Anime with too many deaths

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
Except for bokurano, akame ga kill, I don't know any other anime.
Do you know any anime with too many deaths?
May be another anime comes into this category too I suppose

With Bokurano it was justified. The anime maintained a bleak throughout. Akame ga Kill pretty much became a joke for me, with the amount of deaths it had. Other than that, I can't thnk of anything. I mean, kill la kill and hellsing ultimate have a lot of deaths too, but they are secondary characters for the most part.

What do you mean too many? And is it important characters or just nameless background people?

I'd say elfen lied hoowee i'm not a fan of gore manga/anime but this one's an exception i loved it.

It's hard finding a anime these days that they actually skillfully use death. For me the best is Hellsing Ultimate in both terms of cast and overall for the series.

Deaths are pretty common in anime, aye? A lot mainstream or famous anime have those like Death note and Attack on Titan, or is that not "too" many?

MadaraUchiha said:
With Bokurano it was justified. The anime maintained a bleak throughout. Akame ga Kill pretty much became a joke for me, with the amount of deaths it had. Other than that, I can't thnk of anything. I mean, kill la kill and hellsing ultimate have a lot of deaths too, but they are secondary characters for the most part.
BurnsyCEO said:
What do you mean too many? And is it important characters or just nameless background people?
Too many deaths like akame ga kill
Important characters.

Ace said:
I'd say elfen lied hoowee i'm not a fan of gore manga/anime but this one's an exception i loved it.

Demon_skeith said:
It's hard finding a anime these days that they actually skillfully use death. For me the best is Hellsing Ultimate in both terms of cast and overall for the series.

I see. Thank you :D
Mansi14 said:
Deaths are pretty common in anime, aye? A lot mainstream or famous anime have those like Death note and Attack on Titan, or is that not "too" many?

Deaths are common but not that common. Death note have too many deaths.

I don't mind main characters dying, or characters dying in general. But the way in which it was done in that anime made it laughable and I was never able to take it seriously.

Future Diary is another one, although that's part of the premise, a last-man-standing fight between a number of candidates. So I am unsure if battle Royale like these fit the bill. Then again you guys mentioned Death Note, so I guess it is fine.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't mind main characters dying, or characters dying in general. But the way in which it was done in that anime made it laughable and I was never able to take it seriously.

Indeed..I never thought that pink haired girl would die.
I know the they are fighting for a cause.. But it seemed like a lost cause to me
Kaynil said:
Future Diary is another one, although that's part of the premise, a last-man-standing fight between a number of candidates. So I am unsure if battle Royale like these fit the bill. Then again you guys mentioned Death Note, so I guess it is fine.

I didn't watch future diary. I have dropped it after watching for a few minutes.
Later I got to know that.. The anime is crazy

Kaynil said:

it's got yandere who enjoys killing. it gave me the chills when i watched it. i don't want to watch such an anime soon

Star_Of_Hope said:
Indeed..I never thought that pink haired girl would die.
I know the they are fighting for a cause.. But it seemed like a lost cause to me

I didn't watch future diary. I have dropped it after watching for a few minutes.

SecretWish said:
it's got yandere who enjoys killing. it gave me the chills when i watched it. i don't want to watch such an anime soon

Star_Of_Hope said:
Hahaha. No surprise. It gets crazy.

SecretWish said:
Fair enough.

When I posted it I wasn't really thinking on it as a top recommendation.

I dunno how well it holds for the rewatch but I understand. I first hear of it because of the yandere memes and imagery floating around. It really caught my eye. Then I binged the mangas. Then I dived into the anime. I am sure I also left that video playing for hours, haha. It's so well made.

The other ine was the battle theme.

Kaynil said:
Hahaha. No surprise. It gets crazy.

Fair enough.

When I posted it I wasn't really thinking on it as a top recommendation.

I dunno how well it holds for the rewatch but I understand. I first hear of it because of the yandere memes and imagery floating around. It really caught my eye. Then I binged the mangas. Then I dived into the anime. I am sure I also left that video playing for hours, haha. It's so well made.

The other ine was the battle theme.

people don't always go for the best anime all times. many people recommend it but it's a psycho anime. if you can't stomach that, i wouldn't ever suggest it

I assume that it has considerable amount of gore then.
I will pass watching it for now, but somewhere in the future, I might watch it.

[quote="Mansi14" pid='103703' dateline='1534404504']

Riiiiiiiight? Didn't think anyone else from us would do it too XD 

Don't have any favourite right now, and I am highly negative about you seeing that video XD 

I was probably around 13-14 years old back then XD not too fascinated by gore anymore.
[/quote]

not a very small child but you were still a kid. yow shouldn't have seen them at that age. anime or anything for that matter would leave a lasting impression on a child's mind.

SecretWish said:
not a very small child but you were still a kid. yow shouldn't have seen them at that age. anime or anything for that matter would leave a lasting impression on a child's mind.

[quote="Mansi14" pid='103768' dateline='1534451826']

Wellllllllllll, it's okay now, isn't it? 
Also, I do like that anime even now xD
[/quote]

it's fine with me but there are surveys which says that chldren can become violent after watching anime or anything like that. i am not talking about you but in general sorry if you feel hurt

Back