Are we cursed to have good action anime with girl main character only once in a decade or two?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
what do you think?
we don't get many good female lead action anime or is it just me who feels that way?

There’s a lot of action anime with good female leads. Expand your knowledge of what’s out there. A lot of these shows are pretty popular, so you have to be under a rock to not know.

There’s a lot of action anime with good female leads. Expand your knowledge of what’s out there. A lot of these shows are pretty popular, so you have to be under a rock to not know.
i am not talking about being a support character or one in a group.
a story focused on them and them alone.

Most of the popular authors are male. It's not a surprise to not get any over powered female lead character often.
Try not to look at the gender of the characters.

Most of the popular authors are male. It's not a surprise to not get any over powered female lead character often.
Try not to look at the gender of the characters.
It has less to do with the authors being male, but more so the fact that a lot of popular shows are in the shonen demographic.

You guys love making this thread over and over, but change one word, and the answer never changes. You guys repeatedly whine about how your teenage boy anime isn’t catering to an adult woman.

If an adult male cried about how anime in the shojo demographic isn’t catering to him, everyone would laugh at how much of a dumbass he is, but somehow it’s okay for an adult woman to cry about how the shonen demographic isn’t catered to them.

Maybe you guys should not only expand your anime horizons, but also topic ideas. Before this topic got recycled monthly, but now it feels even more like when you struggle for topic ideas, you go guys go “let’s make another thread about why my shonen anime isn’t catering to an adult woman”.

It has less to do with the authors being male, but more so the fact that a lot of popular shows are in the shonen demographic.

You guys love making this thread over and over, but change one word, and the answer never changes. You guys repeatedly whine about how your teenage boy anime isn’t catering to an adult woman.

If an adult male cried about how anime in the shojo demographic isn’t catering to him, everyone would laugh at how much of a dumbass he is, but somehow it’s okay for an adult woman to cry about how the shonen demographic isn’t catered to them.

Maybe you guys should not only expand your anime horizons, but also topic ideas. Before this topic got recycled monthly, but now it feels even more like when you struggle for topic ideas, you go guys go “let’s make another thread about why my shonen anime isn’t catering to an adult woman”.
i will just ask one question grungie.
then what's the genre or demographic term to get adult female over powered battle characters? do you know the term?

i will just ask one question grungie.
then what's the genre or demographic term to get adult female over powered battle characters? do you know the term?
That can cover several genres, though isekais are pretty notorious for having OP protagonists.

That can cover several genres, though isekais are pretty notorious for having OP protagonists.
let's not talk about being one in many like mikasa or asuka.
i am just referring to female protagonists that are actual protagonists in their own universes just like luffy, naruto, ichigo.
the only people i know are lina from slayers, balsa from seirei no moribito

let's not talk about being one in many like mikasa or asuka.
i am just referring to female protagonists that are actual protagonists in their own universes just like luffy, naruto, ichigo.
the only people i know are lina from slayers, balsa from seirei no moribito
Maybe you should learn what you’re talking about before you start bitching to me. There’s tons of action series, and isekais where they are the actual main character, and some of them are all female (or mostly female) cast. Seeing that out of the swarm of indesputable female lead characters, and you can only name two shows really shows how uneducated and restricted you are on shows that are available.

Hell, even Shonen Jump has series where the actual main character is a female, but I guess it’s easy to make the same thread once a month, and respond “lol tee hee”. It’s really frustrating seeing this same topic over and over, and I give you the same answers over and over, and I get “lol tee hee” or “that doesn’t count” because the question you typed is completely different from the one you’re asking for.

It's not my intention to defend Dark angel but I do feel that there aren't enough battle female protagonists in anime. As Darkangel mentioned, you do find them as support characters but that universe doesn't revolve around them. If you feel that having strong female characters in slice of life, shoujo and battle shounen is the same, then I feel that, there is a gap in our expectations here

Maybe you should learn what you’re talking about before you start bitching to me. There’s tons of action series, and isekais where they are the actual main character, and some of them are all female (or mostly female) cast. Seeing that out of the swarm of indesputable female lead characters, and you can only name two shows really shows how uneducated and restricted you are on shows that are available.

