What do you think of the ranking system for anime?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Well, it's kinda weird to judge an anime and rate it sometimes but without that it would be difficult to get the list of anime which are usually liked by many people. So, what do you guys think?

Grungie said:
I think anyone who takes it seriously needs to get a life

Even at first, you never cared about rankings? If you like an anime, usually you would want to see it at the top

Rinko said:
Even at first, you never cared about rankings? If you like an anime, usually you would want to see it at the top
I never really cared in the first place. I always just enjoyed what i want and ignored what other people think.

Grungie said:
I never really cared in the first place. I always just enjoyed what i want and ignored what other people think.

Always? That's really cool but average people like me, at first, would care about the rankings.
I remember trying to mail mangakas to make me favourite character have even more screentime and later I realised how utterly pointless it was

[quote="Rinko" pid='265828' dateline='1638158784']

Always? That's really cool but average people like me, at first, would care about the rankings.
I remember trying to mail mangakas to make me favourite character have even more screentime and later I realised how utterly pointless it was
[/quote]

I also got into anime a lot more when people only knew like 10 shows, and if it wasn’t those 10, wtf was it. I was watching shows that were only popular online, and if I went to any ranking site, it was all those same 10 shows everywhere.

Back