Anime Movie - Spirited Away

Mansi14 said:
Quite like Chopper I imagine XD

i don't know he even came up with that chopper idea. he doesn't really look like reindeer anymore.

Sebastian said:
i don't know he even came up with that chopper idea. he doesn't really look like reindeer anymore.
hqdefault.jpg

Sebastian said:
i don't get it my lady. how can oda behave like chopper or is it something else to do with the drawing?

It is reply to:
Nel said:
You mean odas art improved in time. He would does of embarrassment of he were to hear that

Mansi14 said:
It is reply to:
as my post was quoted in your reply, i thought the reply was for me. sometimes i can't keep up with quote mountains too.
oda's art improved my lady but i highly doubt he would ever get as good as another art

Sebastian said:
as my post was quoted in your reply, i thought the reply was for me. sometimes i can't keep up with quote mountains too.
oda's art improved my lady but i highly doubt he would ever get as good as another art
What does that even mean?

Sebastian said:

I didn't really see you I never this thread before you know (_ _)

One of the best animated films I've ever seen.
Every single frame brims with great visuals. There's just so much creativity, and detail, and I was transfixed.
I couldn't focus on anything but the animation. I just looked at the subtitles for like a fraction of a second and switched my eyes back to the visuals.
The music is just... great.
Each  character is unique, memorable, and is necessary to the story.

My only gripe is that Chihiro's face, and the girl who voices her don't exactly match. At least for me.

Overall, it's an excellent film with great visuals, music and characters.

Score: 9/10.

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='86096' dateline='1517685842']
One of the best animated films I've ever seen.
Every single frame brims with great visuals. There's just so much creativity, and detail, and I was transfixed.
I couldn't focus on anything but the animation. I just looked at the subtitles for like a fraction of a second and switched my eyes back to the visuals.
The music is just... great.
Each  character is unique, memorable, and is necessary to the story.

My only gripe is that Chihiro's face, and the girl who voices her don't exactly match. At least for me.

Overall, it's an excellent film with great visuals, music and characters.

Score: 9/10.
[/quote]

i didn't like the visuals and the way those parents turned into pigs. it's too superficial and reminded me a folk tale than an anime

yaoifangirl said:
i didn't like the visuals and the way those parents turned into pigs. it's too superficial and reminded me a folk tale than an anime

If exceptionally detailed hand-drawn meticulous creative colourful frames can't impress you, I don't know what will.
And, it was very sweet and imaginative for me, not superficial.

MadaraUchiha said:
If exceptionally detailed hand-drawn meticulous creative colourful frames can't impress you, I don't know what will.

Those are hand drawn and why won't I know it until now? I liked it a bit now now
@yaoifangirl folk tales are nice too

MadaraUchiha said:
Most movies and anime during(and before that time) were hand drawn.

Isn't spirited away a new movie? Now I have to consider this everything I watch anime or an anime movie

KuranKaname said:
Isn't spirited away a new movie? Now I have to consider this everything I watch anime or an anime movie

It's a 2001 movie, which is not new.
Most anime post-2000's are digital, and aren't hand-drawn or cell animated. And, almost every anime we see today is digitally animated.

MadaraUchiha said:

after watching other heavily cgi anime i can't say i liked it all that much even if there is more hardwork involved.

yaoifangirl said:
after watching other heavily cgi anime i can't say i liked it all that much even if there is more hardwork involved.

What CGI anime? Anime hardly uses CG.
And, yeah, opinions. I think this movie is great.

MadaraUchiha said:
What CGI anime? Anime hardly uses CG.
And, yeah, opinions. I think this movie is great.

people use Cgi too so i thought it's the same. i liked totoro better than this movie

yaoifangirl said:
people use Cgi too so i thought it's the same. i liked totoro better than this movie

No, CG is used sparsely. Like during the water transition scene in Your Name, etc.

MadaraUchiha said:
No, CG is used sparsely. Like during the water transition scene in Your Name, etc.

i thought it's being used extensively in new anime. otherwise it would be difficult to get such good animation and new graphics.

Back