Tokyo Ghoul - Kaneki's hair

Mansi14

YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED TOKYO GHOUL

I think many of you already know about this but if you don't, the sudden whitening of Kaneki's hair was due to the Marie Antoinette syndrome.
Marie Antoinette syndrome is sudden whitening of hair due to extreme amount of stress, sorrow and fear.
It is named after the last queen of France whose hair turned white overnight prior her execution.
So after Yamori tortured him for 10 days one day his hair just turned white! Tada!

Maybe Suzuya Juuzou's hair also turned white because of this syndrome as he was constantly tortured in his young age.

In my family many people always say that don't worry too much or your hair is gonna turn grey (Not overnight though).
Even now often when people in my society see someone with gray hair it is assumed that that person is worried or tensed a lot...

i know it but i don't know anyone who had it except for kaneki. there are other white hared people but this might not be the cause. do you think togame of katanagatari, didn't have this color hair before?

SecretWish said:
i know it but i don't know anyone who had it except for kaneki. there are other white hared people but this might not be the cause. do you think togame of katanagatari, didn't have this color hair before?

I had indeed thought of this while watching Katanagatari. (Have watched only 4 episodes yet) I don't know many characters like that much either.

Mansi14 said:
I had indeed thought of this while watching Katanagatari. (Have watched only 4 episodes yet) I don't know many characters like that much either.

i was thinking you have completed it at you couldn't watch your movie list. must be busy with your staff work?

Mansi14 said:
YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED TOKYO GHOUL

I think many of you already know about this but if you don't, the sudden whitening of Kaneki's hair was due to the Marie Antoinette syndrome.
Marie Antoinette syndrome is sudden whitening of hair due to extreme amount of stress, sorrow and fear.
It is named after the last queen of France whose hair turned white overnight prior her execution.
So after Yamori tortured him for 10 days one day his hair just turned white! Tada!

Maybe Suzuya Juuzou's hair also turned white because of this syndrome as he was constantly tortured in his young age.

In my family many people always say that don't worry too much or your hair is gonna turn grey (Not overnight though).
Even now often when people in my society see someone with gray hair it is assumed that that person is worried or tensed a lot...

Hmmm ... Interesting. Dang, and I thought this was just an anime only thing. I like shiro kaneki more than kuro. Kuro was not mentally strong, shiro isnt either, But it also indicates the realization of him accepting his ghoul self, thus becoming the badass.

Sase said:
Hmmm ... Interesting. Dang, and I thought this was just an anime only thing. I like shiro kaneki more than kuro. Kuro was not mentally strong, shiro isnt either, But it also indicates the realization of him accepting his ghoul self, thus becoming the badass.

Kaneki's mental health worsened if anything after the torture. It is possible to say that he has Schizophrenia and dissociative personality disorder. He becomes colder and ruthless after the torture but still retains the sense of protecting others. So I guess that is what makes us feel that he is badass.

SecretWish said:
i was thinking you have completed it at you couldn't watch your movie list. must be busy with your staff work?

Well I have studies and jobs and house and health to tend to. I did take up that challenge but I can hardly make time for it >.>

Mansi14 said:
Kaneki's mental health worsened if anything after the torture. It is possible to say that he has Schizophrenia and dissociative personality disorder. He becomes colder and ruthless after the torture but still retains the sense of protecting others. So I guess that is what makes us feel that he is badass.

You did tell me, ya took arts and science.. Ya secretly did MBBS or what, lol? Aaaand , I see. Credits goes to Jason, the great for bringing out his badass-ness. MPD or DID occured to him after his fight against Arima at the end of TG and before the start of TG : Re. He would get amnesia. And thus sasaki was born. Tragedy tag perfectly fits that anime.

Sase said:
You did tell me, ya took arts and science.. Ya secretly did MBBS or what, lol? Aaaand , I see. Credits goes to Jason, the great for bringing out his badass-ness. MPD or DID occured to him after his fight against Arima at the end of TG and before the start of TG : Re. He would get amnesia. And thus sasaki was born. Tragedy tag perfectly fits that anime.

I wish I could secretly do MBBS XD I had seriously considered studying medical sciene side by side and appear for a veterinary science entrance but then that just seems a really impossible thing at the moment xD Mainly because I opted for arts, but well no regrets. Things are good as they are, and as for the post earlier, I have Psychology as a subject xD Tragedy indeed. I remember reading the very first chapter, it's last page fits it till date.

Mansi14 said:
I wish I could secretly do MBBS XD I had seriously considered studying medical sciene side by side and appear for a veterinary science entrance but then that just seems a really impossible thing at the moment xD Mainly because I opted for arts, but well no regrets. Things are good as they are, and as for the post earlier, I have Psychology as a subject xD Tragedy indeed. I remember reading the very first chapter, it's last page fits it till date.

Well, I haven't even finished school (junior college but still >.>) yet I must do two jobs per day ;_; They don't even pay a lot ;_;
I have engineer friends who have managed to become cosplayers, graphic designers, have their own ice cream parlour, and of course a lot unemployed ones too xD
The rate at which people opt for engineer with 0 interest is really alarming xD Well basically joblessness has less to do with qualification and more with what kind of work you're expected to do with how much effort. Also how you can work up yourself for new ideas xD

Mansi14 said:
Well, I haven't even finished school (junior college but still >.>) yet I must do two jobs per day ;_; They don't even pay a lot ;_;
I have engineer friends who have managed to become cosplayers, graphic designers, have their own ice cream parlour, and of course a lot unemployed ones too xD
The rate at which people opt for engineer with 0 interest is really alarming xD Well basically joblessness has less to do with qualification and more with what kind of work you're expected to do with how much effort. Also how you can work up yourself for new ideas xD

there are many cases like this and even in katanagatari it is the same. is it not? i think i saw this question or even asked it myself. i don't remember

Back