Hell, even Shonen Jump has series where the actual main character is a female, but I guess it’s easy to make the same thread once a month, and respond “lol tee hee”. It’s really frustrating seeing this same topic over and over, and I give you the same answers over and over, and I get “lol tee hee” or “that doesn’t count” because the question you typed is completely different from the one you’re asking for.
then i won't back down and don't think i am being rude because you wanted straight answers.
like rinko said, where are the actual female protagonists? if you think the strong characters like asuka, mikasa, erza, boa, they are strong but they are not the protagonists and i kept telling you there is a difference. if you can't get it even after all this time, then just never mind.
https://animemotivation.com/best-female-anime-protagonist/
this is the list that fits for what i am looking for but there aren't many anime. i never said, there aren't many strong female characters but i only said there aren't many strong female protagonists.
i never said, there are no anime with strong female protagonists. i just said there aren't many. not enough for me. now tell me, what exactly is still confusing for you

Looks like you are looking for female centric anime and you don't see that much in Shonen as it's directed towards 'young boys' and 'young girls' like something else rather than superheroes. As you are looking for something different from what the demographic audience wants, it's no wonder there aren't many anime.

It's not my intention to defend Dark angel but I do feel that there aren't enough battle female protagonists in anime. As Darkangel mentioned, you do find them as support characters but that universe doesn't revolve around them. If you feel that having strong female characters in slice of life, shoujo and battle shounen is the same, then I feel that, there is a gap in our expectations here
I didn’t say anything about slice of life and shojo. I was strictly talking about you guys making countless threads whining about how your shonen anime (which is catered to teenage boys) isn’t catering to an adult woman. The shojo part is because I said I’d get laughed at for being an adult male for crying about how shojo anime isn’t catering to me, an adult man, but it’s apparently okay for adult women to repeatedly whine about how your teenage boy anime isn’t catering to adult women.

There’s a ton of action series starring female characters as the main character, but it seems like you guys either live under a rock, or just refuse to get out of the rock and would just rather whine about it all the time.
then i won't back down and don't think i am being rude because you wanted straight answers.
like rinko said, where are the actual female protagonists? if you think the strong characters like asuka, mikasa, erza, boa, they are strong but they are not the protagonists and i kept telling you there is a difference. if you can't get it even after all this time, then just never mind.
https://animemotivation.com/best-female-anime-protagonist/
this is the list that fits for what i am looking for but there aren't many anime. i never said, there aren't many strong female characters but i only said there aren't many strong female protagonists.
i never said, there are no anime with strong female protagonists. i just said there aren't many. not enough for me. now tell me, what exactly is still confusing for you
I’ve told you in the past, but you either end “lol tee hee”, or you asked a very specific question and I answered it, and then you completely forgot what you typed and whined how I didn’t answer your completely different question that wasn’t even asked, and then you “lol tee hee” it off like I misinterpreted it.

Yes, there are tons of action series with strong female protagonists as the lead character, but it seems much easier for you to just sit around and make countless threads whining about it.

Actually go look it up and escape the rock you live under. There are more than one action series that drops each season that fits your criteria, but these (according to you), magically do not exist as you are completely oblivious to any of them. A lot of these are either really, or fairly popular, so it really shows that you live under a rock if you think these are such a rarity.

Seeing how we’ve had this conversation countless times, and other things you repeatedly do, you’re going to revert back to square one and forget anything previously said and act like we’ve never had this conversation before.

I didn’t say anything about slice of life and shojo. I was strictly talking about you guys making countless threads whining about how your shonen anime (which is catered to teenage boys) isn’t catering to an adult woman. The shojo part is because I said I’d get laughed at for being an adult male for crying about how shojo anime isn’t catering to me, an adult man, but it’s apparently okay for adult women to repeatedly whine about how your teenage boy anime isn’t catering to adult women.

