What would make you to stop watching anime?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
Honestly, I wouldn't stop watching anime. If an anime is bad, I would move onto the next one.
I know some people who stopped watching anime when their first anime is bad.
So what about you guys?

When someone watches their first anime it will be a hit or a miss and its sad because sometimes they might have been introduced to anime with a series that they didn't like and then they wont want to come back and watch more because of that one bad experience. As for is I'd ever stop watching anime maybe a one day if I just don't find it fun anymore but even then I'd probably just watch less and less but I have no sign of slowing down any time soon and I wouldn't stop for any other reason.

Risk said:
When someone watches their first anime it will be a hit or a miss and its sad because sometimes they might have been introduced to anime with a series that they didn't like and then they wont want to come back and watch more because of that one bad experience. As for is I'd ever stop watching anime maybe a one day if I just don't find it fun anymore but even then I'd probably just watch less and less but I have no sign of slowing down any time soon and I wouldn't stop for any other reason.

I see.
Well I would watch at least 3 anime before coming to a conclusion but it's understandable, I suppose.
It's good to hear that you won't be dropping anime anytime soon Risk :D

When I start losing interest in the medium. This usually happens when I watch a movie or a TV series or something after watching an anime, and when I find out that I'm liking the movies more. I usually put my anime-watching hours on-hold and watch the movie or the TV series. Sometimes these breaks usually last a year or something. For now, my interest in watching anime has been pretty good for the past 2 years.

Just not being interested. I seem to have trouble sitting down for a full 23 min now a days when there's so many other distractions.

MadaraUchiha said:
When I start losing interest in the medium. This usually happens when I watch a movie or a TV series or something after watching an anime, and when I find out that I'm liking the movies more. I usually put my anime-watching hours on-hold and watch the movie or the TV series. Sometimes these breaks usually last a year or something. For now, my interest in watching anime has been pretty good for the past 2 years.
I see. Interesting anime can make you forget about movies or TV series
Well, I am glad that you are not bored with anime now
BurnsyCEO said:
Just not being interested. I seem to have trouble sitting down for a full 23 min now a days when there's so many other distractions.

Are you watching anything as of now?

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see. Interesting anime can make you forget about movies or TV series
Well, I am glad that you are not bored with anime now

Are you watching anything as of now?

Not Fixed.. Varies.. But nope.. I wont stop it completely.. Been seeing it from age 7.. It made my childhood days awesome after all.. Maybe I get saturated easily but still I watch then and there..

Sase said:
Not Fixed.. Varies.. But nope.. I wont stop it completely.. Been seeing it from age 7.. It made my childhood days awesome after all.. Maybe I get saturated easily but still I watch then and there..

I see. Well there are new anime that are good like bokurano, made in abyss, one punch man etc.
Have you watched them?

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see. Well there are new anime that are good like bokurano, made in abyss, one punch man etc.
Have you watched them?

OPM alone , yup. Rest I have just heard the names.

Sase said:
OPM alone , yup. Rest I have just heard the names.

Well, even though they are rare, they are all good Anime.
Give them a try and if you are selective, you can't get bored of anime easily

Star_Of_Hope said:
Well, even though they are rare, they are all good Anime.
Give them a try and if you are selective, you can't get bored of anime easily

*pats* yeah.. Okay :).

Nothing really, even if modern animme got too bad to watch or simply watched, there are tons of old series I love to catch up on.

now i think about it, if anime is bad and if they stop making shonen ai and yaoi genres completely, then i will stop watching anime too.

Back