Uploading vs Cybernetic Reincarnating what to do with your afterlife.

kadenmire

V.I.P. Member
If you knew you were dying and had a choice would you go for full body prosthetic. Encapsulating your brain in a cyborg body like in Ghost in the Shell. Or would you have a copy of your Mind/Soul uploaded to a virtual world like in SAO Alicization.

i think i would want my brain to be preserved lol.
the robotic body can make us feel pretty much invincible @kadenmire but sao got the appeal of going through an adventure
Yeah I kinda like the Idea of being able to have fantasy type adventures too.

Was kind of hoping get a good discussion going but looks like this isn't interesting enough.

Yeah I kinda like the Idea of being able to have fantasy type adventures too.

Was kind of hoping get a good discussion going but looks like this isn't interesting enough.
lol it is interesting.
just that lately not many people visit maf which is a pity.
what kind of fantasy adventure do you like kaden?
@Grungie

lol it is interesting.
just that lately not many people visit maf which is a pity.
what kind of fantasy adventure do you like kaden?
@Grungie
I'm an old-school hardcore D&D fan. My fav place to campaign is the Demi Plaines of Dread! Up for a dungeon crawl through castle Barovia?

I'm an old-school hardcore D&D fan. My fav place to campaign is the Demi Plaines of Dread! Up for a dungeon crawl through castle Barovia?
sorry kaden.
haven't been playing anything for years. i get addicted to them easily so i have started avoiding them.

I would want to upload my brain to some other body.
This could be an entirely new one and I am sure it's easy more interesting than having to be stuck in an online world.

I would want to upload my brain to some other body.
This could be an entirely new one and I am sure it's easy more interesting than having to be stuck in an online world.
True and you could still visit a VR world with a cyberbrain network link. You'd get the best of both.

If you knew you were dying and had a choice would you go for full body prosthetic. Encapsulating your brain in a cyborg body like in Ghost in the Shell. Or would you have a copy of your Mind/Soul uploaded to a virtual world like in SAO Alicization.
I would like a physical body. One that can have the 5 senses, but without pain receptors, so it cannot feel any pain.

If given a choice, I would like to go to a world like SAO and get trapped there. If it's a risky adventure, things could get really exciting and of course I don't want anything that could lead to death in the game. Things should just restart after the character dies.

Full body prosthetic sounds cool and creepy at the same time man. Even if you get hurt, you could replace those parts but that doesn't make you a normal human in everyday sense which is creepy. I would still opt for it :cheers:

I would like a physical body. One that can have the 5 senses, but without pain receptors, so it cannot feel any pain.
But without that critical sense you wouldn't be able to tell when you are in danger. Better to be able to dial it down when you need.
If given a choice, I would like to go to a world like SAO and get trapped there. If it's a risky adventure, things could get really exciting and of course I don't want anything that could lead to death in the game. Things should just restart after the character dies.
Being able to reincarnate after KO huh. Makes sense why permadeath in your afterlife.

But without that critical sense you wouldn't be able to tell when you are in danger. Better to be able to dial it down when you need.

Being able to reincarnate after KO huh. Makes sense why permadeath in your afterlife.
If it's real life one wouldn't gamble with it but if it's a virtual life where nothing actually exists, it shouldn't be too much to ask for

Back