Why do people hate overpowered anime characters?

Rika

Every mangaka wants their protagonist to stand at the top after going through many hardships and this is the crux of all the anime story lines. I haven't seen any other plotline no matter the genre. Be it sports, fantasy, slice of life, at the very end, the protagonist will be the star. So why is it so hard for others to accept them at the end?

It’s like I mentioned in your other thread, people enjoy a good underdog story, and want to see the character struggle a bit. People enjoy a good underdog story.

After watching some isekai’s with stupidly overpowered characters, it’s a fun novelty for a bit, but gets boring after a few episodes.

It’s like I mentioned in your other thread, people enjoy a good underdog story, and want to see the character struggle a bit. People enjoy a good underdog story.

After watching some isekai’s with stupidly overpowered characters, it’s a fun novelty for a bit, but gets boring after a few episodes.
I am referring to the haters mostly here. When the ending is so obvious, I don't get why people tend to make a big deal of OP characters at the end, when they think those characters deserve the world, at the beginning.

I am referring to the haters mostly here. When the ending is so obvious, I don't get why people tend to make a big deal of OP characters at the end, when they think those characters deserve the world, at the beginning.
I don’t get what you’re trying to say here.

I think the hate also stems from either poor writing, or the character is written for a comedy where the joke is that they’re OP. So it’s hard to take seriously when those are basically the only two options.

Outside of the joke characters, the serious ones also tend to have attributes that make them unlikable. Not only do we have an OP character, but every girl he meets falls in love with him, and he’s a rich asshole etc.

It’s similar to why male harem protagonists don’t really have a good reputation. The characterization of them tends to make them unlikable. They’re usually a bumbling buffoon, or a spineless coward.

Last edited:
i don't like them
why can't the protagonists be 'one' of the best? why do they need to be at the top?

Back