What's your favourite anime that's not known widely?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
Is there an anime like that, something like a hidden gem no one knows of?
I don't know why anime like that, which is not popular to some extent. What about you all?

Most of the ones that seem not widely known were ones that were popular several years ago, but fell by the wayside. Especially if they were popular before Crunchyroll. Some shows like Strawberry Marshmallow and Girls Und Panzer were pretty big back in the day.

Steel Angel Kurumi. I love this anime and the manga but the manga is out of print I had to really work to complete the set and having a complete set of the anime took some doing.

Steel Angel Kurumi. I love this anime and the manga but the manga is out of print I had to really work to complete the set and having a complete set of the anime took some doing.
is it a completed anime?
i am sure the newer ones would be easier to find than the older ones.

It is completed, in fact it has 2 sessions and 2 OVAs. Crunchy Roll says they have it but the link on their site has never worked.
that's kinda bad.
they are one of the few official anime streaming websites and they need to maintain their anime database better

that's kinda bad.
they are one of the few official anime streaming websites and they need to maintain their anime database better
True but it's not surprising. Like Hulu they did not start out as an official site in fact they were threatened with lawsuits and shutdowns many times before they finally went legit. Also with their merger with FUNimation then their split with them and finally acquiring and merging with them again it's not surprising that their database is somewhat unstable.

True but it's not surprising. Like Hulu they did not start out as an official site in fact they were threatened with lawsuits and shutdowns many times before they finally went legit. Also with their merger with FUNimation then their split with them and finally acquiring and merging with them again it's not surprising that their database is somewhat unstable.
oh i see.
true that it would be difficult to maintain everything but mal makes it look easy lol and they are hosting episodes now for some of the anime

oh i see.
true that it would be difficult to maintain everything but mal makes it look easy lol and they are hosting episodes now for some of the anime
MAL just links episodes from other sites. MAL’s database also works differently than CR. Crunchyroll’s database is based on the episodes themselves host, while MAL is just a site that just presents information of the existence of the show.

Crunchyroll also needs a ton of data to store their episodes, and are split across multiple drives, and on multiple servers. MAL can be hosted on a single computer, and can probably fit on a flash drive.

MAL just links episodes from other sites. MAL’s database also works differently than CR. Crunchyroll’s database is based on the episodes themselves host, while MAL is just a site that just presents information of the existence of the show.

Crunchyroll also needs a ton of data to store their episodes, and are split across multiple drives, and on multiple servers. MAL can be hosted on a single computer, and can probably fit on a flash drive.
what? i thought they have started to host the new episodes that are getting released for couple of anime
i am really disappointed lol

Back