xenforo software?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sebastian

today i was talking to some peeps and found that xenforo looks can kill. the license one purchase is permanent even though it costs 140$. i can give you hand in that money and by default it is friendly with mobile users like me and even free theme are cool in this software.

will you peeps even think about this? @Claraviolet , @Star_Of_Hope , @MelloLily , @Ace ,@hawkeye_mihawk ,@smoker, @MadaraUchiha , @Sindar

it might be a good idea i do know a few forums that use xeno though it does have some issues people complain about sometimes though i never get any problems

I don't know what to say here.
140$ isn't that cheap and not to mention that moving to an entire different software isn't that great, at this point :(

This is a fucking nice idea.
Why don't you go with it and see where it leads?

Sindar said:
You should tag @Elvis here, he seems to know a lot about forum software.

i don't see him much these days man x(
i wouldn't know much about this but i want you peeps to consider them xD

I am a Xenforo user and while what sebastian says is true, it is something to thread with care. $140 is the cost for the license and one year of updates and customer service, after that every year is paying $50 dollars if you still want to get updates.

Other thing I found the hard way with Xenforo is the add-ons, in MyBB many you find them free, in Xenforo a lot of those add-ons might actually cost you and some might mean a yearly license fee. So if you go to Xenforo and want to pack things you need to be ready to shred more than $140. That said the software doesn't really 'need' any add-ons and those are just to increase functionality. Also there are some free add-ons around, so it is not like they are all paid ones.

another thing to consider is that to convert the database you might have to pay or find someone willing to do it. Also as a small possibility it could mean starting over if you can't convert for any reason.

Lastly, by changing software it means all the staff would have to get used to the new interface and the way Xenforo does things. You might miss things you take for granted here.

The way I see it though is that as it is you're already struggling to get by with the community, I don't think you should get another debt on top without thinking in through. However if you guys ever go through this, I am available if you need any kind of assistance to handle the admin interface after the transfer. I moved from MyBB to Xenforo and besides what I mentioned for the software itself I have no complains.

Kaynil said:
I am a Xenforo user and while what sebastian says is true, it is something to thread with care. $140 is the cost for the license and one year of updates and customer service, after that every year is paying $50 dollars if you still want to get updates.

Other thing I found the hard way with Xenforo is the add-ons, in MyBB many you find them free, in Xenforo a lot of those add-ons might actually cost you and some might mean a yearly license fee. So if you go to Xenforo and want to pack things you need to be ready to shred more than $140. That said the software doesn't really 'need' any add-ons and those are just to increase functionality. Also there are some free add-ons around, so it is not like they are all paid ones.

another thing to consider is that to convert the database you might have to pay or find someone willing to do it. Also as a small possibility it could mean starting over if you can't convert for any reason.

Lastly, by changing software it means all the staff would have to get used to the new interface and the way Xenforo does things. You might miss things you take for granted here.

The way I see it though is that as it is you're already struggling to get by with the community, I don't think you should get another debt on top without thinking in through. However if you guys ever go through this, I am available if you need any kind of assistance to handle the admin interface after the transfer. I moved from MyBB to Xenforo and besides what I mentioned for the software itself I have no complains.

If you moved to mybb to xenforo, did you lose anything during the process?
I have heard that lots of users lots their accounts here. I don't think any of us are willing it stat over if that happens.

Rukia said:
If you moved to mybb to xenforo, did you lose anything during the process?
I have heard that lots of users lots their accounts here. I don't think any of us are willing it start over if that happens.

that ain't no small money my man x(
i thought the look was nice but it is different and personally, i think a good theme will have to do. even admins don't have that much money but who am i to talk? i don't know them x(

I don't know what this is all about but what does the current thing lacks? It is easy to use and except for the mobile devices, everything is working out fine. So, why are you even bringing that up? @Kaynil already mentioned that it costs a ton. I don't think we need such a thing.

i should have known. now i feel like a fool x(
i don''t mind the current look and a bit of changes in the mobile theme, then everything would be complete.

MelloLily said:
Personally, I think spending money for convenience on a forum is a waste, especially 140.

Me too. We don't have that sort of free money to spend and also, importing costs another 250$,
I am against the whole idea.

I am sorry peeps. I should have thought before making this thread.
I am fine with the present things but can we get another skin?
MelloLily said:
Hear hear.

Thank you my lady xD
I won't hold back on my suggestions and care quite a bit about this community xD

Kaynil said:
So that means if moving to Xenforo my recommendation would be willing to collect around $500 dollars first: 300 for conversion + 200 for software and buffer money for add-ons or whatever else might come unexpectedly.
Hello @Kaynil, as the owner of a XenForo anime community I don't see why you would need to pay a third party to convert your MyBB database.

XenForo has an inbuilt MyBB converter:
https://xenforo.com/help/importing/

You are quite right though that it is a fair investment and add-ons are an extra expense, but don't feel you need to pay extra for conversion. The license also includes ticket support with XenForo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back