There’s a ton of action series starring female characters as the main character, but it seems like you guys either live under a rock, or just refuse to get out of the rock and would just rather whine about it all the time.

I’ve told you in the past, but you either end “lol tee hee”, or you asked a very specific question and I answered it, and then you completely forgot what you typed and whined how I didn’t answer your completely different question that wasn’t even asked, and then you “lol tee hee” it off like I misinterpreted it.

Yes, there are tons of action series with strong female protagonists as the lead character, but it seems much easier for you to just sit around and make countless threads whining about it.

Actually go look it up and escape the rock you live under. There are more than one action series that drops each season that fits your criteria, but these (according to you), magically do not exist as you are completely oblivious to any of them. A lot of these are either really, or fairly popular, so it really shows that you live under a rock if you think these are such a rarity.

Seeing how we’ve had this conversation countless times, and other things you repeatedly do, you’re going to revert back to square one and forget anything previously said and act like we’ve never had this conversation before.
i don't want to argue in this forum and i try to avoid confrontation. until now.
when i say i didn't know i don't want to be the b1tch who doesn't know what's going on. i watch battle anime(battle shonen like you put it) and i want that excitement with strong female leads. so where is that? i am b1tching here because i know there aren't many anime with strong female leads like battle shoujo. that's what i want. but the moment people use shoujo genre, it's all about romance, female cat fights but that's not what we want. we want strong female characters who wouldn't flinch like claire from claymore and the other characters in it. is that so hard to understand? you keep saying there are anime but that probably fits what your version of strong female leads are all about but not for me.
i want a badass female character in anime and that anime should be all about that female character only. i don't see 'such anime' everywhere unlike battle shounen. that's what make me whine. you get it now? or do you think it's still unclear? i keep saying mikasa and others are fine and they are strong but the anime is not entirely about them. there are strong female leads but if there are no good fights and no good excitement and with subpar skills, it might impress guys but for girls, it's insulting. you probably can't understand it but try to think of that for shonen. what if someone says shonen is about cat fights and no serious fights? what if you get male characters as leads in shoujo genre. isn't that not cool?
if you still don't get it, forget it.

i don't want to argue in this forum and i try to avoid confrontation. until now.
when i say i didn't know i don't want to be the b1tch who doesn't know what's going on. i watch battle anime(battle shonen like you put it) and i want that excitement with strong female leads. so where is that? i am b1tching here because i know there aren't many anime with strong female leads like battle shoujo. that's what i want. but the moment people use shoujo genre, it's all about romance, female cat fights but that's not what we want. we want strong female characters who wouldn't flinch like claire from claymore and the other characters in it. is that so hard to understand? you keep saying there are anime but that probably fits what your version of strong female leads are all about but not for me.
i want a badass female character in anime and that anime should be all about that female character only. i don't see 'such anime' everywhere unlike battle shounen. that's what make me whine. you get it now? or do you think it's still unclear? i keep saying mikasa and others are fine and they are strong but the anime is not entirely about them. there are strong female leads but if there are no good fights and no good excitement and with subpar skills, it might impress guys but for girls, it's insulting. you probably can't understand it but try to think of that for shonen. what if someone says shonen is about cat fights and no serious fights? what if you get male characters as leads in shoujo genre. isn't that not cool?
if you still don't get it, forget it.
Looks like you read absolutely nothing I typed earlier. There are multiple action shows that air each season with strong female protagonists. The fact that there are multiple shows that drop in all 4 seasons each year, and these are either really popular, or fairly popular, so that shows that you are completely oblivious to all of these, and it looks like you're just refusing to pop your head out of your rock.

It's much easier to sit in your rock with hands over your ears going "la la la, this doesn't exist", because it's significantly easier to cry about this once a month than actually do anything about it. You seem hellbent on acting like I don't know what I'm talking about, but you look really dumb when you also don't put any effort to prove me wrong.

