Anime review : Bokurano

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
Wanted to make this ages ago but I thought this site was dead and I just remembered now.

Bokurano is a show that nobody seems to have heard off. I think its one of he most underrated animes ever. The entire anime revolves around tragedy and thus its not possible to make a review that doesn't spoil everything. Hell telling you what happens in the fist episode will spoil stuff so I have to be as cryptic as possible.

The story is about a group of 15 children/teens who follow their friend down into a cave where a stranger who asks them to play his "game??" where they have to pilot a giant robot one by one to defeat a "monster?". Is it only a game? Who or what are those enemies they need to defeat? Why can the whole world view their battle?

If there is one emotion that describes what you feel watching this anime,its despair. Its worse than what puella magi ever made me feel. Being chosen to pilot the robot "Zearth" is no gift,its a curse. But they have no choice but to get in as they learn what not doing so would mean when they learn what they are really fighting for. You can watch as our characters slowly get broken mentally and emotionally and how they find the resolve to step into the machine.

Considering the show is supposed to be about fighting robots, its art and fight scenes are nothing to look at. It's honestly quite poor if you compare it to the other anime that came out in the same year. But thats not why you watch bokurano. Its the story and characters,who will make you really feel like you're rooting for them till the end. The show also has one of the most unlikeable villain in any anime I've seen.

The opening of this show deserves special mention as I've never skipped it once. The music is hauntingly beautiful and it brings out the best of the show.Truly despicable.

You probably won't get a satisfactory answer in the end as to how and why the events in the anime are orchestrated and the explanation might leave you with just as many unanswered questions regarding the "masterminds". Who are they? why do they look like that? Why is the metric worth of a universe determined by the victor of a robot battle? Why are the pilots chosen unwillingly? The number of universes is supposed to be infinite......and infinity divided by any finite number is still infinity.......therefore after the culling process there would still be an infinite number of universes therefore achieving nothing.Therefore all I can conclude is that it was done for entertainment and the masterminds are just assholes.

But in my opinion it's no reason to not watch the show.

Another killing anime game story. It's just like go sick. Is it full of gore?

MadaraUchiha said:
Can you tell me the tone or the feel of the anime? Like, can you compare it with another one?

Thats a tough question. I mentioned madoka magica. I think angel beats and evangelion come close.

BurnsyCEO said:
Not at all.

The site is dead most of the time . Then I would take a look at it. I thought you were talking about baccano for a second.

I am thinking of watching this anime very soon. I hope it's similar to Tokyo ghoul and shiki a bit

BurnsyCEO said:
Well did you?

If you are asking about my statement about watching this anime then I would watch it after servamp. It's a cool anime

I finally finished this today (_ _)
Cried at the end of the last episode ;_; I don't even understand why. I never used to cry because of anime.
8.5/10 for it.

Mansi14 said:
I finally finished this today (_ _)
Cried at the end of the last episode ;_; I don't even understand why. I never used to cry because of anime.
8.5/10 for it.

Back