Why Anime is so popular?

Mr.Panos

Nowadays, many people from a wide variety of countries watch Anime. Why do all these people enjoy watching Japanese TV Shows?
Personally, I believe that Anime has recently been so famous because of its difference and its innovation. Most of the Japanese TV Shows are innovative and their plot is totally unique. Moreover, I think that if someone is interested in learning the Japanese language, (s)he should definitely watch them in order to improve her/his language skills! I used to do the same with the Spanish language!

Mr.Panos said:
Nowadays, many people from a wide variety of countries watch Anime. Why do all these people enjoy watching Japanese TV Shows?
Personally, I believe that Anime has recently been so famous because of its difference and its innovation. Most of the Japanese TV Shows are innovative and their plot is totally unique. Moreover, I think that if someone is interested in learning the Japanese language, (s)he should definitely watch them in order to improve her/his language skills! I used to do the same with the Spanish language!

yeah....that's true.....its the best way to improve language skills ......but most of the people watching anime .....they watch maybe because....of the story plot.....or ....because of the anime being more imaginative than movies....as what cannot be achieved in movies....can be achieved in anime through good animation....and graphics,....and...in my country.....most of the movies are bullshit......and...well...that's why i chose anime over movies....and....why japan..?..u say...well......its because....all other animation are meant for mostly children.....while japanese ones vary from children to adults.......;)

They don't restrict their audience to children alone.................And that is why, many anime's out there are better than most of the movies...........

personally, Its not like I only watch animes.........I do watch western animated cartoons like:-
  • The Legend of Korra
  • The last airbender or the Legend of Aang
  • Young Justice
  • Johnny Test
  • Not to forget the classics like:-
  • kids next door
  • powerpuff girls
  • Dexter's Laboratory etc.....
Among them The Legend of Korra and The Legend of Aang or The Last Airbender are Legendary..........
But in anime world I find tons of legendary anime like Death Note, Code Geass, FMAB,Atack on Titan, Steins Gate, Kuroko no Basuke, Gintama and lots there..........
so more audience is found watching animes................
moreover art and graphics also unique in animes..................

I guess it would be story and design of characters :)

I love watching anime because it makes me relieve my stress and I think its better than watching movies

I think its because people enjoy a good story and good characters. Today, so many TV shows are poorly written and executed.

This, end thread :p

Its not really as popular in other places as it is in Japan, but anime does pretty well. Most likely because it can be about anything with little restriction.

I think it's because the Japanese writers are really, really good. They do a pretty good job of designing characters, etc. Also, for some reason, many countries have decided that animated TV is for children, so the American writers at least don't really bother with the format, even though you can do spectacular things with animation that you can't do with live actors. Animated TV for adults is a market which the Japanese seem to have created (not counting comedy shows like South Park) and it's a market which can succeed in more countries than just Japan (although that's probably where most of the money is).

I honestly have wondered this myself, so thank you for the answers you all have provided.
I don't know. I don't watch anime and I guess I've never really "got" it.

Its because anime is epic, its usually well written, the animations are better than ordinary cartoons.

I've heard alot of people that watch it to help learn other languages and that is one of the reasons I watch a little bit of anime. It's really great for that reason to me.

I think it is because it became popular in Japan, and Japan makes a lot of it, so eventually it started being dubbed and subbed in other languages, exported in other countries... The stories, the animation and the style impressed the Western civilization because it was unique and entertaining, so it became popular all over the world...

Should be noted that the anime block Toonami greatly helped anime get a foot in the USA and is mostly why it thrives today.

Because it's anime my bro/lady xD
anime is hella good. it doesn't focus on childish cries and it surpases normal boring plots.
what else do ya want from anime?

it is liked for it's genres. they are many genres in anime and it's for anyone who likes entertainment and has an open mind for animation

Back