>this totally doesn't exist
>refuses to show proof
>refuses to do actual research

It also looks really dumb when I've repeatedly said they're the lead protagonist of the show, and you repeatedly act like I'm talking about side characters. Me saying several times in this thread where they are the actual lead character (and shows where there aren't many prominent male characters) clearly must mean I'm talking about Erza from Fairy Tail.

It feels like if you can't find it within the first 3 links on Google, obviously it must be fake and I'm just being an asshole about this. It's really embarrassing for you when I can find out you're full of shit in less than 5 minutes from a single Google search, and you're sitting there with your hands on your ears.

Let's make an example out of a hypothetical situation. Because this is how it feels to deal with you on a regular basis for this topic:

You have a flat tire, but you don't know where to get a new one. There's countless auto shops and even Walmart sells tires, but you keep going "lol tee hee, those don't exist. Walmart doesn't sell tires". Then one month later you make another thread whining about how your tire is still flat. Repeat conversation.

You do this monthly. Why bother helping if you're going to just sit in the corner with your hands over your ears? I feel like I'm talking to someone who keeps touching the hot stove and whines about getting burned, but never understands that a hot stove burns. I keep telling you the same thing over and over and over for multiple things you do, but you never learn. You just reset and revert back to "lol tee hee".

So how about you sit down and actually read what I typed for once in your life?

Looks like you read absolutely nothing I typed earlier. There are multiple action shows that air each season with strong female protagonists. The fact that there are multiple shows that drop in all 4 seasons each year, and these are either really popular, or fairly popular, so that shows that you are completely oblivious to all of these, and it looks like you're just refusing to pop your head out of your rock.

It's much easier to sit in your rock with hands over your ears going "la la la, this doesn't exist", because it's significantly easier to cry about this once a month than actually do anything about it. You seem hellbent on acting like I don't know what I'm talking about, but you look really dumb when you also don't put any effort to prove me wrong.

>this totally doesn't exist
>refuses to show proof
>refuses to do actual research

It also looks really dumb when I've repeatedly said they're the lead protagonist of the show, and you repeatedly act like I'm talking about side characters. Me saying several times in this thread where they are the actual lead character (and shows where there aren't many prominent male characters) clearly must mean I'm talking about Erza from Fairy Tail.

It feels like if you can't find it within the first 3 links on Google, obviously it must be fake and I'm just being an asshole about this. It's really embarrassing for you when I can find out you're full of shit in less than 5 minutes from a single Google search, and you're sitting there with your hands on your ears.

Let's make an example out of a hypothetical situation. Because this is how it feels to deal with you on a regular basis for this topic:

You have a flat tire, but you don't know where to get a new one. There's countless auto shops and even Walmart sells tires, but you keep going "lol tee hee, those don't exist. Walmart doesn't sell tires". Then one month later you make another thread whining about how your tire is still flat. Repeat conversation.

You do this monthly. Why bother helping if you're going to just sit in the corner with your hands over your ears? I feel like I'm talking to someone who keeps touching the hot stove and whines about getting burned, but never understands that a hot stove burns. I keep telling you the same thing over and over and over for multiple things you do, but you never learn. You just reset and revert back to "lol tee hee".

So how about you sit down and actually read what I typed for once in your life?
i did read it but i don't think you are getting what i am trying to point out. are my words so bizarre? let me try again. i want intense battle with overpowered female characters. is that clear enough now? and no i don't think erza counts as a strong female lead from what i have been looking for. if you think she fits what i am looking for, then it's clear you are not getting what i am trying to point out.

these are my requirements to make it clear and simple
1. the strong should revolve around that female character alone ( like naruto in naruto, luffy in one piece)
2. they should continuously evolve themselves with better moves
3. they should have insane action moves that could put you in awe and no support characters with so much screen time wouldn't count.

if you still don't get it, forget it. pretend we never had this conversation. and i do read whatever you are replying and i don't think it's my lack of understanding this time

i did read it but i don't think you are getting what i am trying to point out. are my words so bizarre? let me try again. i want intense battle with overpowered female characters. is that clear enough now? and no i don't think erza counts as a strong female lead from what i have been looking for. if you think she fits what i am looking for, then it's clear you are not getting what i am trying to point out.

