What makes desktop super functional than mobile devices??

Sincerem

I've always thought about this, but never been satisfied about my own review. Upon the wide usage of smart phones, and other handy mobile devices accessing the internet. Still, desktop computers are preferable to doing some complex tasks that isn't allowed for mobile devices. 

What makes it preferable that way??

Some websites are perfectly functional in mobile. Others have a clunky UI making it annoying to navigate through, or have certain features or options missing.

Well some apps outright lack features that a desktop browser version has - uploading to Soundcloud comes to mind here, there's no way to do it from mobile (at least there wasn't when I was looking to do so ~3 years ago, perhaps it's changed).

Add to the fact desktops are usually higher spec than mobiles, they generally handle multitasking better.

You guys gave your genuine response concerning the different functionality of a desktop computer and a mobile devices. I understood that desktop have better specs than mobile phones.

apathy said:
Well some apps outright lack features that a desktop browser version has - uploading to Soundcloud comes to mind here, there's no way to do it from mobile (at least there wasn't when I was looking to do so ~3 years ago, perhaps it's changed).
You can upload through your phone now. I've just never bothered because I don't mix my stuff on my phone or tablet.

Actually I prefer to use mobile for my daily activities. Even now also, I am posting in this forum from mobile. I have desktop PC but I don't like to sit on a chair all day long.

Well for me it is multitasking and gaming. While I do use my smart phone for a great deal it is severely limited in processing power, storage, and screen space. My desktop has dual i7 3.4ghz processers. 32 GB DDR4 RAM. 5 Samsung Electronics 870 EVO 2TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD. Dual ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Core Edition 11GB GDDR5X 352-bit PCIe 3.0 VR Ready cards, 5 monitors 1 55in center and 4 32in stacked 2 on each side. I love my iPhone 13 Pro but it can't hold a candle to my desktop. I also have a KVM setup to hot-swap boxes I am working on. My phone can't do that. Not to mention that WOW, FFXIV, and Zenith the Last City look and run freaking awesome on my desktop. No phone MMO even comes close. But on the flip side my Desktop is BIG really freaking BIG! Not portable at all. I can remote in to clients comps with my phone. Watch movies, anime, and TV on my phone. Check email, make purchases, and have internet and hot spot almost anywhere I go. So I would say I prefer my phone for somethings and my desktop for others.

Well for me it is multitasking and gaming. While I do use my smart phone for a great deal it is severely limited in processing power, storage, and screen space. My desktop has dual i7 3.4ghz processers. 32 GB DDR4 RAM. 5 Samsung Electronics 870 EVO 2TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD. Dual ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Core Edition 11GB GDDR5X 352-bit PCIe 3.0 VR Ready cards, 5 monitors 1 55in center and 4 32in stacked 2 on each side. I love my iPhone 13 Pro but it can't hold a candle to my desktop. I also have a KVM setup to hot-swap boxes I am working on. My phone can't do that. Not to mention that WOW, FFXIV, and Zenith the Last City look and run freaking awesome on my desktop. No phone MMO even comes close. But on the flip side my Desktop is BIG really freaking BIG! Not portable at all. I can remote in to clients comps with my phone. Watch movies, anime, and TV on my phone. Check email, make purchases, and have internet and hot spot almost anywhere I go. So I would say I prefer my phone for somethings and my desktop for others.
that's just cool lol
how much did it cost you and i am sure the desktop would have been very expensive as it's big

that's just cool lol
how much did it cost you and i am sure the desktop would have been very expensive as it's big
Since I built it myself It didn't cost as much as a store bought machine would or what I'd charge to build it for someone else. I built this rig over the course of a few years adding to and upgrading bits a I go. It's an ever growing project as my wife calls it. The monitors ran about $300 and I've probably got about $3k in the box itself right now.

Since I built it myself It didn't cost as much as a store bought machine would or what I'd charge to build it for someone else. I built this rig over the course of a few years adding to and upgrading bits a I go. It's an ever growing project as my wife calls it. The monitors ran about $300 and I've probably got about $3k in the box itself right now.
that's a lot
i agree that building is cheaper but not everyone got the skill to build the computer. $3k is a lot. that's just wow

Back