking.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You can like it all you want. I just don't feel your reply is really befitting of anything I stated.

I honestly disagree with it being worth a watch by any anime fan. There are a lot of other anime out there that are far better than Attack on Titan. It really doesn't deserve the hype it has.

I was sure about the titan being Annie too =) When the female titan first appeared though people had some doubts about her identity, I remember there were some arguments about that. But I agree, it was a bit too obvious.

When the series was airing I talked with a guy who loved that they put all those little tragedies of nameless soldiers in there. I think for him it was not about the emotional strike of seeing a character dying, but about having a somewhat realistic portrayal of secondary characters, soldiers that have to be there, who would not earn any fame or glory and die a horrible death. So for him it was easier to go through those long arcs with endless fighting that did not progress the overall plot. I am just saying, maybe they intended it to be this way.

When Levi's girlfriend died and later her body was lost too, so he couldn't even give her a proper burial, I felt those were emotionally strong events. I'd go as far as to say we did not need to know Levi better in order for this death to leave greater impact. If I remember right this was the first time Levi shown the vulnerable side of his character, this was the first time he gave as a hint that somewhere inside he can be loving and kind. And the power of this small revelation was magnified by the loss he experienced. This is was probably my favorite moment in the whole anime =)

Back