these are my requirements to make it clear and simple
1. the strong should revolve around that female character alone ( like naruto in naruto, luffy in one piece)
2. they should continuously evolve themselves with better moves
3. they should have insane action moves that could put you in awe and no support characters with so much screen time wouldn't count.

if you still don't get it, forget it. pretend we never had this conversation. and i do read whatever you are replying and i don't think it's my lack of understanding this time
You're clearly not understanding, because you aren't reading what I'm telling you. You are either dodging or ignoring what I've typed out several types before in this very thread by how there are multiple shows that air every season that fit your criteria. The female leads in these shows are undeniably the main character of these shows, and a lot of them don't even have major male characters.

That apparently must be incredibly difficult for you to understand, or you're willingly ignoring it. Since you repeatedly ignore that statement and keep going "ERZA AND MIKASA DON'T COUNT!!!!" really proves my point that you're just putting your hands to your ears going "la la la la la that doesn't exist".

You claim that you're reading everything that I post, but since you keep ignoring it and repeating your comment that's been addressed several times does not show that you're reading it. You essentially lied that you read the warning label, and then immediately ignored what the warning label said and fucked up what it warned you about.

You're clearly not understanding, because you aren't reading what I'm telling you. You are either dodging or ignoring what I've typed out several types before in this very thread by how there are multiple shows that air every season that fit your criteria. The female leads in these shows are undeniably the main character of these shows, and a lot of them don't even have major male characters.

That apparently must be incredibly difficult for you to understand, or you're willingly ignoring it. Since you repeatedly ignore that statement and keep going "ERZA AND MIKASA DON'T COUNT!!!!" really proves my point that you're just putting your hands to your ears going "la la la la la that doesn't exist".

You claim that you're reading everything that I post, but since you keep ignoring it and repeating your comment that's been addressed several times does not show that you're reading it. You essentially lied that you read the warning label, and then immediately ignored what the warning label said and fucked up what it warned you about.
what you are not getting is, they don't have enough super powers like luffy or naruto or some other mainstream battle anime.
and you keep saying i don't do research. so let me show you. if i type strong female lead anime, i am getting screenrant, gamerant and otaskusmart in my searches as the top 3 hits.
and if i go to the lists, i have the promised never land, nana , chuhayafuru, and bloody hell even fruits basket and they are not overpowered female leads. and i don't get why you don't see the overpowered keyword i have typed over and over.
overpowered at least in their anime universe not just mentally but physically too.

what you are not getting is, they don't have enough super powers like luffy or naruto or some other mainstream battle anime.
and you keep saying i don't do research. so let me show you. if i type strong female lead anime, i am getting screenrant, gamerant and otaskusmart in my searches as the top 3 hits.
and if i go to the lists, i have the promised never land, nana , chuhayafuru, and bloody hell even fruits basket and they are not overpowered female leads. and i don't get why you don't see the overpowered keyword i have typed over and over.
overpowered at least in their anime universe not just mentally but physically too.
Maybe you should look at something else besides that, as you’re clearly not searching in the right places. This stuff isn’t hidden, and you’re ignoring where I’m talking about all of these anime that air every season that you’re either oblivious to searching, or refusing to look up.

It’s much easier to keep your head in the rock and go “lalala this doesn’t exist, you don’t know what you’re talking about, lalala”. I also called you out for only looking at the first links on Google and you’re admitting that’s the only work you did. You’re admitting that you’re too lazy to actually try anything else. Put some actual work into trying to prove me wrong instead of crying about it and pretending like I don’t know what I’m talking about with your head under a rock.

It’s pretty sad that I’m watching the second season of a show that’s currently airing that features not one, but two overpowered female characters steamrolling everything, and the lead girl gets more OP with new abilities every battle, and it’s a very popular show, but since you’ve never heard of it, it’s obviously the most obscure thing to ever exist.

Back