xenforo software?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Optic said:
Hello @Kaynil, as the owner of a XenForo anime community I don't see why you would need to pay a third party to convert your MyBB database.

XenForo has an inbuilt MyBB converter:
https://xenforo.com/help/importing/

You are quite right though that it is a fair investment and add-ons are an extra expense, but don't feel you need to pay extra for conversion. The license also includes ticket support with XenForo..
Thanks for bringing this up. At the time of my post I ignored Xenforo had implemented converters for most of the popular forum scripts and it is cool Xf team actually include the support to help you sucessfully migrate the community.

Kaynil said:
Thanks for bringing this up. At the time of my post I ignored Xenforo had implemented converters for most of the popular forum scripts and it is cool Xf team actually include the support to help you sucessfully migrate the community.

So with 140$ we can migrate to it. I don't think it's a bad idea. Is it possible to lower the cost?

I like xenforo but other software are just meh. I don't mind vbulliten but I do mind other software

Can we get xenforo for 60$ the used version?

Nel said:
I like xenforo but other software are just meh. I don't mind vbulliten but I do mind other software

What do you mean by "used" version?

I agree about moving to a forum software like Xenforo or IPB or Vbulletin. It makes the forum look even more professional and you can do so much with the forum creativity wise.

I'm sort of sick of premium software (I use it all the time) and I think it's cool the owner sticks with MyBB. Anyway, I've not seen that MyBB is inferior to XenForo or anything else. Can anyone show specific reasons why MyBB is worse?

If you can afford it it's a nice option but I don't think it's necessary. It won't change anything other than the appearance.

We won't be moving from mybb as we got a good premium theme which is great with mobile devices. That's our major concern

Even if there is some consideration in moving, its kind of a bad choice right now as XF2 has just released. So most mods on XF1 are coming to an end/no longer being support and everyone is trying to make something new for a young XF2 software.

Nel said:

Anyway, the current MyBB theme is great. In fact, the mountains add to anime mystique (Japan mountains). However, a few images of anime are still needed.

Elvis said:
What kind of licenses?

XenForo and other ones.

I visited that forum. They don't even have a search feature. Do you have to register an account to be able to search the forums?

Elvis said:
I visited that forum. They don't even have a search feature. Do you have to register an account to be able to search the forums?

Are you talking about this forum?
In the menu options you can see that or there is also a quick search bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back