Why do people feel that subbed versions are superior to dubbed versions in anime?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
Is it because of the time, it takes for the dubbed version to get released?
What are your thoughts on this? I often see people arguing about the voice actors as well.

Most probably so.
Usually we don't get dubbed versions right away like the subbed ones

Nothing is superior and it's up to people to pick one of those episodes to watch the story. Some would pick the subbed ones as they are frequently released and some would pick the dubbed ones as they feel, they would miss out on moments while they read the subtitles.

People are always finding different ways to gatekeep people out of fandoms, or do a fan check, because you will never be a bigger fan than I am.

Every hobby has their annoying parts where people get too worked up over things that nobody else cares about. I collect vinyl records and people get livid if you bought one from Walmart. Sure we both own the same exact pressing, but I can’t be a part of your club because I didn’t buy that album from a mom and pop store.

I remember people on MAL getting butthurt over users not using the correct software to watch their anime. God forbid you installed VLC.

Subbed a lot of the times just has better voice work than other dubs of the anime, not always the case but there are some japanese VAs that can't be beat.

It's because until recently like in the last 10 years most dubs especially English ones were very shoddily done. terrible translations and very badly done voice acting done by actors whose voices did not remotely match the characters. It was so bad that often the fan done dubs were of much higher quality.

It's because until recently like in the last 10 years most dubs especially English ones were very shoddily done. terrible translations and very badly done voice acting done by actors whose voices did not remotely match the characters. It was so bad that often the fan done dubs were of much higher quality.
thanks so much for this post kaden.
when i say something about the translation people would often di$$ me for not accepting a word can have more than one meaning and i shouldn't be picky

Back