Why exactly do people hate damsels in distress in anime?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
Top Poster Of Month
i saw this in the other forum and wanted to see the answers here lol
and i don't like them because it's being overused in a lot of anime. so i don't like them lol

I don't like them as I feel they need to standup for themselves instead of requesting help from others all the time.
That's not correct.

I don't like them as I feel they need to standup for themselves instead of requesting help from others all the time.
That's not correct.
wow star. that's cool
and yeah i understand that feeling too as a woman but i don't hate them a lot lol

wow star. that's cool
and yeah i understand that feeling too as a woman but i don't hate them a lot lol
Well, I do watch a lot of mainstream anime and this setting is quite common in them.
Hate is a strong word so let's just go with dislike :D

Well, I do watch a lot of mainstream anime and this setting is quite common in them.
Hate is a strong word so let's just go with dislike :D
lol got it
are you watching anything star? after diamond no ace i don't see you watching much

that's cool star.
and i am still watching diamond no ace and i plan to pick up attack on titan
I haven't watched Attack on Titan so far.
May be I will pick it up as well. I have been thinking of watching Boku no hero academia but I can watch it after AOT

I haven't watched Attack on Titan so far.
May be I will pick it up as well. I have been thinking of watching Boku no hero academia but I can watch it after AOT
cool star
and don't pick aot for me. it will take me a lot of time to complete diamond no ace lol

That reminds me, I will have to watch Diamond no ace season 3 as well.
I will watch that first :D
cool and no spoilers for me please
sometimes i spoil the fun myself as i google the winners. it's hard for me to take the excitement lol

cool and no spoilers for me please
sometimes i spoil the fun myself as i google the winners. it's hard for me to take the excitement lol
I have done that as well :D
Not all the time, but I just googles whether Seido would win or not at the end.

I have done that as well :D
Not all the time, but I just googles whether Seido would win or not at the end.
lol then it's not just me
i feel so relieved and happy lol. i want to see the rest of the seasons too but it's a long series

lol then it's not just me
i feel so relieved and happy lol. i want to see the rest of the seasons too but it's a long series
Yes it's long.
The first season is close to 75 episodes and the other seasons have more than 100 episodes and it's hard to complete them in one go.

Yes it's long.
The first season is close to 75 episodes and the other seasons have more than 100 episodes and it's hard to complete them in one go.
yes lol
and i have been trying a lot to complete the series but i can't skip any part or episodes

You can take a quick break from it.
If you want to pick something else, go ahead. I don't think anyone else is watching this series anyway
i don't want to take the break star.
if i take a break i might not pick it up again as it's long but i will complete it soon

Some people get bored when they see a trope overused. Also the characters themselves can be either useless and/or annoying.

Some people get bored when they see a trope overused. Also the characters themselves can be either useless and/or annoying.
When they are important enough they don't have to fight personally man. If they are born in an important family, they would get many people under them to lead those fights. Only exception I found was in Black butler but even then Ciel never fought personally.

Back