Too many ads these days?

Rinko

V.I.P. Member
There are 4 places where I can see ads in the index page and sometimes the page wouldn't load at all.
At this rate I will enable adblocker for this website

I don’t have a problem with ads, but the poor placement makes it obnoxious to navigate on mobile.

Clara is still around. I'm assuming it's her that is doing it
I don't think I have seen her around. Thank you and let me tag her @Claraviolet
I don’t have a problem with ads, but the poor placement makes it obnoxious to navigate on mobile.
Even in desktop layout it's hard and in threads, I can hardly see the actual content
@Rinko @Grungie @gemxtria
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. If I remember it correctly, the inbuilt ads for Xenforo were not working and @Claraviolet changed something in the core stuff. Probably she will look into it soon
Alright Star but can we please disable them?
It's hard to navigate with all these ads.

The ads are good. They help you financially. They are not bothersome. :cool:
It's one thing to have ads, but it's another thing when there's like 15 ads, and they break the format of the website up. It's basically half ad on mobile. I feel like I'm on some seedy website where I'll get a pop up saying "we found over 9000 viruses on your computer, download this software right now to remove them".

You are probably exaggerating. There are not that many ads.
> Not that many ads
ob0LHnU.jpg

vLWMGNl.jpg

qWyObYm.jpg

3lh1C2N.jpg

Please tell me how full of shit I am.

For that last screenshot, I had to use a different device to recreate it, but once every few hours, when you click on a thread, it redirects you to yet another ad (that takes up the entire page) and you have to click the X button on to actually go to a thread.

> Not that many ads
ob0LHnU.jpg

vLWMGNl.jpg

qWyObYm.jpg

3lh1C2N.jpg

Please tell me how full of shit I am.

For that last screenshot, I had to use a different device to recreate it, but once every few hours, when you click on a thread, it redirects you to yet another ad (that takes up the entire page) and you have to click the X button on to actually go to a thread.
I haven't experienced these many ads so far but it's just too much.
They really need to solve this first.

Ok yeah adblocker is running so never saw the ads. Paused it just to see and WOW! It was like someone pasted a sales paper to my screen.
It’s pretty bad. If it was a banner on the top, (like it used to be), it’s non-intrusive and whatever. But the way it is now on mobile, it’s annoying.

All but that last screenshot I posted were just from me scrolling on the home page. I didn’t load different pages. Is it really that necessary to have multiple ads breaking up the layout of the website? Is it necessary to have the same ad posted multiple times on the same page?

I want them to be reduced as well man.
This would make me not to want to visit the website too much

Back