The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland) episode 4

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
I NEVER saw that coming that was shocking. I went back to the plan to catch the spy to see how he knew ray was the spy and my guess is norman didn't tell either of the two where the rope was and yet he told ray the lie and ray removed the rope from dons location to make it seem like don was the culprit but if one was missing and only ray knew the location it could be deduced he was the spy.

Also it seems like krone, from what she said when she smashed up her doll, she is also looking for a spy under her thumb. Though she seems very untactful and not at all worried about mentioning the secret in front of anyone.

I never expected Norman, to even suspect Ray. I thought they were all in this together and how could he betray his siblings like that ...but then again, he is very rational and he is against taking all his siblings with him.
He is smart too and he might have believed that he would get a chance to live this way. This is getting dark.

Ray getting suspected was a surprise but I'm starting to feel a bit weird about watching this weekly. I'm not feeling any suspense or tension, and this supposed to be a psychological/thriller/horror anime. Maybe it has to do with the editing, it's so paint by numbers, unlike something like Death Note or the first season of Attack on Titan. Wish it'd have some energy. Every episode it just feels like characters sitting around and talking, there's no sense of urgency.
Though I'm already 1/3rd done so no point in mulling over it anymore.

MadaraUchiha said:
Ray getting suspected was a surprise but I'm starting to feel a bit weird about watching this weekly. I'm not feeling any suspense or tension, and this supposed to be a psychological/thriller/horror anime. Maybe it has to do with the editing, it's so paint by numbers, unlike something like Death Note or the first season of Attack on Titan. Wish it'd have some energy. Every episode it just feels like characters sitting around and talking, there's no sense of urgency.

i wanted to watch it but not many people in yo is enjoying it. after reading this i don't think this is enjoyable enough for me to even pick it up

MadaraUchiha said:

I don't know what you mean paint by numbers.And I think it has more than enough suspense and thrill. Potential plot holes aside which I mentioned last episode this was been one of the best mystrey anime yet. And it's only been 4 episodes and it has had plenty of plot progression so far.

BurnsyCEO said:
I don't know what you mean paint by numbers.And I think it has more than enough suspense and thrill. Potential plot holes aside which I mentioned last episode this was been one of the best mystrey anime yet. And it's only been 4 episodes and it has had plenty of plot progression so far.

Not sure if you've watched it but Higurashi is sort of a ticking time bomb as well and characters are constantly on edge. Whereas here it just feels like they are a bit too easy-going. Not denying that they have to keep up appearances but they are children as well so they could be a bit more desperate is what I'm saying.
Angel said:
i wanted to watch it but not many people in yo is enjoying it. after reading this i don't think this is enjoyable enough for me to even pick it up

It's a minor criticism honestly, I still really like the anime.
Those people probably don't even like the shonen genre or manga turds who have no job other than to criticise the anime. The usual stuff "this scene was cut" or "that scene was rushed". Been seeing this shit a lot for years so I always ignore source-material readers.

MadaraUchiha said:
Not sure if you've watched it but Higurashi is sort of a ticking time bomb as well and characters are constantly on edge. Whereas here it just feels like they are a bit too easy-going. Not denying that they have to keep up appearances but they are children as well so they could be a bit more desperate is what I'm saying.

Those people probably don't even like the shonen genre or manga turds who have no job other than to criticise the anime. The usual stuff "this scene was cut" or "that scene was rushed". Been seeing this shit a lot for years so I always ignore source-material readers.

They could be. But you saw episode 2 and the corridor scene as well as the scenes where the kids gets confronted and the sense of danger is there all right. I don't think making them more scared id really gonna improve the anime.

MadaraUchiha said:

i will check it out.
i don't remember a lot of things about this but this could be worth it may be

Back