What's wrong with my pc???????

Blackrose

V.I.P. Member
Somebody help me..I have cleared the cache and other browsing info but my computer is still slower than a snail..any suggestions?

Usually restart helps.
Otherwise try to stop running many applications at once.
Use task manager to see what applications are running.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Usually restart helps.
Otherwise try to stop running many applications at once.
Use task manager to see what applications are running.

I did restart and i don't know how to get task manager on this thing. It's a chromebook and very different from an actual pc. Thanks for the suggestion

blackrose said:
I did restart and i don't know how to get task manager on this thing. It's a chromebook and very different from an actual pc. Thanks for the suggestion

I don't think it's any different from an actual PC but I have never used chromebook before.
Try ctrl+Alt+Del to open the task manager.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I don't think it's any different from an actual PC but I have never used chromebook before.
Try ctrl+Alt+Del to open the task manager.

I would try that but there is no del on this thing..will google how to open task manager..thanks hun :)

blackrose said:
I would try that but there is no del on this thing..will google how to open task manager..thanks hun :)

It's the delete button :D
You would find it among the number keys :D
If I am not wrong, according to clara, ctrl+shift+esc opens the task manager directly :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
It's the delete button :D
You would find it among the number keys :D
If I am not wrong, according to clara, ctrl+shift+esc opens the task manager directly :D

Hey I know what is del on a pc lol just that this thing doesn't have one..would send u a pic but I can't upload them to my posts for some reason. Found it on google but thanks ::) shut off a couple processes so lets hope that helps. I hate slow computers and stuff

blackrose said:
Hey I know what is del on a pc lol just that this thing doesn't have one..would send u a pic but I can't upload them to my posts for some reason. Found it on google but thanks ::) shut off a couple processes so lets hope that helps. I hate slow computers and stuff

I see.
Glad that you were able to find it :D
Let me know if you need any help.

blackrose said:

could be a virus as well. Or if your storage is nearing full how much storage you got?

Ace said:
could be a virus as well. Or if your storage is nearing full how much storage you got?

it has a built in anti virus and won't let me download any other antivirus so I don't think it's a virus...I don't store anything on it much either..just use it for the internet..all it's really good for in my opinion

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see.
Glad that you were able to find it :D
Let me know if you need any help.

WEll it's still slow and annoying..might just leave it alone for a bit in while..thanks hun :)

More information would be helpful before I try suggest a bunch of things to fix it like how old is the PC and how long has it been slow for?

Risk said:
More information would be helpful before I try suggest a bunch of things to fix it like how old is the PC and how long has it been slow for?

I'm not sure how old it is but it was fine up till last night, I normally just clear the cache and it's fine..will try to clear it again and see what happens

You could also delete any unwanted files man.
It would speed up some if you do that and don't save too much in the OS installed drive.

I just noticed that it's only happening with this site..I tried fb and others and it's speed is normal. Is that weird? Can something be done about that?

Nameless said:
You could also delete any unwanted files man.
It would speed up some if you do that and don't save too much in the OS installed drive.

I could probably do that except I don't really have anything saved on it..just a few pictures really

blackrose said:
it has a built in anti virus and won't let me download any other antivirus so I don't think it's a virus...I don't store anything on it much either..just use it for the internet..all it's really good for in my opinion

WEll it's still slow and annoying..might just leave it alone for a bit in while..thanks hun :)

how good is your internet? Do you know the download speed and or upload speed? If not look up "Speed test by ookla" Should be the first one run it and post the results here,

What it could be is one of the site's images are too large for some internets downloads so it takes a moment.

Ping is the distance to the server, download is the download speed and upload is upload speed.

[quote="blackrose" pid='119740' dateline='1547007491']

okay so.. here are the results..I'm lost btw lol
PING-ms 16  Download-mbps 44.55 Upload mbps- 5.46

The heck is the meaning of that ? lol
[/quote]

That speed is not bad. Probably your Chromebook must be giving you trouble.
But it shouldn't give you trouble. What about other software? Are the slow too?

blackrose said:

yep, there is your issue right there. Chromebooks are a piece of junk that tend to go out faster than a typical PC would. I would end as many program processes as possible, delete anything you don't need off of it or move onto a usb, run your AV make sure there is no viruses and hope whatever you take off takes the burden off what little resources a chrombook has to use.

Back